Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

Hmmm... that is weird.  I wonder why flashing the radio wouldn't fix the issue.  I stand corrected.

I'd say the jury is still out on returning to the old radio, seems inconclusive based on the various reports so far.  I suppose it's possible Google introduced a bug in the 6.0.1 system/telephony code independent from the radio.   

• Like 2

I've noticed that as well. I toggled "Mobile Data" and phone went back to LTE.

Seems our day of having phone hang onto LTE with fast rescan times are over.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Where I am my phone does not drop to 3G, and after this update its happened multiple times and I don't think LTE scan times are the issue since it never goes back to LTE until I reboot.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Where I am my phone does not drop to 3G, and after this update its happened multiple times and I don't think LTE scan times are the issue since it never goes back to LTE until I reboot.

Even airplane mode didn't fix it?

Nope.

I've had the extended 3G after a call issue since I got my device in the span of 3 different devices before the latest update. But the issue that you're having it connecting and then disconnecting down to 3G, not connecting again I haven't had that at all. Would you consider backing up your device and doing a factory reset to see if it fixes the issue?

I've had the extended 3G after a call issue since I got my device in the span of 3 different devices before the latest update. But the issue that you're having it connecting and then disconnecting down to 3G, not connecting again I haven't had that at all. Would you consider backing up your device and doing a factory reset to see if it fixes the issue?

I'm going to wait a few days and see if something changes on that xda thread, too many people on all carriers are having the same issue.

Hmm

Seems like a stellar time to stick with my current ROM.

0% time spent off of LTE/WiFi

Those who see that a firmware update is available -- ooh, new and shiny, gotta have it -- I just do not understand.  In fact, we happen to have a photo of two of those inveterate firmware updaters:

Two_adult_Guinea_Pigs_%28Cavia_porcellus

AJ

• Like 1

If it ain't broke (and working wonderfully) don't fix it.

Shrugs shoulders.

Suppose if the update included bringing me biscuits and gravy I'd HAVE to update.

The only really tangible benefit I heard in advance of the firmware update for the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, or both was T-Mobile VoLTE certification, thus band 12 activation.  But if not on T-Mobile, who cares?

AJ

The only really tangible benefit I heard in advance of the firmware update for the Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, or both was T-Mobile VoLTE certification, thus band 12 activation. But if not on T-Mobile, who cares?

AJ

Yup

Suppose if the update included bringing me biscuits and gravy I'd HAVE to update.

I do not know about "bringing" it to you, but I am sure that you could use your Nexus 6P to call in an order.

BItiyAX2_400x400.png

http://www.bigbiscuitrestaurant.com/#/locations/blue-springs

AJ

• Like 1

Those who see that a firmware update is available -- ooh, new and shiny, gotta have it -- I just do not understand. In fact, we happen to have a photo of two of those inveterate firmware updaters:

Two_adult_Guinea_Pigs_%28Cavia_porcellus

AJ

It does fix a few bugs actually. Plus the December security patches. I haven't had any issues with 6.0.1 yet other than it doesn't hang onto B41 as strongly and drops to B25/26 quicker.

But that's why the first thing I do with a Nexus is unlock the bootloader. If an update causes issues I'll simply download the previous factory image and flash it. Takes 5 minutes and data is left intact if you don't use the included script to flash it.

I personally love the monthly updates. It lets us avoid the situation when the Nexus 6 launched and SMS was broken in LTE for 5 months until the first update came out (along with certain GSM/WCDMA networks causing the phone to lock up and require a reboot when handing off between sites).

Sent from my Nexus 6P

I do not know about "bringing" it to you, but I am sure that you could use your Nexus 6P to call in an order.

BItiyAX2_400x400.png

http://www.bigbiscuitrestaurant.com/#/locations/blue-springs

AJ

AJ,

This is near and dear to my gut. We live about 3 miles south of the Blue Springs location. Favorite breakfast place EVER!

Biscuits & gravy / cinnamon roll pancakes FTW!

Sorry for the double posting (I know that's against use policies, just want to make sure Nexus users see this): 

You all see this? 

http://www.google.com/nexus/tap/

$20 free to Best Buy just for using Android Pay (anywhere, not just at Best Buy, where I don't think it works) on your Nexus device (any Nexus device)

• Like 1

Sorry for the double posting (I know that's against use policies, just want to make sure Nexus users see this):

You all see this?

http://www.google.com/nexus/tap/

$20 free to Best Buy just for using Android Pay (anywhere, not just at Best Buy, where I don't think it works) on your Nexus device (any Nexus device)

Thanks! I just went to Walgreen's and did this!.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have any if you seen or heard of the haptic feedback going out with the keyboard or the home and back arrows on your 6p? This happens to me randomly but for the system settings but the stronger vibration setting will still work. Also using an vibration tester it seems to be working still. I never seen this issue with the Nexus 6.

Have any if you seen or heard of the haptic feedback going out with the keyboard or the home and back arrows on your 6p? This happens to me randomly but for the system settings but the stronger vibration setting will still work. Also using an vibration tester it seems to be working still. I never seen this issue with the Nexus 6.

Nope. Only weirdness I have seen is the "when device is rotated" settings going back to portrait only instead of rotating. Happened twice since I got the phone. My vibration works fine for everything here and I have the phone always on vibration, never a ringer.

• Like 1