Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

I wonder if anyone outside of s4gru ordered any of these routers yet?

Sent from my Note 4.

People on the reddits probably. Doubt there could be more than a few thousand considering they basically stealth launched it. 

Just got off the phone with Advanced support. Was on the phone for 15 minutes or so, on hold for about 10. He said it was saying our account isn't eligible and he said he had 2 different supervisors try to override it. He said that because my Dad has a 27% discount from Wells Fargo that it's listing our account as a corporate account so we don't qualify. Not sure how that makes any sense.

Thoughts?

-Anthony

Just got off the phone with Advanced support. Was on the phone for 15 minutes or so, on hold for about 10. He said it was saying our account isn't eligible and he said he had 2 different supervisors try to override it. He said that because my Dad has a 27% discount from Wells Fargo that it's listing our account as a corporate account so we don't qualify. Not sure how that makes any sense.

Thoughts?

-Anthony

I have a 25% corporate discount and was able to order one. That's bizarre.

• Like 1

I have a 25% corporate discount and was able to order one. That's bizarre.

I'll try and call again tomorrow. I'm not too mad. After all, they are (possibly) giving me a free router. :)

-Anthony

Thoughts?

-Anthony

I have a 10% Credit Union discount, and had no issues ordering it. Now I can't wait to get home tomorrow and get it set up.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It would as long as all of your phones are wifi calling capable.

Sent from my Note 4.

Can anyone who has tried both comment on is WiFi calling better than airave-assisted calls for home use? I have the G2 with no WiFi calling but maybe this would be an improvement for my wife on the iPhone. Also am I correct I could get the router and then disable router on my cable company's modem gateway, so I could put the Airave in front of the router?

Can anyone who has tried both comment on is WiFi calling better than airave-assisted calls for home use? I have the G2 with no WiFi calling but maybe this would be an improvement for my wife on the iPhone. Also am I correct I could get the router and then disable router on my cable company's modem gateway, so I could put the Airave in front of the router?

I don't think they will let you keep both the airave and the router. They told me I had to pick one or the other when I called in yesterday. It's always worth a try though.

I don't think they will let you keep both the airave and the router. They told me I had to pick one or the other when I called in yesterday. It's always worth a try though.

I would probably take the router, the Airave is driving me crazy with all the troubleshooting. And can rationalize, even if the G2 doesn't get WiFi calling it's more important for the wife to have service at home since she is home more than I am... who am I kidding I just like new toys

I have both. Make sure the Airave is tied to a different than the primary line and it's fine it seems. My Airave is used by my parents and their home, wifi connect used at my house.

i have 2 airaves on my account and i got the wifi connect router no problem. the only time the subject of an airave even came up during the call was when i asked to confirm it was the asus wifi connect router and not an airave she was ordering me. 

I have both. Make sure the Airave is tied to a different than the primary line and it's fine it seems. My Airave is used by my parents and their home, wifi connect used at my house.

I ordered the WiFi connect without issue today, no mention of the Airave on the call. What a neat perk, I'll be excited to see how it works. I'm going to run a 100ft ethernet cable to chain my routers up and set up multiple access points, like a boss.

Just got mine set up. It appears there is no way to prioritize internet access by device. I know wifi calling is highest priority but I was hoping to be able to prioritize my Fire TV and Chromecast just below the wifi calling. If I'm missing it and someone figures out how to do it, let me know. 

Edit: I download the user manual for the ASUS RT-AC66u, which this router is based on. It appears Sprint removed the QoS options, which is why I couldn't find them. 

I have my home network completely set up now. It looks like the whole house now has good wifi, with one router at the front and one at the back of the house. :)

I put my second router in 5GHz only mode. I also connected my PS3 directly to that router so now I literally have only one device that needs 2.4GHz, and that's my Chromecast. Maybe Google will release a new one this year at I/O and I can shut off 2.4 completely to free up more bandwidth in my neighborhood. 2.4 is pretty full around me. 

One setup tip. If you leave Smart connect on, which is where it will automatically switch wifi bands, you can't pick the channel you want to use on either band. I had to disable that feature to be able to pick which wifi channels I wanted to use. The auto feature put my 5GHz band on the only occupied channel in my neighborhood. I guess auto doesn't work to find empty channels.

Just got mine set up. It appears there is no way to prioritize internet access by device. I know wifi calling is highest priority but I was hoping to be able to prioritize my Fire TV and Chromecast just below the wifi calling. If I'm missing it and someone figures out how to do it, let me know. 

Edit: I download the user manual for the ASUS RT-AC66u, which this router is based on. It appears Sprint removed the QoS options, which is why I couldn't find them. 

I have my home network completely set up now. It looks like the whole house now has good wifi, with one router at the front and one at the back of the house. :)

I put my second router in 5GHz only mode. I also connected my PS3 directly to that router so now I literally have only one device that needs 2.4GHz, and that's my Chromecast. Maybe Google will release a new one this year at I/O and I can shut off 2.4 completely to free up more bandwidth in my neighborhood. 2.4 is pretty full around me. 

One setup tip. If you leave Smart connect on, which is where it will automatically switch wifi bands, you can't pick the channel you want to use on either band. I had to disable that feature to be able to pick which wifi channels I wanted to use. The auto feature put my 5GHz band on the only occupied channel in my neighborhood. I guess auto doesn't work to find empty channels.

Is it possible to run this router in AP mode?

For those of you that have an Airave and had a WiFi Connect ordered, have you actually received them? When my replacement Airave 2.5+ came I had to call in to have the square footage increased on the new unit and was again told that it is one or the other on the account. It did not matter that I would be using them in two different locations. Mine was originally ordered but got auto denied by the system after the order was created and approved by the supervisor. I'm wondering what is making it so some accounts are able to have both and others aren't. I was told the non return fee of the router was $85 and is usually higher than the purchase price when it becomes available. I don't mind paying for the device, but they still wouldn't let me order it saying the system says order information coming soon.

For those of you that have an Airave and had a WiFi Connect ordered, have you actually received them? When my replacement Airave 2.5+ came I had to call in to have the square footage increased on the new unit and was again told that it is one or the other on the account. It did not matter that I would be using them in two different locations. Mine was originally ordered but got auto denied by the system after the order was created and approved by the supervisor. I'm wondering what is making it so some accounts are able to have both and others aren't. I was told the non return fee of the router was $85 and is usually higher than the purchase price when it becomes available. I don't mind paying for the device, but they still wouldn't let me order it saying the system says order information coming soon.

just checked my tracking # and mine says it was delivered. no idea why you are having such issues, i have 2 airaves on my account, both at different locations and not where i'll be using this wifi connect router. but as i said, the airave or where i was using this router never came up in the conversation, just called the number, asked for it, got put on hold while she checked with a supervisor, came back on and verified shipping address and email, and was done.

just checked my tracking # and mine says it was delivered. no idea why you are having such issues, i have 2 airaves on my account, both at different locations and not where i'll be using this wifi connect router. but as i said, the airave or where i was using this router never came up in the conversation, just called the number, asked for it, got put on hold while she checked with a supervisor, came back on and verified shipping address and email, and was done.

That's how my first call went. After a few days I noticed I hadn't received any email confirmation for order or tracking so I called back to find out why. After being placed on hold for about five minutes they came back and told me about only being allowed one or the other and the order got auto denied after it was placed and approved by the supervisor. I called back a couple other times and have been told the same thing, router or airave but not both.

Just got a UPS Delivery Notice that an attempt was made to deliver the router, but nobody was around to sign for it, so they put it back on the truck instead of leaving it for me to play with tonight. Grr.

I received mine yesterday...I have an Airave still. 

I still have devices that use the Airave and I even mentioned it to the guy, while ordering the wifi connect. The guy didn't put the order in through his system though, he had to send an email to get it ordered. The system wasn't setup at the time for him to order it.