Moto X 2015 "Pure Edition" [users thread]

nexuss4g

Motorola just announced pre-orders on Twitter

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

09c637adc9b88b8e6e2871a5b7afea50.jpg

Having problems posting? [emoji12] I still don't know if I want this phone or wait.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Having problems posting? [emoji12] I still don't know if I want this phone or wait.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I want it.  But I won't have the funds until next year, if I'm lucky.

You should start another donation drive.

Please, everyone, help out a poor site admin get a new handset.  If even 40 of you would pledge only $10 each, that suffering site admin could put in his preorder tomorrow.

AJ

• Like 1

Please, everyone, help out a poor site admin get a new handset.  If even 40 of you would pledge only $10 each, that suffering site admin could put in his preorder tomorrow.

AJ

Write it off as testing equipment!

Edited by AppleFanBoy

AJ

I certainly could not endorse something like that.  However, I don't recall ever turning down a gift before.   :clap:

• Like 2

I certainly could not endorse something like that. However, I don't recall ever turning down a gift before. :clap:

We should do what we did with last year's Moto X. Have people put in for it, have staff use it for tests and the like, and then choose one of the people who put up the initial monies to get it raffle-style.
  • Like 2

I want this phone, I'm going to wait for real world battery tests. I go to work at 3 am and cock out at 2 to 4 pm so I'd like a long lasting battery. 1 day a week I listen to music over headphones for a hour and half at most. Most reviews that I have read about the Play version say the camera is so-so, I'm not to worried about it as long as I takes decent pics and videos. And 1 question whay do you guess thing will be the usable memory for the 16gb version. My note has 32gb and my only s5 had 16gb, I know both(and they Pure) have a micro SD card but for apps that don't use memory card or system stuff, I like to keep it as empty. I've seen enough phones that have a update or a large app and not have enough internal space.

Sent from a Note 4

We should do what we did with last year's Moto X. Have people put in for it, have staff use it for tests and the like, and then choose one of the people who put up the initial monies to get it raffle-style.

We could try, but I doubt that we would get the same uptake.  Many of our members -- including the tech editor, yours truly -- will put in their own preorders tomorrow.  We know that 2015 Moto X will work on Sprint.  In fact, if ordered from Motorola, it can be kitted with a Sprint 4FF nano SIM in the box.  So, we will have no shortage of people testing out the new Moto X on Sprint.

Last year was a different story.  The 2014 Moto X looked like it was headed to Sprint, then became exclusive to Republic Wireless.  Almost no members except myself were willing to purchase in that situation -- because the chances of activation on Sprint were slim, and they did not want to add a line on Republic.  Still, members were interested enough in the possibility that they funded our experiment.

Staff has also talked about trying this funding/raffle campaign for every major handset released on or compatible with Sprint.  We could build up a large body of empirical RF testing, comparing dozens of current and past handsets.  It could also be the major source of donation funding for S4GRU, though that would probably require us to collect donations that total 25-50 percent more than each handset costs.  And with so many raffles, I wonder if S4GRU could garner some IRS scrutiny at some point.

AJ

• Like 1

On other recent Moto handsets, does anyone here have experience with the bamboo back plate?  Is the wood smooth and slippery?  Or does it possess decent grain and grip?

AJ

Now that I'm home and looking at phone, the more I want it which will then allow me to give my G3 to my mom which she can replace the Nexus 5 I gave her.

Most reviews that I have read about the Play version say the camera is so-so, I'm not to worried about it as long as I takes decent pics and videos.

I'm not too worried about the picture quality either. I don't take as much pics like my sister or buddies do, and I sure heck don't take videos.

• Like 1

It will be a tough choice between this phone and the new Nexus 5. I like the better camera and battery. For me it will come down to the cost of a 32GB n5 vs 32GB Moto X

My solution -- get both.

AJ

• Like 3

I'm Canadian. I would really like to use Moto Maker. But Motorola is seriously trolling us Canadians by not releasing the phone in Canada and requiring a US address and credit card to order online.

Is anyone aware of a reputable service I can use to purchase one online?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

So what time is this phone going to hurt my wallet today?

12pm CDT?

AJ