Sprint 2.5 install, added piece of equipment I don't recognize. Help!

Hey guys, first post, long time reader. I was looking at some sprint 2.5ghz installs yesterday and came across a piece of equipment i have never seen before. I have attached a pic, line to the equipment I couldn't identify.

Anyone seen it before? Knows what it is?

post-49376-0-43197400-1433444488_thumb.jpg

Almost looks like a GPS antenna

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

If it is a GPS antenna, why would one be needed on a fixed installation? Couldn't the site's coordinates be hard-coded into the software, assuming the site doesn't move? :-p

• Like 1

If it is a GPS antenna, why would one be needed on a fixed installation? Couldn't the site's coordinates be hard-coded into the software, assuming the site doesn't move? :-p

It's more for frequency timing/clock sync etc...

• Like 1

As part of the NV upgrades, Sprint had new GPS antennas installed. They are placed either on the shelter roof or the site pad with the RBS and BBS cabinets. I would guess that's a TMA

• Like 1

As part of the NV upgrades, Sprint had new GPS antennas installed. They are placed either on the shelter roof or the site pad with the RBS and BBS cabinets. I would guess that's a TMA

I believe that's what the crew here is installing. I'll have to take pictures when they are done. But that's pretty awesome :)