Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Mine was scheduled for Friday delivery, and now that it shipped, it's been moved up to early delivery tomorrow! :)

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Mine is coming from Louisville. Should be here Thursday... Can't wait to get it set up! I'm selfishly thinking about creating a special network for my devices and running a line through to the AirPort Extreme for the family and our devices so I have that 802.11ac goodness all to myself. Lol

• Like 3

I noticed I hadn't gotten email for the WiFi Connect. I called support back and was told the router got declined because I had an Airave, and the offer was one or the other but not both. Looks like until Android gets native Sprint WiFi calling built in I won't be able to get one of these. I was also told that I was not even able to purchase one.

I just got my shipping confirmation. :)

Sent from my Note 4.

I dont know what happened to mine. I guess it was sent to the old email address I told the rep to change.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's an asus router... Rebranded. So any device that supports 2.4/5ghz.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes I know I have the older generation. I'm wondering if I can have one if I have the nexus 6 or must I get a different phone.

Yes I know I have the older generation. I'm wondering if I can have one if I have the nexus 6 or must I get a different phone.

U must have a wifi calling device on your account..

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm selfishly thinking about creating a special network for my devices and running a line through to the AirPort Extreme for the family and our devices so I have that 802.11ac goodness all to myself.

Take some words of wisdom from Jim Gaffigan:

When I was single, I never really saw myself as a family man, but now that I'm married and I have two beautiful children, it's really made me appreciate being alone.

AJ

• Like 5

I noticed I hadn't gotten email for the WiFi Connect. I called support back and was told the router got declined because I had an Airave, and the offer was one or the other but not both. Looks like until Android gets native Sprint WiFi calling built in I won't be able to get one of these. I was also told that I was not even able to purchase one.

'

That's weird...I got shipping confirmation for mine. I have an Airave 2.5+ on my account (not used for primary line and also used at a different than primary address, which Sprint was ok with). So maybe since it's for different lines, they are ok with me having both?

On a side note...I wonder why Sprint went with the AC66U instead of the AC68U. The difference between the two models is minimal (I like the design for cables of the AC68U better, but that isn't a deal breaker by any means). Seems like a good opportunity for John Leger and his Twitter entourage to blast Sprint again. lol

• Like 1

if anyone should have gotten denied it should have been me, i'm well over the "10 line maximum" an account can have. I have 9 phone lines, 1 tablet, and 2 airaves on my account and i had no issues ordering this wifi connect router. Got my shipping info last night and it should be here thursday.

i had a coworker call yesterday and they wouldn't let him get one, they told him he didn't have the offer tied to his account? The only thing i can think of is he has never activated wifi calling on his line and i have on mine.

if anyone should have gotten denied it should have been me, i'm well over the "10 line maximum" an account can have. I have 9 phone lines, 1 tablet, and 2 airaves on my account and i had no issues ordering this wifi connect router. Got my shipping info last night and it should be here thursday.

i had a coworker call yesterday and they wouldn't let him get one, they told him he didn't have the offer tied to his account? The only thing i can think of is he has never activated wifi calling on his line and i have on mine.

Yep, if your friend turns on their WiFi calling under services, they'll likely send them a router.

Sent from my M8

'

That's weird...I got shipping confirmation for mine. I have an Airave 2.5+ on my account (not used for primary line and also used at a different than primary address, which Sprint was ok with). So maybe since it's for different lines, they are ok with me having both?

On a side note...I wonder why Sprint went with the AC66U instead of the AC68U. The difference between the two models is minimal (I like the design for cables of the AC68U better, but that isn't a deal breaker by any means). Seems like a good opportunity for John Leger and his Twitter entourage to blast Sprint again. lol

I was told its based off the account. I may try to purchase my Airave and then see if I can get the router. My ISP provided router is already better in every way except for the WiFi calling qos stuff which is the only reason I was interested in it. I suspect a lot of people are calling about it because they want a free router, not because they actually need it. I have one phone other than my nexus 5 that doesn't support WiFi calling, I may just upgrade that and send back the airave for the router. I can deal with using hangouts VoIP, but I don't want my family having issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was told its based off the account. I may try to purchase my Airave and then see if I can get the router. My ISP provided router is already better in every way except for the WiFi calling qos stuff which is the only reason I was interested in it. I suspect a lot of people are calling about it because they want a free router, not because they actually need it. I have one phone other than my nexus 5 that doesn't support WiFi calling, I may just upgrade that and send back the airave for the router. I can deal with using hangouts VoIP, but I don't want my family having issues.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Yeah, the QOS for wifi calling improvement is much needed. I have 50/50Mbps FiOS, but since we don't have cable, there is sometimes 2-3 streams going, amongst other things...so the wifi calling was getting choppy. Hoping this improves the experience.

'

Sprint is practically giving away free routers.

Tmobile owns the router no matter what unless you pay for it and you have to give it back to tmobile if you leave tmobile service.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Took a few calls - one to the number a few pages earlier and they said I wasn't eligible, one to the regular customer support 1-5-5-5 number and they tried to teach me how to enable WiFi calling, and finally back to the number a few pages back and they said they got it all submitted.  Thanks for the tips and phone numbers everyone!

Tmobile owns the router no matter what unless you pay for it and you have to give it back to tmobile if you leave tmobile service.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Excellent point I hadn't thought of!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Have anyone found anything relating to ownership? Do we own the device or does Sprint still own it?

I remember seeing a post earlier in this thread about the user owning the device after a year but don't recall seeing anything to back that up.

Sent from my Note 4.

Have anyone found anything relating to ownership? Do we own the device or does Sprint still own it?

I remember seeing a post earlier in this thread about the user owning the device after a year but don't recall seeing anything to back that up.

Sent from my Note 4.

http://sprint.com/global/pdf/user_guides/sprint/wi_fi_conect/sprint_wi_fi_connect_by_asus_tg.pdf

Ownership of Equipment: Sprint will retain ownership of the Equipment for the first full year after you order it. If your Sprint wireless service account remains active with Sprint beyond one year, there is no charge applied for the router at any point, and ownership of the Equipment transfers to you. If, within one year of receiving the Equipment, your Sprint wireless service is discontinued or terminated for any reason, you may either (1) choose to return the Equipment to Sprint, or (2) keep the Equipment and pay the Equipment Fee.

Just got a phone call from home that mine arrived, and I will get home tomorrow or Friday to get it.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1