Sprint Roaming+ - Coverage Map Update

clbowens

Did anyone else notice that Sprint's coverage map now looks "blocky" when you zoom in on the data tab where you can see "best" and "fair" coverage?

Lte needs a bit more work but overall seems more realistic. The voice maps look very accurate.

Rickie

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Has anyone notice also that when you zoom in on the Sprint coverage map on their site that a Roaming + comes on on the side of the map there unless I just didn't notice it til today?

It is on the Voice Side nothing changes on the Data side of the map there.

new option on sprints coverage map effective today. shows Roaming+  *

Roaming+   Roaming in these areas counts as on network usage. Similar level of service as on network, but not all services may be available

• Like 11

Has anyone notice also that when you zoom in on the Sprint coverage map on their site that a Roaming + comes on on the side of the map there unless I just didn't notice it til today?

It is on the Voice Side nothing changes on the Data side of the map there.

Look at the "3G & More" section of the data maps.

Sent from my LG G4

Did anyone else notice that Sprint's coverage map now looks "blocky" when you zoom in on the data tab where you can see "best" and "fair" coverage?

The title for the thread should mention the coverage map, too. 

And yes, they might not have replaced the ugly thing yet, but it looks like they're listening and changing something. I notice a difference in estimated coverage for Spark/LTE in areas with the same coverage. And they added the Spark coverage for new markets. 

• Like 2

The title for the thread should mention the coverage map, too. 

And yes, they might not have replaced the ugly thing yet, but it looks like they're listening and changing something. I notice a difference in estimated coverage for Spark/LTE in areas with the same coverage. And they added the Spark coverage for new markets. 

That's interesting.  I didn't name this thread "Sprint Roaming +".  Somebody must have changed it.

• Like 1

They definitely tweeked the maps. Sprint Spark is no longer accurate at all, if anything, its very random with it showing excellent coverage in areas that are very poor outdoors. Also, zooming in to street level no longer reveals a difference between Best 4G or Fair 4G. Wimax stayed the same.

Pointed this out in the North Wisconsin Premier thread... but the whole southern half of Wisconsin lost it's roaming that used to be considered "Off-network roaming." 

Pointed this out in the North Wisconsin Premier thread... but the whole southern half of Wisconsin lost it's roaming that used to be considered "Off-network roaming." 

Select 3G & More in the dropdown and it magically reappears.

ROAMING+ = PSEUDO NATIVE

FAQs about Roaming+
Last Updated: Sep 14, 2015

What is Roaming+?

Roaming service is offered as a convenience so you can gain access to networks when you are temporarily outside the nationwide Sprint network. Roaming+ is coverage on partner networks, but usage is included in your Sprint plan. While accessing service on Roaming+ partner coverage, usage will not accumulate towards the monthly roaming limits that may apply based on your plan, and will simply be pulled from your plan use. Your device will indicate that you are not on the Sprint network, but while in Roaming+ your usage will not be limited to the roaming limits in your plan.

How will use in Roaming+ locations appear on my invoice?

Roaming+ use will be included with your on-network use. Roaming+ use will not count towards your roaming limits and will simply be included with your plan use.

Is use in Roaming+ locations subject to roaming limitations?

While accessing service on a Roaming+ partner, your use will be pulled from your Sprint plan. Your roaming limits will only apply to service accessed on roaming partners, not Roaming+ partners.

Where can I view coverage details?

Coverage details and information are available on sprint.com/coverage. Roaming+ coverage will be separately identified on the map. Check coverage for the specific locations you will be accessing service.

What will display on my device when in Roaming+ coverage?

While roaming on a partner network your device will indicate that you are roaming. You will be able to distinguish any roaming that counts against your monthly roaming limits from Roaming+ by checking the coverage map on sprint.com/coverage.

Where can I learn about data roaming limits and notifications?

Sprint provides more details about data roaming, Learn more about data roaming and Know what data limits apply when roaming in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands.

Source:  http://support.sprint.com/support/article/FAQs_about_Roaming/b533bc3e-6327-4fdc-84fc-e75409c7115d#!/

• Like 2

Select 3G & More in the dropdown and it magically reappears.

They must have just changed it again within these past couple hours! Weird. 

Anyway, glad it's still there and it's a little bit better explained for the average consumer. 

What's the difference between Off-Network Roaming under Sprint 3G network and Nationwide Sprint Network. They have different color on the map.

Sprint 3G Network roaming includes EVDO, Sprint Nationwide roaming may not.  Soon it will likely be broken down only as Roaming+ and Other Roaming.

However, Roaming+ is under Nationwide Sprint Network and has EVDO roaming

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

It's going to get cleaned up soon.  Patience.