Dual Band MIMO deployment

It makes a lot more sense if this is basically warranty service being provided by Ericsson. I was operating under the impression that Sprint was paying for the swap when it would have been a much better investment to deploy band 41 and then worry about upgrading the band 25 equipment later.

• Like 1

So they have 2 antennas and are still running at least one in dual mode? Or are you referring to if they decide to add a second antenna to all sites for this? I would assume all high capacity sites have one antenna that's just LTE (and 4x2 MIMO) and another that's just CDMA?

Sent from my Nexus 6

Wait if they have two antennas, couldn't they run one on 1x/3G only and 4x2 MIMO LTE 1900 from the other?

With the upgrade, the new Ericsson radios are far superior and can broadcast at a higher power. Also, this will allow 4x2 MIMO. So really, this isn't so much about added CDMA capacity, it's just one benefit.

The first generation Ericsson NV radios were crap. Ericsson is basically having to switch them out free of charge. All this is bonus for Sprint to do this switch. The only thing is it should have been done this way from the beginning. So I'm not sure why people are against this.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

Will early adopters of LTE like Houston (that do not have spare spectrum for additional CDMA/LTE carriers) also see these radio replacements?
  • Like 1

Will early adopters of LTE like Houston (that do not have spare spectrum for additional CDMA/LTE carriers) also see these radio replacements?

Yup.