iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

UPS won't let me modify my delivery one bit, as usual. Sprint restricts every UPS service when delivering phones, including: hold for pickup, rescheduling, and delivery windows. Bleh. There's a good possibility nobody will be home tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

FWIW I didn't have to sign for a Note 5 from Sprint today.

FWIW I didn't have to sign for a Note 5 from Sprint today.

You may not have had to sign, but you were required to read the disclaimer, right?

WARNING!  YOU JUST BOUGHT A SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 5.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-393-even-more-guardians-of-the-samsung-galaxy/

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint didn't have me sign for my two pluses last year. They were just left on the porch. I was just checking the tracking with this reddit post it looks like they aren't requiring a signature again. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1r81rp/lpt_the_first_six_digits_of_a_ups_tracking_number/

The hold for pickup I understand for fraud purposes. The others I don't understand why they restrict those.

That doesn't make sense. You need ID that matches the shipping label to pick a package up.

Sprint didn't have me sign for my two pluses last year. They were just left on the porch.

A few years ago, FedEx delivered my $1500 spectrum analyzer from Germany, did not require a signature when no one was home, and just left the box partially behind the bushes next to my front porch.

Corporate policy and delivery driver practice are two very different things.

AJ

• Like 1

A few years ago, FedEx delivered my $1500 spectrum analyzer from Germany, did not require a signature when no one was home, and just left the box partially behind the bushes next to my front porch.

Corporate policy and delivery driver practice are two very different things.

AJ

Similar to a situation I had: Where I work we have every other Friday off and despite our very clear instructions AND SIGNAGE for receiving packages..... one day Fedex dropped off a rental one of these 

http://www.keysight.com/en/pd-1721037-pn-N9030A/pxa-signal-analyzer-3-hz-to-50-ghz?cc=US&lc=eng

Just marked it as "signed for by: Random Name" and left it there. We found it Monday and told the rental company who flipped their shit about it.

I wonder how the Field test mode report CA on the new iPhones....

You are making a huge assumption that it will. 

I fully expect that the iPhone Field Test -- which is pretty cool but is a secret that Apple does not want you to know about and has not been updated since the Nixon administration -- will display 2x CA like this...

;)

AJ

I wonder how the Field test mode report CA on the new iPhones....

You are making a huge assumption that it will.

I've been hoping for a field test makeover for quite some time now, and I have a feeling the iPhone 6s will be it. Those engineering screens show everything about the data connection, and they would almost have to show both pcc and scc band 41, right? I mean, it would be a huge "idgaf" on Apple's behalf if it's omitted.

I've been hoping for a field test makeover for quite some time now, and I have a feeling the iPhone 6s will be it. Those engineering screens show everything about the data connection, and they would almost have to show both pcc and scc band 41, right? I mean, it would be a huge "idgaf" on Apple's behalf if it's omitted.

*looks at motorola*

Sent from my Nexus 5

*looks at motorola*

…and HTC One M9.  But not the yet to be released HTC Aero.

AJ

We shall see. It will suck to only know you are experiencing CA by doing a speed test.

Also I hope the phones will be CA enabled out the box lol

• Like 1

We shall see. It will suck to only know you are experiencing CA by doing a speed test.

Also I hope the phones will be CA enabled out the box lol

If you start running multiple 2x CA speed tests on "unlimited" data, I will come hunt you down.

AJ

• Like 3

Sprint didn't have me sign for my two pluses last year. They were just left on the porch. I was just checking the tracking with this reddit post it looks like they aren't requiring a signature again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1r81rp/lpt_the_first_six_digits_of_a_ups_tracking_number/

Mine is using ground going off that little cheat sheet. Which doesn't? Require a signature. They always ask for a signature when they drop off at my work.

If you start running multiple 2x CA speed tests on "unlimited" data, I will come hunt you down.

AJ

f3ea1e3f865d56d48301dc1d2b3757c7.jpg

Sorry i couldnt help it lol. I dont usually do that but that was the first time i got speeds over 100 so i needed to enjoy the moment while it lasted

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

f3ea1e3f865d56d48301dc1d2b3757c7.jpg

Sorry i couldnt help it lol. I dont usually do that but that was the first time i got speeds over 100 so i needed to enjoy the moment while it lasted

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

You owe AJ a new keyboard, because I'm sure this made him slam it a few times.

• Like 3

Guys just in time for our new iPhones, the ookla speedtest app was FINALLY updated to support the iPhone 4.7 in and 5.5 in screen.

FINALLY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's nice looking, and the new logo font is great. Only took them 1 friggin year to update it. I still have a few daily apps that are all stretched out and not updated. It's kind of unacceptable.

It's nice looking, and the new logo font is great. Only took them 1 friggin year to update it. I still have a few daily apps that are all stretched out and not updated. It's kind of unacceptable.

Exactly. It was already awful on my 6 and then when I got my 6+, seeing these apps, it made me cry a little more on the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a related note, "Sky Guide" is the first app update that I've received to support 3D Touch. I'm excited to try it out, and I hope it's something I actually use on this new phone.