Everything Data 1500 beyond 5 lines

lubberlick

Lurker here with some information to share finally.

I have an ED1500 family plan that until today I was under the impression was limited to 5 lines. I was told I could add more than 5 but the 6th through 10th would have to be on a new plan and so on.

However today while talking to a sprint phone rep about my daughter now being married and wanting to start her own plan, the rep made the comment that some well qualified customers could actually add 6th and 7th lines at the add-a-line rate.

So I agreed and had my 14yr old sons $60 a month unlimited account closed and merged with my ED1500 plan. I now have 6 lines. Line 1 $110+10 and lines 2-6 19.99+10. She even said she notated my account to allow for a 7th line if I so choose in the future. She did say though that she didn't expect I could get allowed for more in this manner.

The new line shows up on my account as out of contract and eligible for a 2yr upgrade. I didn't go through with the purchase but it let me get all the way to checkout on a 149.99 s6.

There was a $36 activation fee for this line even without a phone purchase (used an s4 I had) but she waved that when I complained a little (very little).

So hopefully some of you still on this plan can take advantage of this if it suits you.

• Like 10

Lurker here with some information to share finally.

I have an ED1500 family plan that until today I was under the impression was limited to 5 lines. I was told I could add more than 5 but the 6th through 10th would have to be on a new plan and so on.

However today while talking to a sprint phone rep about my daughter now being married and wanting to start her own plan, the rep made the comment that some well qualified customers could actually add 6th and 7th lines at the add-a-line rate.

So I agreed and had my 14yr old sons $60 a month unlimited account closed and merged with my ED1500 plan. I now have 6 lines. Line 1 $110+10 and lines 2-6 19.99+10. She even said she notated my account to allow for a 7th line if I so choose in the future. She did say though that she didn't expect I could get allowed for more in this manner.

The new line shows up on my account as out of contract and eligible for a 2yr upgrade. I didn't go through with the purchase but it let me get all the way to checkout on a 149.99 s6.

There was a $36 activation fee for this line even without a phone purchase (used an s4 I had) but she waved that when I complained a little (very little).

So hopefully some of you still on this plan can take advantage of this if it suits you.

I think its a total of 10 lines now.

I think its a total of 10 lines now.

I don't think so. This is a line of the email I recieved after I hung up.

As of 11/09/2015, the Everything Data Share 1500 plan was added to your account and the $30 1GB Entry Plan plan was removed.

The rep told me she was going to have to get her supervisor to make the change on the account after we hung up. I was worried but it did not take very long for the change to show up on my account.

I'll need to give Sprint a call tomorrow and check. I'll let you know my findings. Did you call CS or sales?

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Customer Service. Good luck let us know.

Couple store reps told me that I could add up to 10 as my account already has 6 lines (includes Airave).

I've tried adding an additional line to my ED1500 numerous times.  Every rep says your account is eligible for 10 lines, but what they do not say is that your plan is only eligible for 5 out of the 10.  In some cases, 6 lines out of 10.  This means that for the other 4-5 lines, you need to add a totally different plan in. I'll give them a call shortly and see if I can get an additional line added to my already 6-line ED1500 plan.  My account is also approved for up to 10 lines.

• Like 1

I've tried adding an additional line to my ED1500 numerous times.  Every rep says your account is eligible for 10 lines, but what they do not say is that your plan is only eligible for 5 out of the 10.  In some cases, 6 lines out of 10.  This means that for the other 4-5 lines, you need to add a totally different plan in. I'll give them a call shortly and see if I can get an additional line added to my already 6-line ED1500 plan.  My account is also approved for up to 10 lines.

Exactly. This is why I was surprised when I was offered 6th and 7th lines at the 19.99+10.

I'm also a 1500 ED legacy customer. Different question here. Have you guys safely upgraded through Best Buy lately? I've been out of contract and eligible for upgrade for a year. Saw the Note 5 at Best Buy for $50 today (crazy) and I'm very tempted. But I'm concerned that going through Best Buy will alter my 1500 ED in any way or add unwanted fees. This plan is a gem when you see what's going on out there now a days. The only way I give up this plan is if you pry it out of my dead cold hands :)

I'm also a 1500 ED legacy customer. Different question here. Have you guys safely upgraded through Best Buy lately? I've been out of contract and eligible for upgrade for a year. Saw the Note 5 at Best Buy for $50 today (crazy) and I'm very tempted. But I'm concerned that going through Best Buy will alter my 1500 ED in any way or add unwanted fees. This plan is a gem when you see what's going on out there now a days. The only way I give up this plan is if you pry it out of my dead cold hands :)

You will be fine. I am sure the rep will give you the option of doing a lease with loyalty credit, but Best Buy can still do 2yr upgrades on ED 1500.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You will be fine. I am sure the rep will give you the option of doing a lease with loyalty credit, but Best Buy can still do 2yr upgrades on ED 1500.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

I am glad for this. Best Buy tends to have amazing deals on upgrades.

In other news. Has anyone been able to add past 5 lines on this plan yet? Other than me of course.

• Like 1

Just spent about an hour working through Telesales to try to add line 6 to my ED1500 plan.  They said I got a one-time exception for a 6th line since I've been a 14 year customer.  I should be able to go into Best Buy and have no issues.

• Like 2

Just spent about an hour working through Telesales to try to add line 6 to my ED1500 plan.  They said I got a one-time exception for a 6th line since I've been a 14 year customer.  I should be able to go into Best Buy and have no issues.

Just returned from best buy and tried to add a new line with the iPhone 6 promotion and it didn't work out. Calling Sprint again to see what's up.

Just returned from best buy and tried to add a new line with the iPhone 6 promotion and it didn't work out. Calling Sprint again to see what's up.

Yeah, it's not super easy for Best Buy to add a new line to ED for some reason. I just recently added a 5th line and the lady at Best Buy had to start a new My Way plan to get me the line and the promotion, then she had to call up sprint to get them to transfer the line over to my ED plan.

Wow the irony. I called yesterday to inquire about the $20 1 gigabyte plan for my brother in law they told me that on my ED1500 plan I could add another line for $30! And later I could add more lines up to 10 with an overwrite permission. This is awesome. They noted it on my account, but approx a year back this was not possible. I had called once to do it and like stated here already, it required a brand new plan under my account.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's not super easy for Best Buy to add a new line to ED for some reason. I just recently added a 5th line and the lady at Best Buy had to start a new My Way plan to get me the line and the promotion, then she had to call up sprint to get them to transfer the line over to my ED plan.

I have the same problem even at Sprint stores too. We were adding a new line for my brother and they had to add it as a different plan. They called customer service and they refused to switch it over. The store rep got in an argument with the customer service rep about how this is whet they have always done when adding a line to ED 1500. Eventually they changed it over but the weird thing was it was only a 4th line so we weren't even at our plan maximum.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

The trick I think is to get Sprint CS to add the line and just put any phone you have laying around on the line. It will show up as out of contract, then go to BB and get the phone you want by signing a new 2yr on that line.

• Like 2

The trick I think is to get Sprint CS to add the line and just put any phone you have laying around on the line. It will show up as out of contract, then go to BB and get the phone you want by signing a new 2yr on that line.

Honestly, instead of dealing with the hassle and waiting for reliable LTE (currently still slow 3G around and in many stores/businesses I frequent) to deploy in my area, I'm going to leave Sprint.  It sucks because I don't want to walk away from my plan, but I need my 6th line (big family, another kid needs a cell phone).  Sprints plan upgrade options for an existing ED1500 customer with contracts are terrible. It would be cheaper to go to Verizon (which is still too expensive).  I'm just going to have T-mobile eat my ETFs.  

• 5 months later...

Im posting on this thread since it is relevant. I have a different question though

Ive swithced the liability of the account from personal to enterprise/business while ago. I still have the legacy ED 1500 plan for 3 of my lines. I was wondering is it possible to add another line of the same plan to the account

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1