iPhone 6S/6S Plus/6C Rumor Thread

MacinJosh

Hey AJ...  Can you divulge a hint?  Is it due to placement of the antennas internally? Using a completely different antenna from the smaller handset?

I am not writing the full article, only a tech editor sidebar on the tested RF.  The author is Josh -- or Sanjay if Josh does not hop to it.  So, I am not stealing my own thunder, per se, by revealing this.

I have not checked for antenna diagrams.  But they are usually not made public and are relatively useless anyway.  The filings do disclose the antenna gains, however, and the antennas between the two sizes are quite different.  Not to say that the Plus is bad, just that the smaller size appears to be notably better.

AJ

• Like 2

I am not writing the full article, only a tech editor sidebar on the tested RF.  The author is Josh -- or Sanjay if Josh does not hop to it.  So, I am not stealing my own thunder, per se, by revealing this.

I have not checked for antenna diagrams.  But they are usually not made public and are relatively useless anyway.  The filings do disclose the antenna gains, however, and the antennas between the two sizes are quite different.  Not to say that the Plus is bad, just that the smaller size appears to be notably better.

AJ

Looking forward to reading the article and sidebar. I assume the RF performance specs are something that both Apple and Sprint are keenly aware of during the device testing/certification phase?

The filings do disclose the antenna gains, however, and the antennas between the two sizes are quite different.  Not to say that the Plus is bad, just that the smaller size appears to be notably better.

AJ

Interesting. Did the 6S+ degrade from last year, or is it only worse relative to the 6S?

Thanks!

I take it by total lack of interest that S4GRU iPhone members are not interested in an iPhone 6s raffle? It seems like you all will be buying the phone at any price no matter what and a raffle may not be worthwhile.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

I take it by total lack of interest that S4GRU iPhone members are not interested in an iPhone 6s raffle? It seems like you all will be buying the phone at any price no matter what and a raffle may not be worthwhile.

I'd buy tickets - I could always use a second phone on my line...

I never saw this. I probably would too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never saw this. I probably would too.

It probably got lost in the iPhone hysteria.

• Like 5

I'd definitely buy tickets.

The Apple TV, with the right application support, could find a home in my living room. I don't care about gaming (have an Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360), but need a better one-stop streaming device for Netflix, Hulu, PleX, Sling TV, etc. Right now Roku would be the best fit, but I'm waiting to see what they will come out with, the last release being only incrementally better. 

• Like 3

Work is buying me a 16GB iPhone 6S Plus (AT&T). I still want to keep my Sprint Service, though. Looks like I'll get the better RF performing 6S, then.

• Like 1

Work is buying me a 16GB iPhone 6S Plus (AT&T). I still want to keep my Sprint Service, though. Looks like I'll get the better RF performing 6S, then.

Go back and ask for Verizon if you can.

Hey AJ...  Can you divulge a hint?  Is it due to placement of the antennas internally? Using a completely different antenna from the smaller handset?

If I am reading it correctly. The following US LTE bands perform better for each model as follows

6S Plus: B4, B30

6S: B2, B5, B7, B12/13/17, B25, B26/27, B41

If I am reading it correctly. The following US LTE bands perform better for each model as follows

6S Plus: B4, B30

6S: B2, B5, B7, B12/13/17, B25, B26/27, B41

So the b41 is trash on the plus?

So the b41 is trash on the plus?

Not trash, necessarily.  It's just better on the 6s than 6s plus.

• Like 1

The Apple TV, with the right application support, could find a home in my living room. I don't care about gaming (have an Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360), but need a better one-stop streaming device for Netflix, Hulu, PleX, Sling TV, etc. Right now Roku would be the best fit, but I'm waiting to see what they will come out with, the last release being only incrementally better. 

App support will be pretty good. Apple is even giving out free Apple TV "developer kits" to (some) developers so they can get a headstart on developing apps before the public release.