Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Just called the advanced network support. They insisted I was talking about the Airave. :(

I had him look up the model number, no dice. Guess I'll try again later.

Sent from my M8

I hope you aren't telling them it's an asus router. It's called the wifi connect.. Or sp-ac2015

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

I got a order email not too long ago as well.

I got my order information, too. Said it was going to ship today... Which is awesome, if true.

I hope you aren't telling them it's an asus router. It'd called the wifi connect.. Or sp-ac2015

Sent from my Nexus 5

The item# is "ASUSWIFICO"

The item description is "WI-FI CONNECT 802.11AC"

Confirmation email:

5d9e0dbfa196f70cf732d2b402882560.jpg

I hope you aren't telling them it's an asus router.

And if you are from the South, just be careful with your pronunciation.  Do not call in and ask for an "Asses rooter."

:P

AJ

• Like 7

The item# is "ASUSWIFICO"

The item description is "WI-FI CONNECT 802.11AC"

Confirmation email:

URGHH.. no email notification for me.. yet. Rep did say later today or tomorow so .. blegh. 

I hope you aren't telling them it's an asus router. It'd called the wifi connect.. Or sp-ac2015

Sent from my Nexus 5

Called back, told them I wanted the WiFi Connect. I now have it ordered and it will be coming to my house in the next few days...sweet.

Sent from my M8

so let me get this straight, i can call up this number and because i have a wifi calling enabled phone on my account they will send me this Asus AC1750 router for free??? and the only difference being that it has a sprint specific firmware on it that has QOS to prioritize wifi calls? any other catches or anything i'm missing?

• Like 1

so let me get this straight, i can call up this number and because i have a wifi calling enabled phone on my account they will send me this Asus AC1750 router for free??? and the only difference being that it has a sprint specific firmware on it that has QOS to prioritize wifi calls? any other catches or anything i'm missing?

No catch. Straight forward.

• Like 2

I just tried the number and had no luck. I will try again tomorrow. The person I talked to said it was saying coming soon in her system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by AppleFanBoy

1-866-556-7310 must be the magic number.  They are sending me a return kit for my Airave 2.0 (piece of junk :P) and shipping the WiFi Connect out right away.  Should have it in 3-5 business days.

Mine didn't ship yesterday. Hopefully it will today.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Update, my tracking info was emailed to me at 2:56am my time. It's being sent UPS 3 day select. I'll have it by Friday. I should be back home before Friday, too.

• Like 1

I just called and spoke to an American call center (first time in a while). The guy had it ordered in less than 5 minutes. That has to be my quickest call ever to Sprint. He said I should have it in 2-3 business days. Now that is service. 

I'm sure most here are competent in setting up a home network but just a reminder for those who are getting this to use a second wifi router in your house, this router needs to be the main router (the one that is connected directly to your modem) in order to take advantage of the wifi calling prioritization. 

I have some wiring to do, but I plan on using the new Sprint router as my main router, and then use my current router (Linksys EA6350) as a secondary access point on the other side of my house. I also have a Netgear Extender (EX6100) that I will probably use as an access point in a bedroom in our basement. I wish I could run 5GHz only but with the Chromecast I have, I still need to use 2.4GHz for that. It's my only device that I need it for. As soon as Google comes out with a Chromecast 2, I might be able to retire the 2.4 network, which is highly congested in my neighborhood.  

• Like 2

One phone on my account is in a dead spot area, so they have an Airave at their house. Would Sprint still send me the wifi router for my house and let me keep the Airave for a different location?

I honestly could probably ditch the Airave, but it works really well in the house and the 3G speeds over it are usually around 2.5Mbps. I guess I should go over there and get them (parents) with wifi calling and just ditch the Airave. The problem is the iPhone still needs to be connected to Sprint for SMS/MMS, so it might drain the battery if its searching for a signal.

EDIT: Decided to just call...they have no issue with you keeping an Airave on one line, and a wifi connect for other lines. Took literally 3 minutes to call and have it ordered...super easy! A person answered the phone as well, no hold/wait queue.

No confirmation email or whatever for me.....

SoonTM

(Even though I violently oppose your purported "trademark", I just couldn't resist!!!) :D

• Like 2

SoonTM

(Even though I violently oppose your purported "trademark", I just couldn't resist!!!) :D

It is soon™ because they sent the email off to lala land. I chatted with the support and confirmed its ordered and shipped.. :)

• Like 2

One phone on my account is in a dead spot area, so they have an Airave at their house. Would Sprint still send me the wifi router for my house and let me keep the Airave for a different location?

I honestly could probably ditch the Airave, but it works really well in the house and the 3G speeds over it are usually around 2.5Mbps. I guess I should go over there and get them (parents) with wifi calling and just ditch the Airave. The problem is the iPhone still needs to be connected to Sprint for SMS/MMS, so it might drain the battery if its searching for a signal.

EDIT: Decided to just call...they have no issue with you keeping an Airave on one line, and a wifi connect for other lines. Took literally 3 minutes to call and have it ordered...super easy! A person answered the phone as well, no hold/wait queue.

I just called the same number again and the guy said it would not be available for 1-2 weeks but that I qualify for one. He said he was in the Florida call center. WTH!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c0796956b14e82886af407983ac1e8d0.jpg

Well they didn't waste any time.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Mine was scheduled for Friday delivery, and now that it shipped, it's been moved up to early delivery tomorrow! :)