iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Yeah to be honest, if/when I get my 6S Plus, as long as it lasts as long as my 6 Plus does on iOS 9, then I'll be happy. Couldn't be more satisfied with my battery life. I unplug when I wake up, use it as much as I want, and plug back in when I go to sleep. Never have to worry about battery unless I'm going multiple days without plugging in. That's how smartphone battery life should be, IMO.

-Anthony

• Like 4

For those still interested in the chip / battery debate apparently Apple has responded to the complaints:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/08/apple-says-battery-performance-of-new-iphones-a9-chips-vary-only-2-3/

In my opinion this is much ado about nothing; like I said earlier, I have the 6s with a Samsung chip and I'm getting more than a day's life out of it, that's what I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

For those still interested in the chip / battery debate apparently Apple has responded to the complaints:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/08/apple-says-battery-performance-of-new-iphones-a9-chips-vary-only-2-3/

In my opinion this is much ado about nothing; like I said earlier, I have the 6s with a Samsung chip and I'm getting more than a day's life out of it, that's what I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the phones are performing within published specs, it's not an issue and nobody is getting ripped off.  Samsung has done this with Galaxy phones before, not a huge issue.  First world problems.

• Like 1

Apple released SIM free iPhones last night. I'm in the Apple store right now and they're trying to activate the unlocked 6So just bought over the phone, but the IMEIs apparently are not yet whitelisted.

Is there a way to get Sprint to manually add one to their whitelist?

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

Apple released SIM free iPhones last night. I'm in the Apple store right now and they're trying to activate the unlocked 6So just bought over the phone, but the IMEIs apparently are not yet whitelisted.

What is the problem you're running into?

I remember when my family and I went and got our SIM free 6's that they tried to use our sim cards from our 5s's and we kept getting an unable to activate message. We had to go to the Sprint store to get new SIM cards for the SIM free versions for whatever reason.

-Anthony

I believe you need to call sprint and have them put in a "click it ticket" (I think that's what it's called). It basically is a ticket for adding an IMEI to their database.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

• Like 2

So.... After all this talk of battery life and what not got me thinking I missed my plus. I hadn't shipped my old one back to sprint yet and hope that me ordering an rma already doesn't royally screw my account.

Feels good to be back to the bigger screen actually. Must have just had an " I hate this phone" kinda day. Lol.

Just for shits and giggles I checked and I have the better of the two chips in my phone. Could be why I got such good battery life right out of the box on it. [emoji106]

• Like 1

I purchased my wife an iPhone 6s plus for her birthday. She's coming from the 5s. Her icloud haven't backed up her phone since March 2014. Can I just sync her 5s to our PC using iTunes then restore it on the 6s plus?

Sent from my Nexus 6

I purchased my wife an iPhone 6s plus for her birthday. She's coming from the 5s. Her icloud haven't backed up her phone since March 2014. Can I just sync her 5s to our PC using iTunes then restore it on the 6s plus?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Assuming both are on the same iOS, yes. Update her phone, if not yet already do e. Backup. Restore to new phone

Sent from my iPhone 6s using moderately better tapatalk

• Like 1

Assuming both are on the same iOS, yes. Update her phone, if not yet already do e. Backup. Restore to new phone

When I back up the old device will it back all the messages, contacts, emails, etc. I'm not very Apple tech savvy.

Sent from my Nexus 6

When I back up the old device will it back all the messages, contacts, emails, etc. I'm not very Apple tech savvy.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yes. It's an exact copy of the phone. Down to the messages and photos and songs and safari cache.

Make sure to update it. Then restore her new phone to the backup. Voila

• Like 1

Yes. It's an exact copy of the phone. Down to the messages and photos and songs and safari cache.

Make sure to update it. Then restore her new phone to the update. Voila

Thanks a billion. She loves her new device. I got her the rose gold color. She was freaking out when I couldn't restore her data.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

Worked flawlessly. Thanks again.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 2

I do apologize if this has been answered as I tried searching the topic thread for it before asking. But I got the iPhone 6s and 6s plus on my others lines and now. No more HD voice calls to those devices! Is this a known and rectifiable  issue as I read elsewhere that after ios 8.3 with WiFi calling enabled this became a thing with the phone for some Sprint users!

I do apologize if this has been answered as I tried searching the topic thread for it before asking. But I got the iPhone 6s and 6s plus on my others lines and now. No more HD voice calls to those devices! Is this a known and rectifiable  issue as I read elsewhere that after ios 8.3 with WiFi calling enabled this became a thing with the phone for some Sprint users!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7164-iphone-6s6s-plus-user-thread/page-8&do=findComment&comment=447353

• Like 1

If you have WiFi calling enabled or have had it enabled before, you will have to go to Settings>Phone>Wi-Fi Calling>Update Emergency Address, and then when the page loads up you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see a check-box that you can check that says something along the lines of "remove WiFi calling from the device" and you need to check that check-box. Then you should be able to finish the process, turn off WiFi calling in the settings, and your HD Voice should be back.

-Anthony

If you have WiFi calling enabled or have had it enabled before, you will have to go to Settings>Phone>Wi-Fi Calling>Update Emergency Address, and then when the page loads up you have to scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see a check-box that you can check that says something along the lines of "remove WiFi calling from the device" and you need to check that check-box. Then you should be able to finish the process, turn off WiFi calling in the settings, and your HD Voice should be back.

-Anthony

I got it sent the post via hangouts to fix on there end at work. Too bad the bug exist.

On a side note. I took the phone off charge last at about 12am 100% charged. My partner went to work. 6 tonight after using it normally as would the previous LG G3 had 46% left still... I'm impressed kinda jelly! Normally would charge at about 12pm at work after leaving at 6am in the morning there normal usage pattern.

By the way folks, the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.0-9.0.2 has been released, and it supports iPhone 6s and 6s Plus. If I didn't like iOS 9.1 as much as I do then I would downgrade and jailbreak. :(

-Anthony

I'm not going to jailbreak. I like my phone just the way it is.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So I signed up for iPhone forever about a week and a half ago. Ordered the iPhone 6S Plus. They originally said is wouldn't ship until 10/19-10-22. However on Saturday morning I got the email saying it had shipped. UPS tracking says it will arrive today however it still says origin scan in Louisville at their hub. Email UPS and they can't give me a date (despite it still saying I'll get it today) of when it will be at my door until it gets a departure scan from Louisville. Seems very odd. Plus it says in transit to UPS despite giving me an origin scan date. This happen to anyone else?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445268485.136930.jpg

Hi everyone,

I love this forum for radio and signal discussions. I especially appreciate the info found in this thread. I'm on the cusp of deciding between Moto X, Nexus 6P and the iPhone 6s.

What other forums do you all like for iPhone discussions, perhaps similar to xda-developers.com? I've checked out forums.macrumors, ilounge, iphoneforums.net and imore. But I haven't found much in the way of in-depth technical discussion. Where do you go went you want to dive in to internals, services, hardware, etc?

I appreciate your time and your suggestions!

Have a great day,

John Sage

• Like 1

So I signed up for iPhone forever about a week and a half ago. Ordered the iPhone 6S Plus. They originally said is wouldn't ship until 10/19-10-22. However on Saturday morning I got the email saying it had shipped. UPS tracking says it will arrive today however it still says origin scan in Louisville at their hub. Email UPS and they can't give me a date (despite it still saying I'll get it today) of when it will be at my door until it gets a departure scan from Louisville. Seems very odd. Plus it says in transit to UPS despite giving me an origin scan date. This happen to anyone else?

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445268485.136930.jpg

I've had packages that have been delivered and it still says it's coming from California or wherever. Don't think too much into it. Out of the millions of packages that are moving around there's bound to be some that slip through the cracks and don't update how they should. You've waited this long. Another potential day won't hurt.

Hi everyone,

I love this forum for radio and signal discussions. I especially appreciate the info found in this thread. I'm on the cusp of deciding between Moto X, Nexus 6P and the iPhone 6s.

What other forums do you all like for iPhone discussions, perhaps similar to xda-developers.com? I've checked out forums.macrumors, ilounge, iphoneforums.net and imore. But I haven't found much in the way of in-depth technical discussion. Where do you go went you want to dive in to internals, services, hardware, etc?

I appreciate your time and your suggestions!

Have a great day,

John Sage

I think the respective subreddits for these phones are pretty informative.

for the 6s I would try https://www.reddit.com/r/apple or https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone

For the Motox https://www.reddit.com/r/motox or https://www.reddit.com/r/android

For the 6P https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6p or https://www.reddit.com/r/android

I find them to be decent areas to get battery impressions and or see complaints or common questions that come up. My wife went with a 6s and I am going with a 6P. The comparison between the two (6s and 6P) is easier since they don't have real differentiation like the Moto X does with Moto Maker/SD Storage. Although there is still quite a price difference between the 6s and 6P..