Google Nexus 5X by LG (codename "Bullhead")

PythonFanPA

I mean, it is 400mAh better than the current Nexus 5 and while it is less than the LG G4 (3000mAh) the screen resolution is also lower so it should see comparable battery life.

I do wish that Google would offer 32/64GB capacities rather than 16/32. I actually use the larger storage  :(

I don't understand why they'd add all of this SD card support in Marshmallow but not include an SD slot on their pure Android phone!!!  Once again I have to settle with these compromises.  Hopefully these leaks are just wrong, but they sound very believable.

• Like 2

I don't understand why they'd add all of this SD card support in Marshmallow but not include an SD slot on their pure Android phone!!!  Once again I have to settle with these compromises.  Hopefully these leaks are just wrong, but they sound very believable.

Maybe the rumored larger HUAIWEIEIEI phone will have SD support?

Agreed. Battery life should be more important these days than having a wafer thin phone.

Chubby chaser.

AJ

• Like 2

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-nexus-5x-release-price-leak-639306/

Perhaps the most important detail we gleaned from our source is the price of the Nexus 5X: the device will be affordable, but not as affordable as the original Nexus 5. The Nexus 5X will cost $50 more than the Nexus 5, according to our source. That means we can expect a starting point of $399 for the 16GB model and $449 for the 32GB model, assuming Google has decided to stick with 16GB for the base version.

So, same price as the Moto X Pure with a smaller size.

Pros for the Nexus 5x:  fingerprint reader, possibly better battery, USB-C, wireless charging 

Cons for the Nexus 5x: No expandable storage, Possibly worse Camera, lower resolution screen

This will be a hard choice. I will wait for the reviews for the Nexus 5x to come out but the early reviews for the Moto seem quite positive. $400 feels like too much for 16GB with no expandable storage. I was hoping to spend around $400 for the 32 GB model..

• Like 3

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out expandable storage. Google has backtracked on their sd card stance. I certainly wouldn't expect it either.

I'm trying to reason why the need for wireless charging AND USB type C.

The decision between the Motorola XPE and either Nexus is becoming difficult.

Anyone know if Motorola's UI features white or dark backgrounds?

• Like 1

All these LG Nexus rumors of the specs are changing all the time.  I can't wait for Google to just confirm the specs already.  I hope the battery is at least the 2700 maH rumored size but I was really hoping for 3000 maH.

All these LG Nexus rumors of the specs are changing all the time. I can't wait for Google to just confirm the specs already. I hope the battery is at least the 2700 maH rumored size but I was really hoping for 3000 maH.

I hope there is at least 3GB of memory, preferably 4. I read a spec sheet leak a day or two ago indicating 2GB and that'd be a deal killer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

I hope there is at least 3GB of memory, preferably 4. I read a spec sheet leak a day or two ago indicating 2GB and that'd be a deal killer.

Sent from my Nexus 5 CAF using Tapatalk

No way it will be 4 GB.  I think 3 GB is realistic and that is what I expect it to be.  2 GB RAM is not enough if you have a lot of apps running.

so I'll throw in my comments/thoughts:

• No expandable storage.  This is more of a reliability/security issue than anything else.  Move on people.  Argue the fact all you want.  This is a phone for most people and most usage senarios.  Want expandable storage?  Buy the LG G4.
  • Stop getting caught up in mah.  Look at how small the iPhone battery is... it's not about mah - it's about creating well optimized hardware/software and a form factor that feels great to hold.  It's designed around normal usage to be charged nightly.  Not enough for you?  Buy a LG G4.
  • 3GB is where it will ship.  Price/performance ratio people...

At the end of the day, this is a LG G4 derivative, which is a good thing.  The big wild card is the camera.  How much does LG want to protect their flagship camera performance from the downmarket nexus 5x?  I dunno... big wild card.

The LG G4 camera is quite good and gives the GS6 a nice run for its money (though I'll admit the post processing on the GS6 is just better).  Either way, the N5x is going to have a vastly superior camera over the N5 gvien how far LG has come with camera tech over the past two years.

Overall, this is a nice win for everyone.  On the plus side, anyone that wants the features of the LG G4, the price point on a used Sprint G4 is excellent.  I picked mine up off craigslist for 350 basically brand new.

For me personally, the LG G4 at 5.5" with a thin bezel is the limits on smartphone size, so the moto x is a no go for me.  That and moto's displays have historically been poorly calibrated and I wasn't all that impressed with the N6 camera...

Long story short, N5x for me.  It will be nice to finally retire my old N5.

• Like 2

Good bezel comparison from /r/Android https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/3l4io7/i_know_a_lot_of_us_are_worried_about_the_nexus_5x/

So I made a mockup based on the leaked dimensions and compared it with other 5.2 inch phones

http://imgur.com/VZk1ZB2

Also compared to Apple's new iPhones:

http://imgur.com/OYIczNL

Compared to other Nexus devices:

http://imgur.com/1cLMFeb

• Like 1

Probably way better RF performance, nexus devices have been shown to be better than the Samsung offering as a whole. 

I agree with most of the comments in that thread, bezels do not look that bad, however the overall shape of the LG Nexus 5 (original) look better to me personally. Not that the Nexus 5 X (2015) looks bad, it's just a little too oval shaped to be as nice as the original.

• Like 1

Any reason to dump a GS6 for the N5X, specs/performance wise? The Nexus is obviously the winner as far as software goes.

As for me, I'm keeping my S6E & getting the 2015 N5 as well. Sold my N5 2013 already & will be ordering the new one as soon as the preorder goes up. Gonna run it on AT&T again.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

My S4 w/ 16gb doesn't have enough memory to have all the apps I want. I assume in 2 years 32gb won't b enough either, I hope there is a 64bg version

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Interesting side note I just realized: If the rumored Nexus 5x camera spec is correct (Sony IMX278) then it is the same sensor in the Huawei P8 that had a full Anandtech review on it.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9260/the-huawei-p8-review

Camera review:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9260/the-huawei-p8-review/9

"Overall the P8 impressed a lot in low-light photography. I think it's safe to say that it beats the Galaxy S6 in most scenarios. The RGBW sensor seems to have paid off in that respect as the results speak for themselves.

However what makes a camera is more than just low-light photography, and while the P8 is able to hold its own among the best low-light shooters, it's the daylight scenes that are more concerning. Sony's RGBW IMX278 sensor just wasn't able to compete with a more traditional Bayer sensor when it comes to sheer detail in sufficiently lit conditions."