Jump to content
jefbal99

Huawei Nexus 6P (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

Recommended Posts

My Nexus 6P just formed the bootloop issue over the weekend.  Woke up at 3 AM and my device was sitting on the Google Boot image.  Then reboot, over and over.  Didn't do anything but plug it in and went to sleep.

 

I finally got around to calling Google today.  It took about an hour and a couple of people escalation.  Finally got a hold of someone who understood the issue.  They agreed to replace my Nexus 6P 64GB with a Pixel XL 128 GB.  I didn't ask them to do that, and assumed they would not do anything for me.  But I killed them with kindness and had no expectation.  Totally shocked.

 

They authorized my card for the full $900+ replacement price, but said the authorization will fall off in 3 days.  They will only put the charge through if I do not return my old Nexus 6P in 21 days.  They said I will receive the replacement express delivery in 2 days.  I'm still shocked!  BTW, I am the original owner and purchased the 6P directly from Google.  I preordered on opening day September 2015.  So this device is nearly two years old.  I'm also a Project Fi customer.

 

Robert

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Nexus 6P just formed the bootloop issue over the weekend.  Woke up at 3 AM and my device was sitting on the Google Boot image.  Then reboot, over and over.  Didn't do anything but plug it in and went to sleep.

 

I finally got around to calling Google today.  It took about an hour and a couple of people escalation.  Finally got a hold of someone who understood the issue.  They agreed to replace my Nexus 6P 64GB with a Pixel XL 128 GB.  I didn't ask them to do that, and assumed they would not do anything for me.  But I killed them with kindness and had no expectation.  Totally shocked.

 

They authorized my card for the full $900+ replacement price, but said the authorization will fall off in 3 days.  They will only put the charge through if I do not return my old Nexus 6P in 21 days.  They said I will receive the replacement express delivery in 2 days.  I'm still shocked!  BTW, I am the original owner and purchased the 6P directly from Google.  I preordered on opening day September 2015.  So this device is nearly two years old.  I'm also a Project Fi customer.

 

Robert

 

WOW! That's awesome! Just think, you've gone from dropping it merely days after buying it, to this. :)  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For non-Dev Preview users, Oreo is rumored from Rogers in Canada to roll out for the 6P on 9/11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For non-Dev Preview users, Oreo is rumored from Rogers in Canada to roll out for the 6P on 9/11

 

I received an update notification yesterday for 8.0

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an update notification yesterday for 8.0

 

What's the version number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the version number?

 

I didn't download.  I have to run a custom ROM.

If you know the name of the download folder, I'll download it next time the notification pops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got it now, on Sprint. a7a0ac243e0762ef42783fecd182fddb.jpg

 

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this on the first random update mashing, still waiting on my 5x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh, so the reboot issue I've been experiencing since April with the phone shutting down with about 15%-18% battery remaining is driving me nuts, I was so hoping that Oreo would resolve, but alas, it hasn't.  Started with Google support, I've already done a reset back in June with no joy.  Because my phone was purchased via Amazon, they directed me to Hauwei support.  I've emailed them, we'll see where it goes.

Hoping something can get resolved as my purchase was 8/26/16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

Ugh, so the reboot issue I've been experiencing since April with the phone shutting down with about 15%-18% battery remaining is driving me nuts, I was so hoping that Oreo would resolve, but alas, it hasn't.  Started with Google support, I've already done a reset back in June with no joy.  Because my phone was purchased via Amazon, they directed me to Hauwei support.  I've emailed them, we'll see where it goes.

Hoping something can get resolved as my purchase was 8/26/16

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Huawei have been terrible with this situation.... They'll most likely tell you to send to them and they'll fix for $150 IIRC. Night and day difference from how Google is handling it. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mrrogers1 said:

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but Huawei have been terrible with this situation.... They'll most likely tell you to send to them and they'll fix for $150 IIRC. Night and day difference from how Google is handling it. ?

I hope not, this seems to be a much larger issue...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jefbal99 said:

I hope not, this seems to be a much larger issue...

No, it's is that same issue, they just aren't fixing the phones for free/extending the warranty to fix for free like Google did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mrrogers1 said:

No, it's is that same issue, they just aren't fixing the phones for free/extending the warranty to fix for free like Google did. 

I meant bigger as in the number of users impacted.  This will probably be my last Huawei device if they don't give decent support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

I meant bigger as in the number of users impacted.  This will probably be my last Huawei device if they don't give decent support.

 Oh, ok, more people NOT buying directly from Google, I get what you are saying. Well, maybe by some stroke of luck they'll treat you better than the two people I know that got devices from Amazon and Best Buy that are dealing with it.  The actually amount is $165 for battery replacement which is what they said they would do for the early shut down and boot looping issues. 

I think what we are seeing is a result of the soured relationship between the two companies and Huawei's insistence that this is and was never their hardware issue.... and, to be honest, I don't think it was either.  It sucks that this is the way they are treating folks though, for sure. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mrrogers1 said:

 Oh, ok, more people NOT buying directly from Google, I get what you are saying. Well, maybe by some stroke of luck they'll treat you better than the two people I know that got devices from Amazon and Best Buy that are dealing with it.  The actually amount is $165 for battery replacement which is what they said they would do for the early shut down and boot looping issues. 

I think what we are seeing is a result of the soured relationship between the two companies and Huawei's insistence that this is and was never their hardware issue.... and, to be honest, I don't think it was either.  It sucks that this is the way they are treating folks though, for sure. :(

I'm not sure if it's hardware or software or a combo of one impacting the other, but they need to support customers. Replacing a battery for $165 is a bunch of crap.

We'll see what my experience is, but live and learn...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update:

According to Hauwei, my device is under warranty until November 21st and they will replace the battery for free, however, they don't offer swaps or replacements.  I'll be without a phone for a 7-10 days.  I don't have any spare devices as my Ex-wife destroyed them all over the last few years.  Need to get the screen replaced on my Moto X Pure so I can utilize that before sending this one in.

 

I also have to fully wipe the device and clear anything from it, ugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried getting mine replaced and they said it was out of warranty and wouldn't budge. Purchased from Google on launch day.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got mine replaced but it took being persistent. Maybe try another agent.

As a side my 6p just got the latest ota September patch. So much prefer the 6p touch targets and such compared to the XL I just wish the Battey in the 6p was better...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ingenium said:

I tried getting mine replaced and they said it was out of warranty and wouldn't budge. Purchased from Google on launch day.

Mine was out of warranty too and got a yes in less then a few minutes. I would call again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2017 at 2:34 PM, jefbal99 said:

Update:

According to Hauwei, my device is under warranty until November 21st and they will replace the battery for free, however, they don't offer swaps or replacements.  I'll be without a phone for a 7-10 days.  I don't have any spare devices as my Ex-wife destroyed them all over the last few years.  Need to get the screen replaced on my Moto X Pure so I can utilize that before sending this one in.

 

I also have to fully wipe the device and clear anything from it, ugh!

 

Oh nice! I guess I should have asked when you got yours. Lol  

 

Good job! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mrrogers1 said:

 

Oh nice! I guess I should have asked when you got yours. Lol  

 

Good job! 

I got it late August 2016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shattered the screen on my Google-purchased 6P on launch day.  Paid to replace the screen.  Started having severe battery issues in the spring and contacted Google.  No problem at all, they sent me a refurb 6P, then sent mine in after I got the replacement.

Still a great device

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 6P gets is out for delivery with a new battery, hopefully no other issues

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jefbal99 said:

My 6P gets is out for delivery with a new battery, hopefully no other issues

My Pixel XL is doing quit nice! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Similar Content

    • By Nrbelex
      The rumor mill has fully geared up, so it seems time for a thread in which the potential HTC-made 2016 Nexus phones can be discussed.
       
      Rumors suggest two phones: a 5" device codenamed Sailfish, and a larger device codenamed Marlin. Both are thought to be produced by HTC. [There's also a report that Google is making its own phone, without an OEM partner--along the lines of a Pixel phone--but that report has been largely discounted.]
       
      Android Police has claimed it knows with 8/10 certainty some specs of the smaller device--Sailfish:
      Manufactured by HTC 5" 1080p display (~440PPI) Quad-core 2.0GHz 64-bit processor (model unknown) 4GB RAM 2770mAh battery 32GB storage (unknown if multiple models will be available, or even if this is the base storage level) 12MP rear camera, 8MP front Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner USB-C port (bottom) Bottom-firing speaker or speakers (unknown if dual) Top-mounted headphone jack Bluetooth 4.2 Any thoughts on these devices? The last several Nexus devices have been Sprint compatible; is there any reason to think these won't be? Any hints in regulatory filings? How is HTC's radio performance, generally? Will Sprint sell them directly, and even if they do, will it still be preferable to buy directly from Google?
    • By nexgencpu
      Hopefully we can finally start seeing some user feedback. So far so good! it is without a doubt the best device ive owned!!!
    • By topdownat4
      Had not seen a thread for this yet, 
      I see some definite consumer advantages with Sprint's Network combined with TMob and Wi-fi.
      I have had many Nexus devices and I love my Nexus 6, although it is a bit big.
      The price is good for the service. ($20 / unl talk/txt, $10/gb)
       
      I hope the technical aspects work as they propose. I am a Google Voice Number user and love the "Any device" call capability and use it on my Tablet, Chromebook and phone. I rarely actually answer my Phone at the house. Answer the tablet or Chromebook.....
       
      I love Sprint's network, the upgrades they are putting forth and this Site, but if Project Fi works as advertised, it might lure me to sign on.....
       
      What are everyone's thoughts?
       
       
       
       
    • By TH4RO
      Did anyone notice the video capture specs?
  • Posts

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×