Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ User Thread

COZisBack

SamsungS6Edge01.png

Model Name: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+

Model Number: SM-N928P

Processor: 2.7 GHz Quad-core Processor

Display: Quad HD+ Super AMOLED

• 5.7 inches Quad HD+ Super AMOLED / 2560 x (1400+160)

Cellular Bands:
LTE

• Band 2 (PCS A-F)
  • Band 4 (AWS)
  • Band 5 (CLR 850)
  • Band 12 (Lower 700 A-C)
  • Band 25 (PCS A-G)
  • Band 26 (ESMR 800 + CLR 850)
  • Band 41 (BRS/EBS 2600)

CDMA:

• Band Class 0
  • Band Class 1
  • Band Class 10

GSM/W-CDMA:

• GSM 850/1900
  • W-CDMA Bands 2/5

Wireless:

• 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth 4.1 wireless technology
  • NFC

Notes:

• Sprint Spark
  • Sprint Direct Connect Now
  • HD Voice
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • Band 41 Carrier Aggregation certified
  • Fully CCA/RRPP Compliant
  • Currently no Sprint VoLTE capabilities
  • No SVLTE (Spark devices don't support SVLTE)

Link to Wall article.

Link to Rumor thread.

FCC Source: A3LSMG928P

• 10 months later...

I received my Galaxy S6 Edge+ yesterday. If you have questions, ask away! I'll be posting a review later (or perhaps tomorrow), too.

How is the RSRP levels compared to the iPhone 6?

Unfortunately, that's the one question I cannot answer as I no longer have an iPhone on Sprint. Not sure how to measure this on an Android device.

Having said that, sitting in my office where my HTC One M9 with Sprint got a weak signal at best (and pulled 6 Mbps down at most), the GS6E+ is pulling downloads of 20+ Mbps. Haven't done much testing yet, though.

I've had this thing activated for about 18 hours. Would not activate when I received it, and spent 3 hours on the phone with Sprint trying to get it done. They finally concluded it could not be done until Friday, the official release date. I drove to my favorite Sprint store in Short Pump and Noley got it activated within 5 minutes. :)

Having said that, sitting in my office where my HTC One M9 with Sprint got a weak signal at best (and pulled 6 Mbps down at most), the GS6E+ is pulling downloads of 20+ Mbps. Haven't done much testing yet, though.

That is quite a bit of difference if it's coming from the same location. Did you have signal check installed on your phone on your m9 before?

That is quite a bit of difference if it's coming from the same location. Did you have signal check installed on your phone on your m9 before?

Had a derpy moment yesterday. Have always used SignalCheck Pro, lol. RSRP now holding pretty steady in my office around -108 dBm (15 asu). Don't remember what it was on the One M9. But in general, this phone is holding signal much better than the M9, which is a real shame. 

It was the iPhone on which I don't know how to measure RSRP.

No ac?

No.  AC is unavailable.  He is still driving the white Ford Bronco ahead of the police chase.

AJ

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a really superficial question, but is this phone available in Titanium Silver from Sprint like the photo you showed, or only the fake 80's rapper 10K Gold Platinum color? As you can see I love this phone, but I want it in Silver!

This is a really superficial question, but is this phone available in Titanium Silver from Sprint like the photo you showed, or only the fake 80's rapper 10K Gold Platinum color? As you can see I love this phone, but I want it in Silver!

None of the US carriers are offering that color. That's a decision that lies with Samsung.

OK, I lied! I couldn't hold off any longer, so I got the gold platinum color. When I was in best buy, I could have sworn the phone on display was the titanium silver, but it wasn't. So, I guess the color wasn't so bad after all.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

This is not a phone, it's jewelry you can talk and surf the Web on! Never have I seen a phone so attractive to me since the LG G Flex. The 4 gig of ram makes my laptop nearly obsolete. Call quality is very good, with plenty of volume. I pulled 60+ MB/sec down on band 41, but I'm not sure if that was carrier aggregated or not.

So I took a screen capture of my data screen and this is what I found.

5c9ee1593fc44207a50ec9d773b8abdb.jpg

Carrier aggregation is already enabled and that's great! I also saw that LTE priorities are bands 25,26 and 41 respectively. I don't know if this is good or bad, as I like 26 for in building coverage, but like 41 for the CA.

Carrier aggregation is already enabled and that's great! I also saw that LTE priorities are bands 25,26 and 41 respectively. I don't know if this is good or bad, as I like 26 for in building coverage, but like 41 for the CA.

This doesn't matter. Its not really prioritizing any of these bands the network decides not the phone. Only if you disable bands on the phone can you trick the network into getting on the band you want. Well except band 25.