iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

How do you check lte band with carrier aggregation?

No way to check. just run a speed test and if it's over 80mbps then you kind of know it's CA.

With my iPhone 6 my speeds on band 41 (2.5 aka spark) was 50-60mbps now with my iPhone 6s Plus I average around 70-90 Mbps

My highest was 101mbps!!

No way to check. just run a speed test and if it's over 80mbps then you kind of know it's CA.

With my iPhone 6 my speeds on band 41 (2.5 aka spark) was 50-60mbps now with my iPhone 6s Plus I average around 70-90 Mbps

My highest was 101mbps!!

Carrier aggregation does not mean greater than 80 Mb per second. You can be on carrier aggregation and be less than 80 Mb per second. All you need to know is if your connected tower has two band 41 carriers. If it does, you will be aggregating carriers

Sent from my iPhone 6s

Carrier aggregation does not mean greater than 80 Mb per second. You can be on carrier aggregation and be less than 80 Mb per second. All you need to know is if your connected tower has two band 41 carriers. If it does, you will be aggregating carriers

Sent from my iPhone 6s

I know that but the easiest way to tell on an iPhone 6s/6s plus is the speed since field test mode isn't working correctly.

Seen comments about the adhesive for the screen needing to burn in or dry or some bs from he previous gen phones. Maybe it just hasn't set in? Either way I'd be going the route you are and getting it swapped.

The guy at Apple told me I was being picky about my camera shifting ever so slightly but they swapped it anyways. The camera was showing maybe a millimeter of white but it was enough for me to be OCD about it. Lol.

Seen comments about the adhesive for the screen needing to burn in or dry or some bs from he previous gen phones. Maybe it just hasn't set in? Either way I'd be going the route you are and getting it swapped.

The guy at Apple told me I was being picky about my camera shifting ever so slightly but they swapped it anyways. The camera was showing maybe a millimeter of white but it was enough for me to be OCD about it. Lol.

Well, the guy at Apple can go F himself if he thinks you're being picky. You paid good money for your phone, so you should get a good phone that has zero defects on it.
  • Like 2

Well, the guy at Apple can go F himself if he thinks you're being picky. You paid good money for your phone, so you should get a good phone that has zero defects on it.

No matter what the rep personally thought Apple policy has them replace it which he did. I was a little miffed he said something instead of keeping it to himself but at the end of the day I walked out with what I wanted/needed to happen and all is well. The world can keep on keeping on.

No matter what the rep personally thought Apple policy has them replace it which he did. I was a little miffed he said something instead of keeping it to himself but at the end of the day I walked out with what I wanted/needed to happen and all is well. The world can keep on keeping on.

Oh that would've pissed me off. I would've asked to speak with the manager. It's not the fact that its barely showing, its the fact that it is happening and WILL get worse and worse over time.  I hope this issue has been corrected with the 6s.

• Like 1

Oh that would've pissed me off. I would've asked to speak with the manager. It's not the fact that its barely showing, its the fact that it is happening and WILL get worse and worse over time. I hope this issue has been corrected with the 6s.

Meh. It was an older gentlemen. I blamed it on him being a grumpy old man and got on with my day. No point in making it a big scene when nothing is really going to come of it.
  • Like 1

wow. I hope that is available through November.

It says minimum for any smartphone but then in the fine print says not all phones are applicable.

So I'm not sure the $20 LG Walmart special will work. Maybe a Best Buy rep on here can clarify.

However if you are that close (November) Sprint may let you buy into a new contract for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question for those of you on legacy plans and iPhone forever. I have a ED1500 plan with 5 lines. The contract will be up in November on 3 lines at which point I believe they will be eligible for 2 yr contact upgrades. A different line is only about a year into the contract but is eligible for iPhone forever. If I update that line to iPhone forever will it affect the 2yr contract upgrade eligibility of the other 3 lines? I assume the answer is no but was curious if anyone has some expertise in this.

Question for those of you on legacy plans and iPhone forever. I have a ED1500 plan with 5 lines. The contract will be up in November on 3 lines at which point I believe they will be eligible for 2 yr contact upgrades. A different line is only about a year into the contract but is eligible for iPhone forever. If I update that line to iPhone forever will it affect the 2yr contract upgrade eligibility of the other 3 lines? I assume the answer is no but was curious if anyone has some expertise in this.

No it won't.  I have 3 lines on my ED with 2 under contract and 1 on lease.

• Like 1

Apparently, the baseband inside my new phone got toasted (according to Apple support). I was at home last night when my phone went to "No Service." I tried to restore on several different computers, and it won't finish installing without an error. Looks like I have to swap out my phone on Saturday. :/

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Does anyone else have a really high bill after upgrading on the iPhone for Life plan? Sprint.com says that I owe upwards of $1000. I Contacted Sprint chat and they said that I'm being charged an 'accelerating fee' to upgrade early. I thought the whole point of the iPhone for Life Plan is to upgrade whenever there is a new iPhone available...

Does anyone else have a really high bill after upgrading on the iPhone for Life plan? Sprint.com says that I owe upwards of $1000. I Contacted Sprint chat and they said that I'm being charged an 'accelerating fee' to upgrade early. I thought the whole point of the iPhone for Life Plan is to upgrade whenever there is a new iPhone available...

Most of us do. Mine went from normal, to $600, to $1024 in a few days for 1 line/iPhone 6+. It's collateral for the device you have that you need to return.

Most of us do. Mine went from normal, to $600, to $1024 in a few days for 1 line/iPhone 6+. It's collateral for the device you have that you need to return.

My bill is due 10/3. They're not going to get the iPhone 6 back in time for the charges to reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, the baseband inside my new phone got toasted (according to Apple support). I was at home last night when my phone went to "No Service." I tried to restore on several different computers, and it won't finish installing without an error. Looks like I have to swap out my phone on Saturday. :/

Had this happen when I activated a phone for a customer yesterday. Going through iCloud restore and wouldn't complete. Would flicker to the home screen and show no service or searching and then flick back. Had to swap it for him on the spot.