Google Nexus 6P by Huawei (was [Rumor] Huawei Nexus phone?)

jefbal99

Any new info as to what SIM the 6P will be utilizing?

I did receive a 4FF CSIM (V5) from Sprint yesterday.

Unfortunately, no new info.  We know it requires a 4FF nano SIM, but that is all.  It will be either the CSIM that you have acquired or a USIM that you probably do not have.

AJ

• Like 1

I just ordered the 4FF (nano) CSIM and USIM so that I am hopefully ready when I finally get the phone. Just hopped on chat twice, first time I said I needed a nano sim for Moto X and they ordered the USIM, hopped back on and said I needed a nano sim for the Moto X Pure Edition and they ordered the CSIM.

That's the same thing that happened to me last week.  Chat sent a 2FF USIM.  Hopped right back on later that day and they ordered the 4FF CSIM.

Not a whole lot to do but keep up with this thread and over at xda.

I would really like to keep the 6P locked down but I've got to unlock and root to modify it for my vision.

That's the same thing that happened to me last week.  Chat sent a 2FF USIM.

Wait, really?  Sprint sent you a 2FF mini SIM, not a 3FF micro SIM?  Wow, just wow.

AJ

• Like 1

Wait, really?  Sprint sent you a 2FF mini SIM, not a 3FF micro SIM?  Wow, just wow.

AJ

I was quite surprised when I received the receipt.  I'm keeping the SIM on the very off chance it's the correct one.  Suppose I should rail how Sprint support is the worst in the history of the world and how it's this type of support that will spell doom for Sprint.

Stuff happens and I'm thankful to be older and patient.

Hum, a new pending charge showed up for me:

1AGQEL9.png

I wonder if this means my order will go from preorder to pending soon like the Nexus 5x people are seeing.

http://imgur.com/claOLhY

It's being seen on all accounts today. Mine as well its just a check to see if funds are available.

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/claOLhY

It's being seen on all accounts today. Mine as well its just a check to see if funds are available.

It is interesting that my original auth dropped off like 4 days ago. Maybe they are preauthorizing the accounts every week since it has been 7 days since I placed the order. Good to know I wasn't the only one though!

edit: I may have a problem. I set up automatic notifications for pending charges.

edit2: now I have auto-refresh running on my browser tab with my order status open. I'll never make it through the month at this rate guys.

edit3: charge has disappeared 

Someone on reddit tells me that activating the Nexus 6P will take about a week. Something about a 'ClickIt ticket to add the IMEI"

Any truth to this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3nqf93/does_nexus_6p_support_all_sprints_band/

Doubt it

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Someone on reddit tells me that activating the Nexus 6P will take about a week. Something about a 'ClickIt ticket to add the IMEI"

Any truth to this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nexus6P/comments/3nqf93/does_nexus_6p_support_all_sprints_band/

After watching what happened to the Moto X Pure owners trying to get their phones activated, I'm certainly expecting issues and delays.

Until most/all devices can be swapped from/to each domestic carrier, issues should be expected. (IMO of course)

Any truth to this?

That thread h as bad info being distributed.

edit2: now I have auto-refresh running on my browser tab with my order status open. I'll never make it through the month at this rate guys.

You are wasting your refresh.  You are not going to see any significant movement on the Nexus 6P until the Nexus 5X is shipping, maybe even in the hands of buyers.  The earliest delivery dates for the Nexus 6P were all 1-2 weeks later than those for the Nexus 5X.  Just wait until Nexus 5X buyers start reporting shipping or delivery.  Then, you can start checking on the Nexus 6P.

AJ

You are wasting your refresh.  You are not going to see any significant movement on the Nexus 6P until the Nexus 5X is shipping, maybe even in the hands of buyers.  The earliest delivery dates for the Nexus 6P were all 1-2 weeks later than those for the Nexus 5X.  Just wait until Nexus 5X buyers start reporting shipping or delivery.  Then, you can start checking on the Nexus 6P.

AJ

Yeah I turned it off already. I attribute it to extreme boredom at work as too many people are out on vacation/visiting customers for me to get anything done here.

I was quite surprised when I received the receipt.  I'm keeping the SIM on the very off chance it's the correct one.

If you actually have a 2FF mini SIM, it is practically an antique.  That form factor will fit into hardly any devices -- other than similarly antiquated devices.  It is like the S-Video cable of SIM cards.

AJ

• Like 3

I'm not usually one to get impatient and anxious. However, waiting on my Nexus 6P is grating on me more than it normally would. I even had to talk myself down from canceling my order and getting a Moto X PE. I'm weak this month!

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

I even had to talk myself down from canceling my order and getting a Moto X PE. I'm weak this month!

You don't need a 2015 Moto X.  You're just weak.  You're weak!

Alright, Robert, it's time for the S4GRU Feats of Strength...

AJ

• Like 1

I'm not usually one to get impatient and anxious. However, waiting on my Nexus 6P is grating on me more than it normally would. I even had to talk myself down from canceling my order and getting a Moto X PE. I'm weak this month!

MXPE would not be as satisfying though. I'm actually OK with the wait surprisingly. It's been fun reading about everyone canceling and reordering for sooner ships date on xda and some Reddit post. I appreciate them as it hopefully moves my order up on the queue. Also all the storage sizes are sold out besides 32gb at this time. With 4-5 week shipping times for the rest. Think a facter of other markets getting access latter next week. I personally went back and ordered a on the 30th, as I wasn't sure what color to get so I'm gonna compare. Then either sell or send back the one I don't need.

So the following tweets were dropped last night.

Check out @MKBHD's Tweet: https://twitter.com/MKBHD/status/653045557787795458?s=09

(The hype is real for Nexus 6P.)

Check out @lockheimer's Tweet: https://twitter.com/lockheimer/status/653058474515955713?s=09 

(tell us more.)

Should be an interesting week ahead!

• Like 2

Why isn't the SIM model listed on the playbook page?

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

Tried to order a sim last night via international chat, was told that they don't know what sim to send me.... Try back in a couple days, lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why isn't the SIM model listed on the playbook page?

Sent from Moto X Pure via Tapatalk

It's listed on Page 4.

• Like 1