Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

It connects back to LTE sometimes. Hit or miss. It will eventually move back to lte after a few minutes on 3G but only to B25 where it parks for another 5 minutes before switching to B41.

I live 300 yards from a B41 site.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

connects back to LTE for me. wonder if it's a market deal? i am in a samsung market.

It's not market ,because my nexus 5 and LG G3 work just fine. I don't think this is a showstopper for me , just a minor annoyance at the moment . I don't get a lot of calls.

It's not market ,because my nexus 5 and LG G3 work just fine. I don't think this is a showstopper for me , just a minor annoyance at the moment . I don't get a lot of calls.

hmmm ok.  i will pay extra attention to see if i have similar issues...

How can I tell if I'm connected to CA?

You cannot.

AJ

• Like 3

On Signal Check Pro, you can tell if you're connected to second carrier by number 2 after b41.  Two carriers are required for CA, but that still won't tell you if you're on CA.

I did a speed test yesterday with Sensorly/Signal Check Pro and I had the B41(2). I was getting 30+ down. I thought that little 2 was an indication that I was on CA :/

Either way, I did more tests around town (with my new N6P) and a lot of the towers seem to be much much faster. Some locations had 50+ down! :o

Last time I checked tower speed has been over a year so a lot must have changed in my area! 

Edited by atg284
  • Like 1

I did a speed test yesterday with Sensorly/Signal Check Pro and I had the B41(2). I was getting 30+ down. I thought that little 2 was an indication that I was on CA :/

Either way, I did more tests around town (with my new N6P) and a lot of the towers seem to be much much faster. Some locations had 50+ down! :o

Last time I checked tower speed has been over a year so a lot must have changed in my area!

The 2 only indicates a second carrier is present, not necessarily 2 carriers aggregated.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I got my rma nexus 6p Frost from Google, Friday afternoon. It has the same build date as the one I'm replacing,10/25. The one I got two days before had a build date of 10/26, and should not have left the factory of how poor condition it was. I kind of wish I had activated it, but didn't want to bother support with a device I knew I wasn't going to keep after observed the condition. I did put my active csim into the new device to check if a whitelisted device over Sprint could be activated with a csim. But it was not to be! Device showed Sim lock when attempting to authenticate over the network in initial setup.

I noticed the two 10/25 date Nexus 6p Frost devices have Samsung memory chips. While the 10/26 had Toshiba chip installed. Both were using hynix ddr4 ram. This new device is exhibiting the same network connection “lag”, is how I'll describe it after I come off a call. Connects to 3g then wait a few beats, to a min or so connects to LTE and remains connected as has been observed by others. Strong performer once it latches onto network. This is with a separate new csim I had on hand. This one actually has slightly better build than the original one I received as well, so I will be keeping the newer and sending the the original order back.

From reading others experiences on other forums I hope they get the quality control in check. As this is a really nice device and one shouldn't have to hope for a pristine looking device out the box when paying out the pocket for a new from factory. Fortunately Google is good with replacement if there are issues. But unnecessary cost that can be avoided with quality control check before final boxing.

If you're looking for cables, here's a good way to go about it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A25GROL6KJV3QG/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

Look at all the reviews the Google guy wrote... anything with 5 stars, is a buy... anything with 2 stars... avoid..

You definitely have a thing for cables.

I've found the supplied cable has been the only cable necessary so far. That does include drives over 3 hours running GPS and streaming/podcasts simultaneously.

Prospective buyers:

You don't HAVE to sink a bunch of dough on new cables.

Holy moly!  It was an act of congress, but MasterCard finally approved my claim!

gallery_1_23_64457.png

They initially insisted that I get it repaired and get a repair estimate.  I explained several times and ways that there was no way to repair it, as repair parts were not available on the market.  And didn't know if parts would ever be available commercially.  I ended up having to get a letter from a local repair store and then get a letter from Huawei.  I uploaded the last one this morning and final approval in four hours.  

I don't know how long it will take to get my check, but glad to have that behind me.  It is still pretty amazing to me that my MasterCard Debit card ended up having this protection.  Thanks to runagun for suggesting I check.  I probably wouldn't have without the suggestion.  I didn't think debit cards came with protections.

Now I don't even know if I want a Nexus 6P to replace it.  I may get something else.  :lol:

• Like 15

Holy moly!  It was an act of congress, but MasterCard finally approved my claim!

They initially insisted that I get it repaired and get a repair estimate.  I explained several times and ways that there was no way to repair it, as repair parts were not available on the market.  And didn't know if parts would ever be available commercially.  I ended up having to get a letter from a local repair store and then get a letter from Huawei.  I uploaded the last one this morning and final approval in four hours.  

I don't know how long it will take to get my check, but glad to have that behind me.  It is still pretty amazing to me that my MasterCard Debit card ended up having this protection.  Thanks to runagun for suggesting I check.  I probably wouldn't have without the suggestion.  I didn't think debit cards came with protections.

Now I don't even know if I want a Nexus 6P to replace it.  I may get something else.   :lol:

AWESOME! 

• Like 1

Now I don't even know if I want a Nexus 6P to replace it.  I may get something else.   :lol:

Hot diggy dog man! That is amazing and awesome! Thank goodness you have a credit card company that will help you in this. Too bad Google and Huawei wouldn't fix it even though they should at least offer a repair for some some $$$. Pretty damn low of them!

That is awesome! I love my credit card protection from Wells Fargo and my buyer protection from my Mastercard. Combining the two has worked out really great for me.

• Like 3

A 2015 Moto X with wood back plate.

AJ

• Like 2

I always set my devices wifi advance setting to turn off wifi during sleep UNLESS plugged in.  I have noticed that wifi will stay on regardless on my Nexus 6P.  I have wifi scanning off and location services and no apps that could be automatically forcing it to stay on.  I think it may be a bug but wanted to find out what others are experiencing.

I did post this in the Google Nexus forum/help community but I figured I'd bring it up in here as I don't think I'm alone but could be... :)

Thanks

I always set my devices wifi advance setting to turn off wifi during sleep UNLESS plugged in. I have noticed that wifi will stay on regardless on my Nexus 6P. I have wifi scanning off and location services and no apps that could be automatically forcing it to stay on. I think it may be a bug but wanted to find out what others are experiencing.

I did post this in the Google Nexus forum/help community but I figured I'd bring it up in here as I don't think I'm alone but could be... :)

Thanks

We brought this up in the beta/preview but the Google engineers always defended themselves and blamed other factors such as the phone or needing a fresh install, etc. It was kind of sad to see their pushback.
  • Like 1

We brought this up in the beta/preview but the Google engineers always defended themselves and blamed other factors such as the phone or needing a fresh install, etc. It was kind of sad to see their pushback.

Well dang, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work... that sucks. I'll keep bringing it up in the forum over there I guess.  It is really annoying. 

Thanks for the relpy

I always set my devices wifi advance setting to turn off wifi during sleep UNLESS plugged in.  I have noticed that wifi will stay on regardless on my Nexus 6P.  I have wifi scanning off and location services and no apps that could be automatically forcing it to stay on.  I think it may be a bug but wanted to find out what others are experiencing.

Thanks

Are you suggesting that being connected to distant LTE tower for data takes up less battery than a Wi-Fi spot a few feet away?  I don't buy it.  Sending any kind of signal over greater distance will require more power.  I'm siding with Google here.