Sprint Home Wifi Router [Wi-Fi Connect][Asus AC66u]

marioc21

Just called to try and get one and I was told my account doesn't show qualified for the wifi router, only the Airave. Bit disappointed with all these reports of people being able to get one with ease.

You must have devices with the WiFi calling feature turned on, active on your account. 

• Like 1

Call again.

I will try and call again. I first need to deny receiving the Airave the lady ordered for me and said was unable to cancel. She asked me some questions and then went on filling out stuff and went to give me details on what I should do once the device gets here and never told me what it was she was sending me so I asked and she told me I don't qualify for the router and I told her I don't need an Airave.

You must have devices with the WiFi calling feature turned on, active on your account. 

I do. I have the iphone 6 plus with wifi calling turned on. It is also turned on within my account.

I will try and call again. I first need to deny receiving the Airave the lady ordered for me and said was unable to cancel. She asked me some questions and then went on filling out stuff and went to give me details on what I should do once the device gets here and never told me what it was she was sending me so I asked and she told me I don't qualify for the router and I told her I don't need an Airave.

I do. I have the iphone 6 plus with wifi calling turned on. It is also turned on within my account.

If they can't cancel it then ask them to send you a pre paid return kit.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

When I first spoke to the lady, I told her I was calling to ask if I qualified for the Sprint Connect router and she started asking some questions. I belive the miscommunication came when she asked if I ever had trouble connecting to the network and I told her that my phone and my cable modem will have times where they don't get along and I will get disconnected from the wifi and if I'm on a phone call, it gets dropped. The purpose for the Sprint Connect router is to enable better and more reliable connection to the wifi with the phones is it not?

If they can't cancel it then ask them to send you a pre paid return kit.

she told me to just deny the package when it came in so that it gets returned to sender

He does. IPhone 6.

WiFi calling has to be active on the account. Not just a WiFi calling capable device. He got what I was saying.

The purpose for the Sprint Connect router is to enable better and more reliable connection to the wifi with the phones is it not?

It prioritizes WiFi Calling data packets. It doesn't necessarily give you a better WiFi connection. Although it is a very good router, so it may improve your WiFi coverage somewhat if you have an older router.

WiFi calling has to be active on the account. Not just a WiFi calling capable device. He got what I was saying.

It prioritizes WiFi Calling data packets. It doesn't necessarily give you a better WiFi connection. Although it is a very good router, so it may improve your WiFi coverage somewhat if you have an older router.

I figured that much. Just didn't know if you saw he had a phone which had that ability.

Airave came in last night, taking it back to UPS to return

I tried calling today and was told that these are in a "trial period" and that she was not able to send any out at this time. She then offered an airave...

I called the 866-556-7310 number mentioned a few pages back and the guy I spoke with said I don't have the offer listed on my account, but that we would put in a request for the device anyways and would get back with me in 1-3 hours if I get denied. He verified my information and said if I get approved, he will simply ship the device. Phone call took all of 6 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got this router, I've had issues with VPNs running on my iPhone. whenever I'm connected to this router my speeds will not go above 0.40Mbps. Yet when I'm connected to my old router, the speeds will be normal. But the same VPN service will work fine on my computer. Does anybody have any suggestions for me? The VPNs I use all run with IPSec if that matters at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my router today, currently forced to use it as an access point because I'm on FiOS and still need to make the call to be switched over to Ethernet - is there anyone here who knows how to set up QoS for wifi calling? Need a temporary fix 

Just got my router today, currently forced to use it as an access point because I'm on FiOS and still need to make the call to be switched over to Ethernet - is there anyone here who knows how to set up QoS for wifi calling? Need a temporary fix

QOS for wifi calling is built in to the custom software.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive been forgetting to call...

Called right now. Total call time was under ten minutes, including phone menus!

I simply said "I was told I might qualify for a wifi router due to service issues" and he knew exactly what to do. Said Id get it in 48 hours AND he said he took off $40 from my bill due to the call service issues! (I didnt ask at all)

Very good phone customer service experience.

• Like 2

Which do you guys think is more reliable, the Airrave or the WiFi router. My phone has trouble keeping the WiFi Calling feature active all the time. Sometimes it says....enabling WiFi calling for an awful long time, but that is on my home router. Seems like the Airrave is a bit more reliable.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Edited by techfranz

WiFi calling had been bad on my G3. Frequently says it can't connect, mms doesn't work over text for me. Those are the two biggest issues. I'm lucky enough to live next to a B41 site so I don't need it and can't imagine relying on it. I would go Airrave if I needed home coverage.

WiFi calling had been bad on my G3. Frequently says it can't connect, mms doesn't work over text for me. Those are the two biggest issues. I'm lucky enough to live next to a B41 site so I don't need it and can't imagine relying on it. I would go Airrave if I needed home coverage.

Have you tried lately? WiFi calling was down for a couple of days, but since it came back it has been working much better. I never really had an issue with it on my G3.

MMS doesn't work with WiFi calling right now as far as I know. It has to be sent over the network.

I think Wi-Fi calling has been working better the past few days as well. Here is what I am thinking. What if I set up the Asus Wi-Fi router from Sprint and Airrave and if Wi-Fi calling Goes Down the Airrave will pick up the coverage. Basically the Wi-Fi router would handle the main calling and the Airrave would be a fallback and support any non Wi-Fi calling handsets and handle the MMS through the Airrave.

Which do you guys think is more reliable, the Airrave or the WiFi router. My phone has trouble keeping the WiFi Calling feature active all the time. Sometimes it says....enabling WiFi calling for an awful long time, but that is on my home router. Seems like the Airrave is a bit more reliable.

The airave is hands down way more reliable. However, if you have a triband handset and get any LTE at home you need to put the phone in 3G only mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The airave is hands down way more reliable. However, if you have a triband handset and get any LTE at home you need to put the phone in 3G only mode.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say its reliable. I've gone through at least 5 over the last 3 years. It works great when you have just a basic phone.

Router is great so far for me.