Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

Fierce Wireless named some of the carriers awhile back and a store employee mentioned the date. They said specific devices are required obviously to support it Samsung S6 iPhone 6s and so on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fierce Wireless named some of the carriers awhile back and a store employee mentioned the date. They said specific devices are required obviously to support it Samsung S6 iPhone 6s and so on.

Interesting...

USCC is enablingLTE roaming sometime in December according to rumors so it lends weight to December time frame for LTE roaming for Sprint may go live but exact dates... hmm...

Bands 4,5,12 and 25 are in the mix

Well yeah. Roaming partners use a plethora of other LTE bands (/2/4/5/12) that Sprint CCA compliant devices in the past year support.

Found it

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/sprint-16-30-rural-lte-roaming-partners-have-now-launched-lte-service/2015-05-20

It is late Saturday night, early Sunday morning in Overland Park.  I think that there is more work yet "to do."

34nig7n.png

AJ

• Like 4

We were given a heads up earlier that it was going to go up sometime soon™ which turns out to be tomorrow.

LTE Roaming+ has the same restrictions as regular roaming+ which means it is applicable to your whatever plan you have on Sprint. It does not count against roaming caps.

LTE Roaming is regular off network roaming but on LTE and counts against your off network roaming data allotment (100 mb / 300 mb). 

• Like 2

Thus far on the coverage tool, C Spire and Nex-Tech Wireless are LTE Roaming+ -- counted as on network data usage.  USCC and Pioneer Wireless are LTE Roaming -- counted as off network data usage subject to roaming quota.

AJ

• Like 2

Hello USCC :)

Yes, for those unfamiliar, USCC has organized itself into isolated regions where it has tried to create largely contiguous groups of coverage.  From west to east, those are the Pacific Northwest, Midwest, Southeast, and New England.  The Midwest is by far the largest of those regions.  Those pockets are the extent of the USCC footprint.

AJ

What's interesting is that there is a big chunk of USCC LTE missing. USCC covers from Bend, OR all the way down to Reno, NV (https://m.uscellular.com/uscellular/coverage/index.html) but that coverage doesn't show on Sprints map...

We're literally observing the layers updating. Hell my first screenshot literally showed no green paint on the map while a few minutes later some have appeared. 

Maps still updating so we shall be patient. It'll show up. 

What's interesting is that there is a big chunk of USCC LTE missing. USCC covers from Bend, OR all the way down to Reno, NV (https://m.uscellular.com/uscellular/coverage/index.html) but that coverage doesn't show on Sprints map...

The coverage map tool clearly is still under construction overnight.  But some LTE roaming coverage may be band limited.  For example, USCC band 5 may be included but not band 12 -- or vice versa.

AJ