Ive noticed today that now optimization has been done and started picking up carrier aggregation that my cell well go on band 4 then quickly go on a really really good lte signal. Anyone else seen this?

Are you on Sprint?  If you're getting a B4 connection on Sprint, that means you're roaming on a CCA/RRPP carrier via LTE roaming!!! Please provide Signalcheck Pro stats or a diagnosis screen.  If you're on T-Mo/AT&T then I'll be sad.

EDIT: I don't think CCA/RRPP carriers will support CA w/ Sprint bands.  You must be on T-Mo/AT&T. :(

After i got the screen shot it bounced between bands but never latched on. But does this often now.

That's just att. The PLMN name is sticking due to last connection being sprint.

The scan priority after sprint bands goes into partner lte bands like bands 2/4/5/12 and it latched onto att.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Something is amiss.  PLMN 310-410 is AT&T, not Sprint.

AJ

This looks like another case of good old Samsung "enginerring."  The PLMN ID is AT&T, but the PLMN name is Sprint.  The band 12 EARFCN is in the Lower 700 MHz A block, so that is T-Mobile.  The band 2 EARFCN is centered between the PCS A and D blocks, which are licensed to AT&T in Philadelphia.  The PCI is the same between the two competing operator sectors -- an unlikely coincidence.  And the RSRP is unusably low.  Nothing adds up.

The title of this thread is off, too.  No band 4 in any of those screenshots.

AJ

• Like 3

That is only because i picked up band 4 twice while driving to work those two other bands just happened.

Reboot your handset.  That may solve the problem.

AJ

The band 12 and 2 happened after a reboot or 2 but i will report what i find on the band 4 on my way home. Hopefully its not all wierd like these other bands and can give u guys some good info to decode.

The band 12 and 2 happened after a reboot or 2 but i will report what i find on the band 4 on my way home. Hopefully its not all wierd like these other bands and can give u guys some good info to decode.

The readouts will be "weird."  The other LTE signals are out there, but no way will Sprint or the other operators allow you to use those signals.

AJ

It looks like you are using the Samsung generic engineering screen (*#0011#).  You might try the more Sprint specific engineering screen (##33284#) to see if it shows the same weird readouts from other bands/operators.

AJ

• Like 1

Could also check to see what signal check pro says. I thought sprint didnt roam onto at&t.

The AT&T piece is irrelevant.  Sprint does not LTE roam on any other domestic networks.

AJ

My s5 shoots between other carriers LTE, mainly band 25, 26. No data but shows it under the engineering screens