Where is 800mhz?

So like -90 3G would be -90 LTE?

Nope.  Subtract about 20.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-308-rssi-vs-rsrp-a-brief-lte-signal-strength-primer/

AJ

• Like 1

So I've been traveling around the US a lot lately and I have yet to pick up a B26 signal and I was wondering if anyone had a list of markets in which sprint has started to or finished deploying 800mhz LTE because I haven't seen any.

B26 is all over in South Carolina.  Its just ok.  I lose LTE quite a bit.  Hoping they beef it up more.  

I've been traveling around various cities in Texas and getting 800 quite often but typically was poor results. Here is what SignalCheck shows. In this case I had no data to speak of. Google Maps couldn't even populate its traffic layer. I've also seen it say LTE 800 in SignalCheck also with mixed results as to whether I have data or not. uploadfromtaptalk1437277238428.png

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I've been traveling around various cities in Texas and getting 800 quite often but typically was poor results. Here is what SignalCheck shows. In this case I had no data to speak of. Google Maps couldn't even populate its traffic layer. I've also seen it say LTE 800 in SignalCheck also with mixed results as to whether I have data or not. attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-07-18-11-25-46.png

Well that screenshot is only showing 1x800, so it doesn't surprise me that you have "no data to speak of". 1x800 is only made for voice, text, and the smallest amounts of data. It's not a reliable internet connection. What device are you using?

-Anthony

It's the HTC One M9. As strong as that signal was I guess I thought it would at least support the data for Google Maps traffic layer. This is not my area of expertise. Are you saying that I don't even have a 3G connection in that circumstance?

It's the HTC One M9. As strong as that signal was I guess I thought it would at least support the data for Google Maps traffic layer. This is not my area of expertise. Are you saying that I don't even have a 3G connection in that circumstance?

If we're talking technical terms, having a 1x800 connection is *technically* 3G. But as marketed by Sprint, 1x800 is what they call "2G". When you are connected to EV-DO or eHRPD, you have what they market as "3G". So to answer your question, in a technical sense, yes you do have 3G. But in the average-Joe sense, no, you don't.

-Anthony

Ok so no device issues it turns out and I have updated my PRL but still nothing. It's probably a faulty device. My contract is up in August/September so I'll upgrade to an iPhone 6S and hopefully that will be better because I don't really want to replace my current phone considering I will only have it for another 1-2 months. Thanks for all of ur help guys!