iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

I want you guys to let me know if I am being crazy. I noticed a little darker spot on my new Plus. Think I should take it to an Apple Store for an exchange? I only noticed it because it is right where a new message appears in the Messaging app.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443472894.652705.jpg

Edit: Think it is even worth the hassle? What would you guys do? Do you even see it? haha

Edit #2: Certainly something I can deal with for now. They probably wouldn't have any of my exact model in for an exchange anyway. I'll probably wait a couple weeks and deal with it whenever I am around the mall for something else.

There's absolutely nothing picky about replacing the phone for the said problem, or anything less then perfect. For the price we pay we have a right to be picky and demand nothing less than perfect in every way. The backlighting issue is a common one. I went through 5 6's last year until I got one without dark spots or dead pixels. That's one of the reasons I'm clinging to my 6 until I have good reason to upgrade.

What do I need to mail back for iPhone Forever? Just the phone? Or the entire contents of the box (phone, cable, charger, ear buds)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do I need to mail back for iPhone Forever? Just the phone? Or the entire contents of the box (phone, cable, charger, ear buds)?

Just the device. Make sure it's erased and signed out of iCloud or they'll charge you for it.

My 6 Plus seems to be holding up pretty well compared to you guys' 6S Plus's:

vqL1Vh3.jpg

-Anthony

Are you on the 9.1 beta?

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

I still have not even received the return kit yet. Got an email on Friday it was shipped and then got another email this morning that another one had been shipped. [emoji15]

I have an additional question for the return kits...  I know most of you were on the iPhone lease prior to the 6S.

Mine is a little different.  I have to send an old smartphone for the promo pricing on the iPhone Forever leasing - but I also have to send back my Easypay device since I used the annual upgrade (unlimited data add on for my Framily plan line).

Do I have to send back everything with that phone?  All the cords, etc?  Or just the phone for that too?  Should I put it all in the one padded envelope RMA kit they sent me?  Unsure on if that is a good idea as I don't want either of the phones to get damaged from knocking into each other during transit.

I have an additional question for the return kits...  I know most of you were on the iPhone lease prior to the 6S.

Mine is a little different.  I have to send an old smartphone for the promo pricing on the iPhone Forever leasing - but I also have to send back my Easypay device since I used the annual upgrade (unlimited data add on for my Framily plan line).

Do I have to send back everything with that phone?  All the cords, etc?  Or just the phone for that too?  Should I put it all in the one padded envelope RMA kit they sent me?  Unsure on if that is a good idea as I don't want either of the phones to get damaged from knocking into each other during transit.

I am confused also as I too have to send back two phones.  One old smartphone for iPhone forever discount and my iPhone 6 that was on an old lease.  I got an email on Friday saying a kit had been sent, not received yet.  I just got another email this morning that another kit was sent.  So I am not sure if they are sending me one kit for each phone, or if the second email I received is tied to the first kit.  And if I get two kits, is each kit tied to a specific phone, and will that be indicated on the envelope. 

A lot of money is tied up in getting these returns right, and I must say I don't have a lot of confidence in this system at the moment. I really wish I could just walk into a corp store and hand them my phones,  it would make me feel a lot better. 

One last thing, to those of you who do have the kits, did they just come in the regular mail or did UPS deliver them?

Just the devices go back. Nothing else is needed. No cords. No headphones. Nothing. Just the device.

As for the two phone send in I haven't come across that yet so I would call or chat to care and find out what they want you to do. If you would rather I'd try turning them in to a Corp store. I know a few of you haven't had any luck with it but I don't see why they won't take them back. Maybe so they aren't responsible if something gets messed up but it's as simple as ringing through the system for iPhone forever and then putting the phone in a special drawer or box so they don't get mixed up.

Is the label on the envelope or separate? I can't remember. If it's a separate label it doesn't matter what it's on. Put your phone in the envelope for protection and then throw them in a box with some padding. Label on the outside and bang bang. Done.

If it's attached to the envelope just pad it as good as you can if you're worried. Asurion uses the same envelopes for device returns and they don't have issues but in this case I understand wanting to protect your device to make sure you don't get charged back.