Samsung Galaxy S7 Rumors thread

bitslizer

Any word on pricing for those on older subsidized plans?

If you're still under contract & want to do an early upgrade, the fee is $250. Then $299.99 is the 2-yr price for the S7E.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like there are numerous versions for each carrier. I guess no universal device for the US carriers. What a shame.

The articles I read say that they are the same US device but firmware is different. Hardware and radios are the same. Differing numbers indicate which firmware configuration.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen confirmation about fingerprint reader and louder speakers?

What about the fingerprint reader?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

$199 for regular 32GB. $299 for Edge 32GB.

I must be blind as hell because I couldn't find that info yesterday, thanks.

If you're still under contract & want to do an early upgrade, the fee is $250. Then $299.99 is the 2-yr price for the S7E.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

I am good on that, the last couple of purchases has been at full retail so all my lines are eligible for upgrades.

• Like 1

The articles I read say that they are the same US device but firmware is different. Hardware and radios are the same. Differing numbers indicate which firmware configuration.

Still serves the same purpose. Sprint will only activate Sprint models, even if you manually flash different firmware for the carrier.

Still serves the same purpose. Sprint will only activate Sprint models, even if you manually flash different firmware for the carrier.

I didn't say it didn't.

Theoretically, the potential is there without hardware issues and only an OTA software change.

You need to have the account holder present to do any upgrades.

Yeah I'm the account holder. So hopefully I can use my wife's upgrade. How does pre-order work, I've never done it before, do I have to pick the which store I'm picking up from. Basically I'll be traveling for 3 weeks during the pre-order date and release date. So I won't be near the store I want to pickup from on the pre-order date.

Does sprint/best buy still allow you to use the upgrade of someone else on your plan?

Target always allows this.  I've done 2 upgrades this way through Target with 0 hassle whatsoever.  I forget what they call it in their terminology (Piggy Back Upgrade?).

I've read Best Buy does it too "Alternate Upgrade".  But I've never done it.

Target does not make you sign any TOS, so ultimately with Target you can upgrade the other person and then remove the phone right away (if you don't have them process it with the Piggy Back Upgrade).

Best Buy makes you sign a TOS that says if you don't keep the phone on the line that was upgraded for 6 months you owe them $200 (commissions).  So make sure they process it with the Alternate Upgrade path.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?cp=1&searchType=search&%20=&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24pcmcat209400050001&sc=Global&sp=-displaydate%20skuidsaas&qp=devicemanufacturer_facet%3DSAAS~Device%20Brand~Samsung%5Emodelfamily_facet%3DModel%20Family~Samsung%20Galaxy%20S7%5Emodelfamily_facet%3DModel%20Family~Samsung%20Galaxy%20S7%20edge%5Ecarrier_facet%3DCarrier~Sprint&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&nrp=15&fs=saas&iht=n&seeAll=&browsedCategory=pcmcat209400050001

At Target last year I actually used MY upgrade to get my wife a new iPhone 6 and she is on a completely different account! (Framily)

I'll be using my parent's upgrade to get the Galaxy S7 Edge (they'll be inheriting my Galaxy S5).  My dad is too cheap to actually buy nice phones, so it works well.

Edited by jnadke

I've used parents upgrade years ago because they have never cared. But when my kids are old enough to have phones I would be pissed if they did that to me.

I would too.

Fortunately my father barely understands how to access the internet on his phone, so he doesn't really care.

Benefits of a 6-line ED1500.

Edited by jnadke
  • Like 1

Can't decide on S7 or S7 Edge...hmm. Anyone with an Edge device still happy with their choice?

The edge has a bigger battery, larger screen, and added access functionality via the edge screens. These S7 edges are supposed to have new functionality and the new sdk release is supposed to encourage new app uses.

The edge has a bigger battery, larger screen, and added access functionality via the edge screens. These S7 edges are supposed to have new functionality and the new sdk release is supposed to encourage new app uses.

To be fair, I see the bigger battery as mainly a wash.

The bigger screen size uses more power and the flexible Plastic-OLED technology I believe isn't as efficient as the tradition OLED screens.

The S7 Edge might get slightly more battery life in benchmarks, but I expect it to be very similar.

I would too.

Fortunately my father barely understands how to access the internet on his phone, so he doesn't really care.

Benefits of a 6-line ED1500.

Haha my dad has a flip phone from 2008. Cracked screen since 2010. He wants to upgrade to "an Internet phone" now. Thinking about the iPhone 5se. Probably the easiest for him to understand and a good transition size too.

I've never used easy mode on Samsung phones. Is it truly easy?

Try as I may, I cannot find any info in reference to the the free Gear VR in the Galaxy Forever pre-order deal. Does one get one Gear VR or two if you get a S7/S7 Edge and another at half price?

TS

You don't get it with the phone.

The FREE Gear VR is via a send-in rebate on a promo page.  You have to submit your receipt buying it between 2/24 and 3/11 by 3/31.

http://promo.samsungpromotions.com/

Edit:  I stand corrected per this website each phone will come with a Galaxy VR when bought at a retail store.  Through Sprint you have to submit for the rebate.

https://promos.samsungpromotions.com/GearVR

Edited by jnadke