Sell iPhone - safe to give ESN and ICCID?

joshuam

I am looking to sell my iPhone 6 Plus. Someone has asked me for the ESN and ICCID. Is it safe to share those numbers?

If it is on Sprint, meet up at a Sprint store.

OR if you're selling online

http://www.checkesnfree.com/

Screenshot results and take pic of ESN and send to buyer

OR

just send the person the ESN

I am looking to sell my iPhone 6 Plus. Someone has asked me for the ESN and ICCID. Is it safe to share those numbers?

Yes it is safe. The person just wants to make sure the ESN isn't blacklisted and it is clear. They're probably just making sure you aren't selling them a stolen phone.

-Anthony

I wouldn't give it, they can activate the phone on their account and then claim it stolen. I would just meet at a store or use swappa or something like that.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Don't give it out. This info is for the end buyer ONLY. I have sold literally hundreds of devices and this has always been my policy, even from the very start. Helps that I now have a good eBay rating. When I first got started, I stayed firm in this and probably lost some sale - but whatever.

First poster is right - just meet at a Sprint store if able (if local). If not, just find another buyer - there are many others out there.

EDIT: The screenshot idea is a good one, too....just blot out the numbers, or a portion.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...