Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

That's what I've been hearing..that Project Fi devices seem to overwhelmingly prefer the Tmobile network over Sprint's.  I wonder why this is?

T-Mobile is super duper nifty shit.  Everybody knows that.

AJ

• Like 2

They have Fi up there where you are? Interesting.

Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell fried chicken.

AJ

I have had my 6P rolling on Sprint since last night.  I am a SERO customer so I had to activate the phone via chat however it went super smooth.  After activation was successful I went ahead and did the factory image install of MDB08K as I wanted to start with the latest.  It was nice during setup that I was able to use my Nexus 6 backup to restore apps/icons to the original state.  The imprint feature is absolutely awesome.  It is in a great natural place to unlock the phone when you pick it up.  As for service it seems to be working as well as my Nexus 6.  Haven't really noticed too much of a signal degradiation.  Overall great phone for 1st day :)

Edited by sarcoptic
  • Like 2

They have Fi up there where you are? Interesting.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Tmo is deploying here. So it will do LTE when it can find one of the few activated Tmo sites in the area. Otherwise it will fallback to iWireless EDGE or Verizon 1xRTT. Which is extensive here.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is anyone using ambient display?  Can you tell me how it's supposed to work?

I don't believe it's working like I think it should.

If the display is off and I pick it up, shouldn't the display light up and show the lockscreen?

Thanks!

9:28 am Delivered Austin, TX

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

Dangit. I left home at 9:20. I guess I will have to run home during lunch to get it.

Just take the rest of the day off. You deserve it.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ambient display works here.  If the phone is laying down with screen off and email or text comes in the display will come on as completely black with white text showing the start of the notification.  From there you can double tap to get into the app and review the notification.  Thats pretty much the basic premise.  You can turn it off by going to Settings > Display > Ambient Display.  By default it should be checked on.

Now what I have found out is I am using Nova Launcher and tried to setup the double tap to sleep option (you define a shortcut that starts an app to lock the screen).  However even if you have a fingerprint setup you still have to put in the secondary pin to unlock the phone.  Kind of a bummer going back to using the power button for simple things heh.

Edited by sarcoptic
  • Like 1

Slightly creepy

I live only a few miles from Patriot.

I am an expert on Kansas City geography.

AJ,

What are your thoughts on the possibility of the engineering screens showing more info in the future?

Is this a Huawei or Google issue? (Not showing any info)

It is almost certainly a Huawei issue.  All of the engineering screens vary somewhat from OEM to OEM.

AJ

• Like 1

I have noticed that my Engineering screens are only accessible when I am on VZW 1x or Tmo LTE. If I am on iWireless EDGE or Tmo WCDMA, I cannot access them.

Sent using Nexus 6P on Tapatalk

I have noticed that my Engineering screens are only accessible when I am on VZW 1x or Tmo LTE. If I am on iWireless EDGE or Tmo WCDMA, I cannot access them.

Probably, the Project Fi SIM is locking you out.  There is some funky mojo going on inside that poly network SIM.

AJ

• Like 1

Was anyone able to use Android Beam to transfer things between phones? I can't get it to work at all...

I transferred some stuff from my nexus 5 to my 6p, so yeah it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well it turns out I am retarded and didn't have beam turned on for my nexus 5.

:lol:

My wife constantly tries to beam me photos and then curses up a storm at Android and Samsung when it doesn't work.....then says, oh hey, my NFC is off.  Thank goodness Google Photos has removed that need with link sharing.  So yeah, it happens, glad its working for you!

Well I bit the bullet and purchased the 64GB aluminium version from the play store!  :frantic:

I have never owned a nexus before. How will visual voicemail work? 

I guess I can do more research seeing as I have about 3 week wait time to get it.

I just purchased an 32gb nexus 6p and I'm a little nervous. Im not familiar with sim cards and seeing different sim cards being posted to use in this phone I'm not sure which one i need. Do i need to purchase one before hand or can I take the phone into a sprint store and be able to activate it there? Im sorry if this is a repeat question but Im just nervous about that and want to make sure ill be able to activate it. Btw this is my first non subsidized phone Ive bought so I'm not very familiar.

Edited by Cardsfan96

I just purchased an 32gb nexus 6p and I'm a little nervous. Im not familiar with sim cards and seeing different sim cards being posted to use in this phone I'm not sure which one i need. Do i need to purchase one before hand or can I take the phone into a sprint store and be able to activate it there? Im sorry if this is a repeat question but Im just nervous about that and want to make sure ill be able to activate it. Btw this is my first non subsidized phone Ive bought so I'm not very familiar.

I have the Sprint nano sim card on order from this phone number:

888-882-4030

With this SKU:

CZ2144LWC

They didn't need the UPC but if you need it:

Reference:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/com...exus-5x-and-6p

(the phone number is different. I tried the one in the link first and they transferred me to the number I listed above)

All in all it was pretty easy and there was no charge for the 3-5 business day shipping to my house.

• Like 1

Just an FYI there is a buy-one-get-one free offer for tempered glass screen protectors here:

http://www.intelliarmor.com/intelliglass-nexus-6p-the-smarter-real-glass-screen-protector.html

Just add two to your cart and apply coupon code = intelli6P

Credit to girl_Interrupted513   From android central forums

Edited by atg284
  • Like 2