iPhone 6S/6S Plus User Thread

MacinJosh

Kinda considering returning my + for the regular 6S. I like the bigger screen and battery but the weight and size is kinda unwieldy in normal day to day to use. Might just return this and add on an iPad mini to my account for the media aspect that I'd actually use it for.

• Like 1

Has anyone recently ordered an iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been trying to get a 64GB Space Gray 6S Plus (1687 CDMA unlocked) at any one of the Apple Stores here in the SF Bay Area for the last three days. The 6S Plus has been pretty much selling out (accept for an occasional 16GB model) before I could get one. As of today 10/2 walking in and getting one is a long shot except maybe when the store opens.  I am not one to wait in line or wait outside for a store to open, so I do not know if that would increase your odds of getting one. I got mine by Reserving one at a specific store for pick up. For the last three days every time I went online and tried to reserve one none of the half dozen stores in my general area had one. The Apple Store said the best chance was to make the reservation at 8AM as they give you two hours to go in and pick it up and the stores open at 10AM. I noticed that the Emeryville store seemed to suddenly have new inventory after 5PM the last couple of days so today when l checked right around 5PM I actually got one. None of the other stores had any left to reserve. I think Fridays may be a good day to try and reserve one as a couple of the stores told me they were restocked on Friday so they would have inventory over the weekend. So it sounds like they may release inventory in waves, but that is pure speculation.

I have been trying to get a 64GB Space Gray 6S Plus (1687 CDMA unlocked) at any one of the Apple Stores here in the SF Bay Area for the last three days. The 6S Plus has been pretty much selling out (accept for an occasional 16GB model) before I could get one. As of today 10/2 walking in and getting one is a long shot except maybe when the store opens. I am not one to wait in line or wait outside for a store to open, so I do not know if that would increase your odds of getting one. I got mine by Reserving one at a specific store for pick up. For the last three days every time I went online and tried to reserve one none of the half dozen stores in my general area had one. The Apple Store said the best chance was to make the reservation at 8AM as they give you two hours to go in and pick it up and the stores open at 10AM. I noticed that the Emeryville store seemed to suddenly have new inventory after 5PM the last couple of days so today when l checked right around 5PM I actually got one. None of the other stores had any left to reserve. I think Fridays may be a good day to try and reserve one as a couple of the stores told me they were restocked on Friday so they would have inventory over the weekend. So it sounds like they may release inventory in waves, but that is pure speculation.

I want the Rose gold 128 GB 6 Plus

Er mer gerd. Having so many issues with this 6s Plus. Waiting another 30 minutes for my Sprint store up the street to open. Got it yesterday, activated it, worked fine on LTE when I went out last night - no, worked great, actually! Got into the office this morning and only showing 1X (all my other Sprint phones show LTE/3G in about an 80%/20% split here, respectively). Got on Chat with Sprint and they tried to reset and reactivate, and so on and so forth. Apparently, it activated incorrectly. But now I see you guys posting about a bad carrier bundle. I'm feeling down on the 6s at this point.....hoping the Sprint store can help me get it straight here in a few minutes!

This has been happening to me on my work phone (AT&T iPhone 6S Plus). So frustrating.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/01/att-iphone-users-unable-to-download-apps/

I'm having the same issue on ATT LTE. Noticed it about a week or two ago. I think it started with the new iPhone 6S Plus, but not certain. It's very annoying - took about 2 hours for Facebook (90 MB) to download over the ATT LTE network while I was able to do a SpeedTest and received over 40 Mbps down.

It appears to be an issue with the CDN that the phone is connecting to when on LTE. Apple uses Akamai and Level 3 for App Store distributions, and I'm guessing the CDN that's chosen when connected to LTE is different than the one when connected to my home WiFi (Time Warner using the Google DNS server).

This has been happening to me on my work phone (AT&T iPhone 6S Plus). So frustrating.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/01/att-iphone-users-unable-to-download-apps/

Alcatel-Lucent? They're the vendor for AT&T in this region. AT&T uses Ericsson in California. No problems there. I'm not saying this is a vendor problem, but it sure seems like one.

Well. Swapped to a 6S. Super weird being on the smaller phone again but I couldn't take the size/weight. Had my credit class upgraded to so I'll get back my $400. Woot! Ended up with a gold 128 since our company has zero 64gb's in any colors right now.

Well. Swapped to a 6S. Super weird being on the smaller phone again but I couldn't take the size/weight. Had my credit class upgraded to so I'll get back my $400. Woot! Ended up with a gold 128 since our company has zero 64gb's in any colors right now.

Lucky. I've owned my 6s for 7 days, and have only used it for 2. It died on Sunday, and I've been unable to get a swap at Apple because they're out of stock--which kills my theory of separate replacement inventory. We have 9 Apple stores in the Chicagoland area, so I have a busy weekend ahead.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

That sucks. Sorry to hear you've been having a rough time. Hopefully one of the stores will be able to help you out.

Debating on an iPad on my account for my media use and making my life more mobile for work. Don't know whether to wait for the new iPad Air or just get the mini now.

Anyone else have their phone lag and stutter around for the first little bit when they opened it? It's like it can't keep up to what I wanna do. But I'm not doing anything really strenuous on it.

Let it load for the rest of the day, then charge it up, and give it a power+home reset. It eventually clears up. iOS 9 is just laggy in general, and ruined my iPhone 6+. I installed the public beta of 9.1 today, and 95% of the lag is gone.

Let it load for the rest of the day, then charge it up, and give it a power+home reset. It eventually clears up. iOS 9 is just laggy in general, and ruined my iPhone 6+. I installed the public beta of 9.1 today, and 95% of the lag is gone.

I thought I saw you guys say this on launch day. My 6S+ was fine right out of the box. I'll just let it be and see how it goes.

Alcatel-Lucent? They're the vendor for AT&T in this region. AT&T uses Ericsson in California. No problems there. I'm not saying this is a vendor problem, but it sure seems like one.

I believe AT&T is using Ericsson in this area, and yet I've been having these problems for the last month.

After that Macrumors article went viral, music streaming has been working, but app downloads are still slow.

My wife's 6S is arriving tomorrow. I plan to steal it and run a Speedtest or two on the big B41 tower near our house just to see what CA looks like here in Austin. I'm dying waiting for my 6P (which supports b41 CA) to arrive at the end of this month.

• Like 1

Beyond pissed. Our phones have been received back by sprint but the amounts have not been credited to our account and the bill is due soon. Sprint chat says we are expected to pay the account a balance. Which is currently 2300 damn dollars.

They're out of their damn minds. The phone was received back on the 2nd. I have no intention paying that and receiving an "account credit" when the phones returns are entered into the system. Nor do I plan on paying late fees.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using moderately better tapatalk

• Like 3

Beyond pissed. Our phones have been received back by sprint but the amounts have not been credited to our account and the bill is due soon. Sprint chat says we are expected to pay the account a balance. Which is currently 2300 damn dollars.

They're out of their damn minds. The phone was received back on the 2nd. I have no intention paying that and receiving an "account credit" when the phones returns are entered into the system. Nor do I plan on paying late fees.

I returned my phones to a sprint store on Saturday sept 26th. This Saturday I still hadn't received credit for them. I sent a tweet to sprintcare and marceloclaure and it was taken care of about a hour later. Apparently the store just scanned them and never did anything with them. I would definitely send them a tweet. Seem to get results fast. 

I was skeptical of this process from the beginning and this was what I was afraid of. No way you should be expected to pay that only to get a bill credit later. That would basically be like them requiring you to prepay a years worth of service. Just a poorly thought out process. My phones were signed for on the first and I still have not heard anything and I have a bill due on the 12th. Time to start tweeting.

I was skeptical of this process from the beginning and this was what I was afraid of. No way you should be expected to pay that only to get a bill credit later. That would basically be like them requiring you to prepay a years worth of service. Just a poorly thought out process. My phones were signed for on the first and I still have not heard anything and I have a bill due on the 12th. Time to start tweeting.

Should at least give you 30 days to return before a charge shows up. 

• Like 1