Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

I was told when I called that my account has been noted that the device was damaged by me dropping it. But I don't regret doing the right thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What you were told and what has happened are two different things.  I've been told many times that there were notes / credits put on my account that 'somehow' never showed up when I called back.  I'm kind of anal about calling customer service and always mark the date / time and person's name I'm speaking to specifically to refer back to that.  I think it is well worth another phone call, worst that happens is they say "I'm sorry sir, but I have a note on your account".  Again, I'm with you in telling the truth.  I'm not suggesting you call back and change your story.  I think you should call back and give the exact same story and see what the new person says.

Did you read the thread referenced for activation/SIM info?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7282-nexus-5x-user-thread-lg-h790/

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I was scrolling back in this thread for about 5 pages before giving up, and it didn't occur to me to look at the 5x forum.

Anyway, can we pin the activation thread to the Huawai forum?  I'm disappointed with Sprint that I couldn't just walk into a sprint store to get it activated.  Nano-SIM is about as small of an item to stock as you get.

I was scrolling back in this thread for about 5 pages before giving up, and it didn't occur to me to look at the 5x forum.

Anyway, can we pin the activation thread to the Huawai forum?  I'm disappointed with Sprint that I couldn't just walk into a sprint store to get it activated.  Nano-SIM is about as small of an item to stock as you get.

AJ posted sim specifics on the first page of the 5X thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7282-nexus-5x-user-thread-lg-h790/

Some Sprint stores either have them in stock and don't realize or understand and I have them. You can pay 10 bucks for the correct sim at Best Buy or chat/call with Sprint International to order the correct one.

I ordered the V5 nano sim through international chat. A better bet would be took go to your nearest Best Buy and pay $10 for the correct sim. Then start a chart with a Sprint rep and they should get you taken care of. Took me maybe all of 5 minutes.

I've got a 32GB aluminium version. According to SCP I'm getting slightly better RF numbers than my previous LG G3. I'm extremely happy with the 6P's RF performance.

Living in the KC area there is an abundance of 2xCA, so maintaining a dependable data signal is not an issue. As mentioned by others WiFi performance is excellent.

Bluetooth performance is solid with fast connections and no disconnections since pairing with a speaker, headphones, soundbar, and 2 vehicles.

Great call quality with both speakerphone and normal speaker. I'm quite pleased I'm getting voicemail notifications promptly. This was a concern because I didn't want the extra overhead of Google Voice.

The vibration motor is absolutely perfect. I'm spoiled now with the vibration feedback the 6P has.

GPS locks instantly and is accurate.

Thought I was going to have to get a bunch of cables for charging but so far I have only needed the supplied fast charger.

I run my screen at around 90, maybe a touch higher and the last battery cycle I was a few minutes over 6 hours screen on time.

I purchased the frost/clear Adopted case (19.99) and it is great! Provides some protection and noticeably more grip.

Ambient display is slow. Thinking of disabling it until improvements can be made in its response time.

Hopefully this info helps someone considering a 6P. I really really like this phone. It's my first Nexus phone and there is 0 chance I'd ever go back to a carrier branded or subsidized handset.

Robert,

I'm pulling for you and hope you get the outcome you're looking for in a timely manner. Just made me sick to my stomach when I read what happened to yours.

FWIW, I think you done the right thing by telling the truth. Situations like yours, and being dishonest is a slippery slope. Once you lie about something like that it gets a little easier each time. YOU know it would have been BS and that's what matters.

Just my .02.

Best of luck!

• Like 4

Got my shipping info today woohooo!! :frantic: 

64GB Aluminium ordered on the Oct 29th. Based on the other forums it seems like the aluminum 32 & 64 GB are flying out!

Now if only my cases and screen protectors would ship now....Yes I have a problem.  :lol:

• Like 1

While shopping for cables, I ran into these comments from a Google engineer who worked on the charging cables:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2IS3PG73PF5N0/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B010VFFRCE&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2335752011&store=wireless#wasThisHelpful

I'm still trying to replace my collection of micro-USB/QuickCharge cables throughout the car, house, work, but it's become clear that if you want Rapid Charging, then you need a cable that's USB-C on both ends...

• Like 1

While shopping for cables, I ran into these comments from a Google engineer who worked on the charging cables:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2IS3PG73PF5N0/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B010VFFRCE&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=2335752011&store=wireless#wasThisHelpful

I'm still trying to replace my collection of micro-USB/QuickCharge cables throughout the car, house, work, but it's become clear that if you want Rapid Charging, then you need a cable that's USB-C on both ends...

Hmmm. It seems my 3 amp car charger with a high speed USB cable (Standard USB plug to Type C) charges faster than my Google provided wall charger with Type C to Type C cable. If it's not faster, then it's nearly identical. It screams in comparison to my old charging scenarios.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

Hmmm. It seems my 3 amp car charger with a high speed USB cable (Standard USB plug to Type C) charges faster than my Google provided wall charger with Type C to Type C cable. If it's not faster, then it's nearly identical. It screams in comparison to my old charging scenarios.

I've playing around with various charger and cable combinations, but only the included charger/usbc-usbc cable makes the phone display "Rapid Charging" on the lock screen.  In your case 3 amp car charger, do you see "rapid charging" on the displayed? 

My wife has a 2.4 amp car charger that I pulled 2.65 amps measured with Ampere so I am not surprised. Also, just as an FYI the charging for this phone is stepped by how low the battery is. So if you are at like 10% you pull the full 3 amps from the wall charger and then less and less the more you are charged. So if your phone is at low battery you could definitely charge faster vs the google charger at 50% or higher charge.

I've playing around with various charger and cable combinations, but only the included charger/usbc-usbc cable makes the phone display "Rapid Charging" on the lock screen.  In your case 3 amp car charger, do you see "rapid charging" on the displayed? 

"Rapid charging" seems to be quite generous as I have seen it with standard USB to Type C plug (one of the OnePlus cables which is really a great cable) from: my computer, my wife's 2.4 amp car charger, and my friends' Note 3 charger.

My guess is anything above 1.5-2 amps is rated as "charging rapidly" and it is not an indication of getting the full 3 amps that the official charger can provide.

Edit: Lower than that actually.

3evxTiJ.png

BdmW8fV.png

Tried a factory reset and it still is rebooting.

Sorry to hear that. If that is the case I would initiate an RMA with Google. I believe they have some units set aside and hopefully they haven't all been used up.

I've playing around with various charger and cable combinations, but only the included charger/usbc-usbc cable makes the phone display "Rapid Charging" on the lock screen. In your case 3 amp car charger, do you see "rapid charging" on the displayed?

It does not say Rapid Charging. But it still charges 2%-3% per minute.

It does not say Rapid Charging. But it still charges 2%-3% per minute.

Never mind, now I see Cletus' screenshot above and see where it says it, it does say Charging Rapidly. [emoji38]

Do you really think its a problem with my phone?

If you have hard reset it and it continues to boot loop, what else could it be? Are you loading ANY apps on the device before it starts to reboot on it's own like that? 

If you have hard reset it and it continues to boot loop, what else could it be? Are you loading ANY apps on the device before it starts to reboot on it's own like that?

I guess I'll see how it acts another day. If it continues I'll get it swapped.

I guess I'll see how it acts another day. If it continues I'll get it swapped.

Download the fresh device image from Google and reflash using adb. It's not hard to do, there are dozens of online guides. QBKing77 has a good video on it. If you do that and it still boot loops, return it.

Sent from my Sprint Note5

Download the fresh device image from Google and reflash using adb. It's not hard to do, there are dozens of online guides. QBKing77 has a good video on it. If you do that and it still boot loops, return it.

yes.  might as well use MDB08M and be current.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images?hl=en

• Like 1

Download the fresh device image from Google and reflash using adb. It's not hard to do, there are dozens of online guides. QBKing77 has a good video on it. If you do that and it still boot

loops, return it.

Well I'm not really comfortable doing that so I sent a form into Google support and I talked to them on the phone. He took me through some troubleshooting mainly going into recovery and clearing the cashe partition. He told me to observe the phone for a few hours and he would call back. So far no reboots but I'm not sure my problem is solved.

• Like 1

Well I'm not really comfortable doing that so I sent a form into Google support and I talked to them on the phone. He took me through some troubleshooting mainly going into recovery and clearing the cashe partition. He told me to observe the phone for a few hours and he would call back. So far no reboots but I'm not sure my problem is solved.

Oooooh, figured you did that already! Ha ha. You're a Nexus owner now, time to beef up your computer skillz.

Yeah, first line of defense is ALWAYS wipe cache partition in recovery. On any Android phone. Then factory reset, then reflash (especially on a Nexus).

Oooooh, figured you did that already! Ha ha. You're a Nexus owner now, time to beef up your computer skillz.

Yeah, first line of defense is ALWAYS wipe cache partition in recovery. On any Android phone. Then factory reset, then reflash (especially on a Nexus).

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but doesn't the Volume Down + Power method do all that?