IT'S THE WiMAX COUNTDOWN!!!

S4GRU

Can someone explains what happens now that WiMAX has been shutdown? Within the last half hour here at my house I no longer see Clearwire B41 in SignalCheck but now Sprint 412 with the same GCI that I saw for Clearwire B41 yesterday. Was this to be expected with the shutdown?

Now that WiMAX has been shutdown, Sprint can fire up LTE and Carrier Aggregation on its capable Clearwire Gear. As for the legacy WiMAX gear (single mode), it can finally remove it from these sites and either replace the equipment with all new LTE gear or unload the site from the roster entirely if no longer needed.

I am now having less b41 connections where normally I would have either Clear or Sprint b41. It's not everywhere but in a hand full of places. I updated my prl n everything else. I strongly believe some b41 went down too. I'm seeing more Sprint b41 but many places fell back to b25. Like I stated before, even my wife at work that had LTE, now has 1x. She updated and now it switches between 3G n 1x...but never again LTE.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Edited by ttwiitch

I am now having less b41 connections where normally I would have either Clear or Sprint b41. It's not everywhere but in a hand full of places. I updated my prl n everything else. I strongly believe some b41 went down too. I'm seeing more Sprint b41 but many places fell back to b25. Like I stated before, even my wife at work that had LTE, now has 1x. She updated and now it switches between 3G n 1x...but never again LTE.

When was the shutdown scheduled for your area? Mine was yesterday. I should have elaborated that my signal has been jumping around from SprintB41 to SprintB412 to even SprintB252. So if I had to guess there has to be some additional optimization if the Clearwire gear can now broadcast b41.

• Like 1

When was the shutdown scheduled for your area? Mine was yesterday. I should have elaborated that my signal has been jumping around from SprintB41 to SprintB412 to even SprintB252. So if I had to guess there has to be some additional optimization if the Clearwire gear can now broadcast b41.

Yesterday too, Miami FL.

Usually what happens is that they will now have the ability to turn on the second carrier on those sites that didn't have them. As long as the clear equipment is capable in your region, you will see them fire it up on all sites in the coming weeks.

Average speeds went up 10 folds in NYC after the wimax shutdown.

• Like 1

Would all users see an immediate benefit from the shutdown? Even those of us who do not yet have a capable device for carrier aggregation on b41?

Yes due to a great capacity increase (this will be evident over the next few weeks)

• Like 1

Usually what happens is that they will now have the ability to turn on the second carrier on those sites that didn't have them. As long as the clear equipment is capable in your region, you will see them fire it up on all sites in the coming weeks.

Average speeds went up 10 folds in NYC after the wimax shutdown.

But give it a couple weeks to see all the improvements.

• Like 1

So what did the average speeds go up to in NYC? And non CA phones saw benefits as well right? I'm trying to hold out on upgrading to a new device.

Speeds became extremely slow in NYC, sub 1mb. After second carrier came online non CA devices speeds went up to 15-20mbs average and CA devices 25-40mbs average.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...