• HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!  :welc2:

marioc21

Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

If you own the router already. I highly suggest asuswrt merlin firmware

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

If you own the router already. I highly suggest asuswrt merlin firmware

I was thinking of trying some of the open source stuff, not just Merlin.  However, I only use these as APs.  Im trying to figure out what goodies these things get with the open source.  Does Merlin have anything extra when in AP mode only, even if it is just repoting/logs?

I've been having to reboot this router about once a week because WiFi craps out and all my devices stop authenticating. It's still broadcasting, but nothing connects. Has anyone else been running into this or know a fix? Between that and the stock firmware hard limiting my internet speed to ~90Mbps I may just send this thing back. I had high hopes for this router and WiFi calling at home but neither seem to work very well for me.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I've been having to reboot this router about once a week because WiFi craps out and all my devices stop authenticating. It's still broadcasting, but nothing connects. Has anyone else been running into this or know a fix? Between that and the stock firmware hard limiting my internet speed to ~90Mbps I may just send this thing back. I had high hopes for this router and WiFi calling at home but neither seem to work very well for me.

You pretty much own it by now.

Follow the steps for changing it to stock asus firmware and the flash asus merlin onto it.

Set it to auto reboot late at night every few days.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Get it replaced. I've had my original one replaced by Sprint when it stopped working.

Mine has become very flaky recently. The instructions I found on small net builder look a little intimidating, but not overwhelming. Is there any easier method that doesn't involve hex editors?

Not that I know of. The instructions are great. I spent 15 minutes on it half a sleep when I did mine.

• Like 1

Not that I know of. The instructions are great. I spent 15 minutes on it half a sleep when I did mine.

Can you point me in the right direction for this?

On related note, does anyone have any experience connecting a Google Home through this router? I have tried everything I can think of to get my Google Home to connect and it won't work. I can see the WiFi just fine, appears to connect but once the setup is complete, google is "unable to find your device on this network." I have followed all of the trouble shooting advice and even spent nearly an hour on the phone with Google support and cannot get it to work.

In this response to Dkoellerwx, it's for swapping the firmware but do you know if switching will allow the Google Home?   

Thanks for the link out regardless. 

• Like 1

Will these routers be updated cause of the new WPA bug?

Will these routers be updated cause of the new WPA bug?
Doubtful. I think Sprint has basically written them off at this point. Clients being updated is more important than the AP, at least in a typical home use case.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well I guess this is the point where we finally switch to the Asus firmware.... 

• Like 2