iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Just called them and they said I can't bring it to the store blah blah blah. Im going to take it to USPS and pay for tracking. I am not sending 2100 dollars in phones back without tracking in case they get lost.

I have not even received the official return kit yet.  I got an email on Sat stating it had been sent out. 

While I am glad that Sprint is reacting faster to the competition with rolling out new plans and promos, the problem is when you move so fast you can't do proper system testing and staff training.  It does not make for the best customer experience.

• Like 1

I have not even received the official return kit yet.  I got an email on Sat stating it had been sent out. 

While I am glad that Sprint is reacting faster to the competition with rolling out new plans and promos, the problem is when you move so fast you can't do proper system testing and staff training.  It does not make for the best customer experience.

I would';ve MUCH preferred to take it to the sprint store. But like I said. I will pay for tracking so if anything happens its not on me. 

• Like 1

I would';ve MUCH preferred to take it to the sprint store. But like I said. I will pay for tracking so if anything happens its not on me. 

Did you get the official return label from Sprint or did they just give you an address to send it to?

I'm curious what buying option (lease, EasyPay, full price, subsidized, Apple Trade in Program, etc.) is everyone using to get their phone and what protection plan/warranty, if any, is everyone using?

I was attempting to create a poll and can't quite figure out how to add one or I may not have the right permissions being I'm not a sponsor.

Edited by AppleFanBoy

I was told that AppleCare didn't count for proper insurance on a lease, and that if I had AppleCare and got a replacement, my lease would come due in full. Anyone with Sprint care to clarify? I much prefer to have AppleCare over the very expensive TEP.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

I was told that AppleCare didn't count for proper insurance on a lease, and that if I had AppleCare and got a replacement, my lease would come due in full. Anyone with Sprint care to clarify? I much prefer to have AppleCare over the very expensive TEP.

Welp, guess I'm never getting a lease if that is the case.

-Anthony

I can't provide any documentation proving this, but my wife's phone is on lease and had a problem with the speaker.  I called the Sprint store and asked what I should do since it's a lease, and they told me just take to Apple store.  I asked what would happen if it required a replacement and they said it doesn't matter as long as you turn in the same model at end of lease.  They don't necessarily care about the serial#.

• Like 1

I can't provide any documentation proving this, but my wife's phone is on lease and had a problem with the speaker. I called the Sprint store and asked what I should do since it's a lease, and they told me just take to Apple store. I asked what would happen if it required a replacement and they said it doesn't matter as long as you turn in the same model at end of lease. They don't necessarily care about the serial#.

I will call Customer Care in the next couple days to get my Framily Plan switched over to my new line, and when I do, I'll ask them about the insurance thing. I have a guy in retentions that knows more than most. He even got my friends iPhone 5S unlocked the first time without issue. I'll update when I know the answer.

• Like 1

it does not have to be the exact phone, just the same type (regular or plus, storage size) you got some bad information.  when i picked up my plus on lease the guy working the counter said i dont want apple care as the deductible is $300, i just about died laughing, i asked what the sprint insurance deductible is he said it  depends $200-$400... :lol:   this is an area sprint needs improvement on, do your own research do not depend on the store reps, also twiter normally has the correct answers.  apple care is the way to go (unless you have it stolen or lose the device then you are not covered)  keep in mind for a one year lease or less  you can get a refund for unused apple care. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202704

• Like 1

it does not have to be the exact phone, just the same type (regular or plus, storage size) you got some bad information. when i picked up my plus on lease the guy working the counter said i dont want apple care as the deductible is $300, i just about died laughing, i asked what the sprint insurance deductible is he said it depends $200-$400... :lol: this is an area sprint needs improvement on, do your own research do not depend on the store reps, also twiter normally has the correct answers. apple care is the way to go (unless you have it stolen or lose the device then you are not covered) keep in mind for a one year lease or less you can get a refund for unused apple care. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202704

I thought so. This is my first time leasing. It's unfortunate that store reps can be misinformed about the simplest things.

• Like 1

Not true at all.  All you have to return is the same model/capacity that is on the lease.  On my lease the ESN is not even on the paperwork, just the model and capacity.  Sounds like a rep trying to get a TEP commission. 

• Like 1

Not true at all. All you have to return is the same model/capacity that is on the lease. On my lease the ESN is not even on the paperwork, just the model and capacity. Sounds like a rep trying to get a TEP commission.

No rep ever asks me if I want to add it, they just do, and then I go back and take it off. But I was waiting for confirmation first. Thanks all of you.

• Like 1

I thought so. This is my first time leasing. It's unfortunate that store reps can be misinformed about the simplest things.

yeah better training in critical, but easier said than done, have you looked into apples leasing program? if not it might be worth a read into. http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/09/10/if-you-buy-applecare-apples-new-iphone-upgrade-program-is-a-great-deal

apple store employees are usually (not always) more knowledgeable than carrier stores, of course if your gettig a special deal from sprint that might not work for you.

yeah better training in critical, but easier said than done, have you looked into apples leasing program? if not it might be worth a read into. http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/09/10/if-you-buy-applecare-apples-new-iphone-upgrade-program-is-a-great-deal

apple store employees are usually (not always) more knowledgeable than carrier stores, of course if your gettig a special deal from sprint that might not work for you.

After reading the requirements, I wouldn't qualify. My credit is horrible, and I don't even have a credit card anymore. Plus I got my 6S Plus 128GB on lease for $28.53/mo, far cheaper than Apple's program.

• Like 1

No rep ever asks me if I want to add it, they just do, and then I go back and take it off. But I was waiting for confirmation first. Thanks all of you.

don't you just love that, add things to your bill just to see if you will miss it and pay it for years.... customer service at its finest, if that happens report it to @Marcicarris  on twitter, or Marci@sprint.com   it's a serious problem that could be considered fraud, and detracts from sprint's image. 

Here is my internal #iPhoneProblems dilemma, I am on a ED plan and qualify for iPhone Forever on two of my lines.

I can roll into a Sprint Store or Best Buy and if available walk out with a couple of 64 GB iPhone 6S Pluses for nothing out of pocket and after loyalty discount and phone turn in would only cost an extra $30 a month.

If I take advantage of the iPhone Forever option of trading the phone in next September for the latest iPhone, then I wondering if I should bother with a warranty.  The phone will still be under Apple warranty by then.  And other then theft or water damage (which I've seen a YouTube video of iPhones being submerged for over an hour and still being functional), the only other damage that can really occur is a broken screen and those I believe cost only $125(?) to replace.

Given those circumstances I'm wondering if its cost effective to invest in a protection plan.

Here is my internal #iPhoneProblems dilemma, I am on a ED plan and qualify for iPhone Forever on two of my lines.

I can roll into a Sprint Store or Best Buy and if available walk out with a couple of 64 GB iPhone 6S Pluses for nothing out of pocket and after loyalty discount and phone turn in would only cost an extra $30 a month.

If I take advantage of the iPhone Forever option of trading the phone in next September for the latest iPhone, then I wondering if I should bother with a warranty. The phone will still be under Apple warranty by then. And other then theft or water damage (which I've seen a YouTube video of iPhones being submerged for over an hour and still being functional), the only other damage that can really occur is a broken screen and those I believe cost only $125(?) to replace.

Given those circumstances I'm wondering if its cost effective to invest in a protection plan.

The fact that Apple refunds the unused portion of AppleCare, then I say yes, it's worth investing in.

• Like 1

AppleCare replacements are a valid turn in phone. Don't listen to the idiots out to get bigger paychecks. I take care of my customers and they take care of me. As long as it is the same model you're good as you guys stated. And yes. Report whoever does add TEP without permission. It's fraud and they can lose their jobs over it.

Also. For those of you who have to send your phone back in, you do realize their is a tracking number on the label. Write that down and you have tracking. No need to pay for it. Keep track of it and screenshot it when it says delivered. Then sprint can't charge you for it. No need to go above and beyond on it when they already include tracking.

• Like 5

The fact that Apple refunds the unused portion of AppleCare, then I say yes, it's worth investing in.

I did find out that Best Buy offers AppleCare + for $7.99 a month.  Something to consider instead of putting up $130 up front for what would essentially be for a year if I trade the phone in next year.

If I take advantage of the iPhone Forever option of trading the phone in next September for the latest iPhone, then I wondering if I should bother with a warranty. The phone will still be under Apple warranty by then. And other then theft or water damage (which I've seen a YouTube video of iPhones being submerged for over an hour and still being functional), the only other damage that can really occur is a broken screen and those I believe cost only $125(?) to replace.

those videos on YouTube don't show 24-48 hours after the phone was submerged, it's not the water that killed it normally it's the corrosion, plus $600 plus $ is a lot to be out if something unexpected happens, it's a risk some people are comfortable with it, others not so much. I carry apple care and have used it several times over the years, so it works well for me.... It's a personal choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you don't pay any tax upfront then yes you would pay tax on any payoff.

I figured I would, but just wasn't sure.