Market for old WiMax hardware?

MrZorbatron

If one wanted to get his hands on retired WiMax hardware, how would that be accomplished? My particular interest would be a couple of or a few sector antennas, not the radios themselves.

• Like 1

Probably one of the outfits that will be hired for decomissioning sometime later this year or next year.

Las Vegas and Portland area would be the major ones to look at since those Motorola markets will be 100% ripped out and replaced unlike the Huawei and Samsung markets which will predominately stay for a long time (Samsung) or for some time (Huawei one by one until they're all gone). 

• Like 2

If one wanted to get his hands on retired WiMax hardware, how would that be accomplished? My particular interest would be a couple of or a few sector antennas, not the radios themselves.

Same here!!

Probably one of the outfits that will be hired for decomissioning sometime later this year or next year.

Las Vegas and Portland area would be the major ones to look at since those Motorola markets will be 100% ripped out and replaced unlike the Huawei and Samsung markets which will predominately stay for a long time (Samsung) or for some time (Huawei one by one until they're all gone). 

Slow death!! just kidding

Didn't know there were any Samsung WiMAX markets. I thought all Samsung WiMAX hardware was deployed as LTE from day one, just keeping WiMAX as a secondary function.

Also, about a third of all WiMax Substantial Service Sites (Protection Sites) are Samsung.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Is there a list which shows OEM per market?

We don't have one but we have spotting guides for the equipment that easily distinguishes Huawei and Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 5

We don't have one but we have spotting guides for the equipment that easily distinguishes Huawei and Samsung.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Spotting guide for the WiMAX?  I must have missed that...

• Like 1

Have you tried Restoration WiMAX Hardware?  There are Yuppie stores in most major markets.

AJ

• Like 1

its a interesting topic...why would one want old wimax hardware ?

Souvenirs of a bygone era, garage wall adornment perhaps? Or some sort of crazy armchair engineering experiments...

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

its  a interesting topic...why would one want old wimax hardware ?

Wi ask Wi?  Take it to the MAX.

AJ

I work at a company called AirWay Technologies. We've been buying and selling Cell Site & Switching equipment for 20+ years. If you have specific part numbers I can run them through our database and let you know if we or any of our channel partners has any availability.

Mark

mark@airway.com