JDP121

BlackBerry Venice (Rumored)

• Like 2

A keyboard slider...that takes me back. My wife had a palm pre when we got married...she loved that phone. Maybe she'll like this one too but I doubt it.

Now blackberry is basically one big Android phone with keyboard

I was a Crackberry addict for many years.  I waited for a couple of years for BB to catch up with LTE and other items but when they did not, I switched.  Unless they come up with something revolutionary, I severely doubt I will return.

I'm curious how this phone will play out, if Sprint is getting it.

My first smartphone was the Blackberry 8330. But that was when I was with nTelos before I switched to Sprint. It was a solid phone. But it will take a lot for me to try another blackberry phone. 

My wife and mother loved keyboards..  This might be a device for them

If only this existed a year ago....but now that the issue was forced on me to move on and having gotten used to it with the assistance of SwiftKey, unless its an amazing phone spec-wise, it's hard to imagine going back at this point.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By Handyman
      Just installed the 8.1 update on my Pixel.  Still no Sprint Wi-Fi / LTE calling

But ... I did get the mandatory Google Search button added to my launcher.

• By mikejeep
      Hello all,

I have been visiting S4GRU for quite some time, and one of the most common issues I see popping up is confusion from users--especially when they first get 4G LTE devices and/or LTE service--regarding their signal strengths. For some reason, the signal bars on many devices do not display what most users expect them to display. It seems strange that we have to enter special dialer codes just to see what our LTE signal is!

With that in mind, I started creating an Android app from scratch. I had never created an app before, so it took a few months before it was ready for the public, but its time has come. Robert and a few others have been beta testing it for me since October, and I recently released it onto Google Play. Robert gave me the go-ahead to give it a mention here on S4GRU, so here goes..

It's called SignalCheck, and it is available on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Blue+Line+Computing

The "Lite" version is free; the "Pro" version has a small one-time fee but includes a bunch of extras, including signal bars in the notification area, a widget, the ability to alert a user when they pick up an LTE or 800 SMR signal, one-button instant connection reset, the street address of the connected 1X site, and menu shortcuts to some screens that are usually only accessible with dialer codes. I intend to offer S4GRU Premier Sponsors special benefits in the near future, as soon as I figure out a feasible way to do that.

This is the first app I have ever developed, so I'd appreciate any and all feedback, both positive and negative. I have been trying to educate myself as much as possible regarding cellular technologies, as I didn't know much before I started this project. My goal is to make this app as accurate and useful as possible for all the "nerds" on here.. myself included!

I intend to continue squashing bugs as they are reported, and adding features as they are requested. As I learn more about Android programming and cellular technology, I'll improve things. Please let me know what you would like to see, and I'll do what I can.

My "Beta Crew" helps test out the app before public updates are pushed out. Membership is by invite only but anyone is welcome to join in our discussions or get a sneak peek at what is going on (see thread here).

Links:  SignalCheck Help / FAQ  |  Change Log  |  To-Do "Wish" List  |  Known Issues  |  SignalCheck on Google Play

-Mike

Here are some screen shots from a previous version.. there have been tweaks since this release, but this is basically what you get:

• By danlodish345
      hey guys i m curious what you guys think about rooting phones and the positives and negatives about it.... let the discussion begin!
    • By KD8JBF
      Interesting acquisition announced today....Blackberry to acquire Good Technologies. For those of you who don't know or are familiar with Good, it's basically a BYOD platform for enterprises. (Email, intranet, etc.) Not necessarily directly Sprint related, but many people use both.

https://www1.good.com/about/press-releases/BlackBerry-to-Acquire-Good-Technology.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/09/04/us-goodtechnology-m-a-blackberry-idUSKCN0R41C520150904
    • By BlackBerryRulez
      Hi,

(To moderators) Please move this thread if you think it fits better in another category. Thanks.

So I noticed Sprint recently deployed B25 at the tower near(ish) my house (located in Northern Virginia). I'm picking up B25 intermittently on the top level and outside. Even without B25, I am satisfied with the quality of service in my area.

The one thing I wish Sprint could do is stay more up to date with the new BlackBerry phones. I like my Q10 but am bummed they never released the Z10 or Z30. There has been a tweet or two from Mr. Claure hinting there may be a new Sprint-BlackBerry release coming. This could be referring to the Classic or upcoming Leap, but it's anyone's guess at this point. Sprint has been pretty cautious in recent years about releasing BlackBerry phones. I'm not sure if that is going to continue now and into the future.

T-Mobile is in talks with BlackBerry about selling their phones again. Even without this, there is the ability to bring an unlocked phone to TMO because they are a GSM carrier.

So, I bought a used Z10 off of eBay last night. I'm going to purchase a prepaid plan and try the service for a month. But, I'm expecting TMO's service to be satisfactory as well.. I have a tablet that can connect to TMO's network and the service is pretty good overall.

What should I do? In your opinion, is there advantage to one carrier or the other?

I'm going to also post this on CrackBerry. Perhaps this post would be somewhat more relevant there.

Thanks,

Mark
    • It's a cheap ploy to garner attention.    And ... at the cost of Sprint and T Mobile's merger.      Hopefully they will remember that and if the merger goes through, they roll Boost into Metro PCS and tell him "See ya!"   
    • That's all nice and what not but it's dependent if the merge happens.
    • I think the others are going to go faster than you think...Probably not much further than 2020 (2 years).     T-Mobile is already re farming their older 3G space... Neville Ray had said in the past that he would like to follow Verizon's shut down date not too much further than what Verizon's is. (see link below)      AT&T just shut their 2G down in January and is now eyeing 3G's deadline. They have not made a date public. T-Mobile plan to sundown 3G
    • I think they should tell him to go suck an egg!    60 MHz is a lot of spectrum... isn't it nearly half of what they have in the 2500 MHz band?  (150 MHz total)...   Why does he think he's entitled to it?   What about the other MVNO's?    
    • Boost Founder Commits to Offer $9.95 Unlimited Data Plan for Prepaid Fixed Wireless Broadband Customers and Will Rollout 4G Fixed Broadband Network in Select Low Income Areas if Government Conditions T-Mobile/Sprint Merger to Divest 60 MHz in 2.5 GHz Band https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/16/1537805/0/en/Boost-Founder-Commits-to-Offer-9-95-Unlimited-Data-Plan-for-Prepaid-Fixed-Wireless-Broadband-Customers-and-Will-Rollout-4G-Fixed-Broadband-Network-in-Select-Low-Income-Areas-if-Gov.html