Switched to AT&T a week ago now thinking of coming back to Sprint

mike0218

How are you liking Sprint now since you now have a Triband device? should be a HUGE difference.

Loving it! We have already been through some of the hilly areas where we used to without fail drop calls in the same spots and we talk our way though them now.  Data speeds have come up as well as staying consistent.  Very happy overall! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Loving it! We have already been through some of the hilly areas where we used to without fail drop calls in the same spots and we talk our way though them now.  Data speeds have come up as well as staying consistent.  Very happy overall! 

#SprintForward #SprintAhead

• Like 1

I really dislike voice on AT&T. Half the time it's passable, but the other half it's awful. All three other providers are far superior on voice than AT&T. I'm sure eventually I will hear HD voice on AT&T. But I haven't had one call on it yet.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

I just experienced my first VoLTE call on AT&T the day before yesterday, what a huge difference in call clarity...when it worked, out of five calls three of them dropped within the first 2 minutes.  I ended up disabling VoLTE and having my calls handed back over to UMTS/HSPA.

• Like 2

I just experienced my first VoLTE call on AT&T the day before yesterday, what a huge difference in call clarity...when it worked, out of five calls three of them dropped within the first 2 minutes. I ended up disabling VoLTE and having my calls handed back over to UMTS/HSPA.

Where are you testing it at? In the Chicago market AT&T has all the kinks worked out of VoLTE and have found it to be incredibly reliable. Dropped calls on it are nonexistent, even walking indoors to places where LTE would drop, the phone continues to hang on tight while in a call.

Ever since getting VoLTE working on my Sprint iP6 (long story turned out to be an easy cheat with AT&T's system), I have taken to not even using the landline anymore because the clarity is so good, especially intra-carrier calls (HD voice).

• Like 2

Where are you testing it at? In the Chicago market AT&T has all the kinks worked out of VoLTE and have found it to be incredibly reliable. Dropped calls on it are nonexistent, even walking indoors to places where LTE would drop, the phone continues to hang on tight while in a call.

Ever since getting VoLTE working on my Sprint iP6 (long story turned out to be an easy cheat with AT&T's system), I have taken to not even using the landline anymore because the clarity is so good, especially intra-carrier calls (HD voice).

TriCities (Bristol Va) they turned on VoLTE about a week ago so some bugs may need to be ironed out here.

My sister wants to switch to AT&T simply because a.) She wants a BlackBerry Priv (eye roll). Also she has all kinds of problems with her iPhone 6 sending picture messages but I have been in the same room with her on my HTC One and I can send them just fine. It must be her phone. She uses 10-15 GB on average each month and I honestly think has NO idea what that will cost her on AT&T

• Like 1

My sister wants to switch to AT&T simply because a.) She wants a BlackBerry Priv (eye roll). Also she has all kinds of problems with her iPhone 6 sending picture messages but I have been in the same room with her on my HTC One and I can send them just fine. It must be her phone. She uses 10-15 GB on average each month and I honestly think has NO idea what that will cost her on AT&T

The 15 gigs for $100 isn't bad, and if you get a discount that helps too. The Freelancers Union discount isn't hard to get and it's 22%. If she calls retentions she can get them to bump that 15 gigs to 20 gigs for the same price, which is what I have. Our bottom line comes in at just 1 dollar more than we were paying Sprint on an EPRP plan for two lines. 

The 15 gigs for $100 isn't bad, and if you get a discount that helps too. The Freelancers Union discount isn't hard to get and it's 22%. If she calls retentions she can get them to bump that 15 gigs to 20 gigs for the same price, which is what I have. Our bottom line comes in at just 1 dollar more than we were paying Sprint on an EPRP plan for two lines.

We currently have a 7-person Framily so with unlimited everything plus insurance and a $35 lease payment her bill is $88. I priced it out at AT&T and 15 GB is $100 but there is a $40 access fee and then her payment for the phone would be about $25 ... The bill was close to $140!

We currently have a 7-person Framily so with unlimited everything plus insurance and a $35 lease payment her bill is $88. I priced it out at AT&T and 15 GB is $100 but there is a $40 access fee and then her payment for the phone would be about $25 ... The bill was close to $140!

It would be a $15 access fee + device payment. You only pay $40 if you sign a 2 year contract.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

If she got just the 15 gigs (or 20 via Retentions), 1 line and signed up for freelancers Union for the 22% discount it would be $93 before adding in any extras like insurance or device payments. If she wants she could have her iPhone 6 unlocked and bring it over to save some money.

It sounds like she needs to re evaluate her reasons for wanting to leave. Those issues can be fixed with: Not wanting a Blackberry anymore, and figuring out what the MMS issue is or just getting a new phone. If service is great moving would make little sense to me.

TriCities (Bristol Va) they turned on VoLTE about a week ago so some bugs may need to be ironed out here.

I would note that enabling VoLTE over there is an absolute must since like in much of the Carolinas, the only low band coverage available from AT&T in those regions consists of LTE-only.

Is it better than call reliability and quality on AT&T UMTS/HSPA? When I was on AT&T I had tons of dropped calls on that network when up near Chicago.

Is it better than call reliability and quality on AT&T UMTS/HSPA? When I was on AT&T I had tons of dropped calls on that network when up near Chicago.

Where and when did you have dropped calls? I never experience them, not even 4 years ago. Dropped calls were somewhat common on VoLTE over the summer but since about August it has been very reliable. Roughly the same as UMTS for me.

I've experienced more dropped calls from Verizon customers in the area in the last 4 years than I have with Sprint or AT&T.

• Like 1

Where and when did you have dropped calls? I never experience them, not even 4 years ago. Dropped calls were somewhat common on VoLTE over the summer but since about August it has been very reliable. Roughly the same as UMTS for me.

Loop, River North, Oak Lawn. None of those places were great.

Loop, River North, Oak Lawn. None of those places were great.

Hmm. I don't frequent those places so I can't compare. May have been a thing that was going on when you were here, when was that? I'm near the Loop all the time but rarely in it.

I'd switch to cricket before at&t. Same network at less than half the cost. Don't know why anyone pays for. At&t service.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'd pay a little extra for access to roaming and VoLTE.

Same here. I specifically wanted postpaid so I could have roaming and VoLTE. With my discount and 20 gig $100 plan from retentions I think it's worth it. 

• Like 2

We don't have VoLTE here on AT&T. But the roaming and no throttling at 8Mbps always made it worth the extra to me. I roam a lot when in Nebraska, where Viaero provides excellent coverage and high speeds. Although if Cricket ever roamed on Viaero, I might consider the change.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

So after four months using AT&T I am back with Sprint and couldn't be more happier.  AT&T's voice quality needs a lot of work here, VoLTE either worked or dropped every few calls.  I finally ended up disabling VoLTE in favor of UMTS/HSPA which worked but punished my ears (crackling, popping, and a loud squeak) depending on what side of town I was on.  On the data side AT&T's LTE worked but wasn't nothing to write home about, at least once a week I would get a message when trying to use the web browser stating "that a data connection couldn't be established."  

So this past Wednesday I went into one of the Sprint stores here and got signed up for iPhone Forever, ported my number back to Sprint, traded in a working smartphone, and walked out with a iPhone 6S.  The best part is I am only paying half of what I paid on AT&T ($25/5GB) which you can't beat in my opinion.  Only gripe I had was when I was in the store, it was BUSY!  Everyone there was switching over from Verizon or AT&T and had nothing but happy faces once the reps showed them what they would pay once they switched.  

Things are looking up for Sprint!

• Like 8