lilotimz

T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

1 hour ago, Arysyn said:

T-Mobile has become better around here since the initial introduction of BingeOn and the all-unlimited plans. However still not excellent quite yet. I've had some issues at an outdoor mall I've gone to a few times recently, but I'm not sure its necessarily the network. I definitely need a new phone - waiting for the Sony XZ2 Premium, so it may be the limitations of the Microsoft Lumia 950xl I'm still using, grudgingly.

Well what phone do you have? If it doesn't support the latest LTE bands then you're obviously going to suffer.

4 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Well what phone do you have? If it doesn't support the latest LTE bands then you're obviously going to suffer.

That is what I'm figuring it might be, but I'm not sure. I have the Microsoft Lumia 950xl, which when I bought it there were still some small chance of better support from Microsoft than what there is now. Thankfully I got it at a great price brand new around $300 from B&H, which at the time was well worth it. Now I'm not so sure its even worth $200. The Honor 7x at $200 probably is a better deal actually.

2 minutes ago, Arysyn said:

That is what I'm figuring it might be, but I'm not sure. I have the Microsoft Lumia 950xl, which when I bought it there were still some small chance of better support from Microsoft than what there is now. Thankfully I got it at a great price brand new around $300 from B&H, which at the time was well worth it. Now I'm not so sure its even worth $200. The Honor 7x at $200 probably is a better deal actually.

Well get a phone that is band 12 capable

Need help identifying this one. I’d normally assume T-Mobile but the middle panel is unfamiliar to me, not sure if that’s massive MIMO or something else.
n3dDH6Q.jpg

4 hours ago, gusherb said:

Need help identifying this one. I’d normally assume T-Mobile but the middle panel is unfamiliar to me, not sure if that’s massive MIMO or something else.
n3dDH6Q.jpg

It seems like it might be Verizon.

T-Mobile released RCS UP 1.0 to users of the GS7 and GS7 Edge and a lot of folks feel like they've been mislead. There is no carrier interoperability and it only works on 2 devices right now. They basically gave two devices the bare minimum so that they could meet the deadline that they set for themselves.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

T-Mobile released RCS UP 1.0 to users of the GS7 and GS7 Edge and a lot of folks feel like they've been mislead. There is no carrier interoperability and it only works on 2 devices right now. They basically gave two devices the bare minimum so that they could meet the deadline that they set for themselves.

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. I don't know why everyone wants it so much. So many people have iPhones and Apple will probably never support RCS.

What people should be really hyped about is Android Web Messages. It's a really awesome feature and a lot better than iMessage when it comes to computer support. With such a huge leap in messaging accessibility, I don't know why people are so hung up on RCS. 

Edited by greenbastard

Just now, greenbastard said:

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. Don't know why everyone likes it so much when so many people have iPhones that will probably never support RCS.

What people should be really hyped about is Android Web Messages. It's a really awesome feature and a lot better than iMessage when it comes to computer support. With such a huge leap in messaging accessibility, I don't know why people are so hung up on RCS. 

Because RCS is better than SMS in every way. Why wouldn't I be hyped about it? Super high character limit, being able to send larger files, read receipts, typing indicators, etc. Until RCS is standard across Android devices and carriers, Apple will never implement it. So it's in everyone's best interest to want RCS deployed as quick and as wide as possible.

Web Messaging is great too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Because RCS is better than SMS in every way. Why wouldn't I be hyped about it? Super high character limit, being able to send larger files, read receipts, typing indicators, etc. Until RCS is standard across Android devices and carriers, Apple will never implement it. So it's in everyone's best interest to want RCS deployed as quick and as wide as possible.

Web Messaging is great too.

>43% of American users have an iPhone. RCS will just become another fragmented messaging solution that is hurt by the division of Android and iOS users. We're better off pushing for cross-platform messaging services such as Telegram or WhatsApp.

I'll get exited once Apple adopts RCS. Until then, big ol' meh.

Another apple follower , I can't wait until they deploy it on every phone!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, greenbastard said:

>43% of American users have an iPhone. RCS will just become another fragmented messaging solution that is hurt by the division of Android and iOS users. We're better off pushing for cross-platform messaging services such as Telegram or WhatsApp.

Apple won't adopt RCS until it become the main form of messaging in the U.S. on Android devices. RCS is not an OTT messaging platform. It, like SMS, is built into the default messenger so most people will be using it without even knowing. If OTT messaging services were the solution to the messaging problems that the U.S. has, everyone would be messaging via FB Messenger, WhatsApp, or Telegram already, but that isn't the case. What we need is better SMS.

No one is the U.S. wants to download an app to message anybody. Allo proved that. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greenbastard said:

RCS also allows Android users and developers access to things like chat bots,  and business messaging.  As another user said, Apple won't adopt RCS until the only sms messages being sent are between Android users and Apple users.  Currently, it is supported by 55 mobile operators.  It is in everyones best interest for it be available on all carriers so it does not turn into a fragmented mess. 

I'm not sure what T-Mobile is doing but it doesn't really seem they are as actively trying to get RCS enabled for it's users as they say.  Sprint did it in 12 weeks.  T-Mobile has apparently been working on it for over a 100 weeks and can only launch on two devices so far.

9 hours ago, greenbastard said:

Meh. RCS is a pretty useless feature without iPhone support. I don't know why everyone wants it so much. So many people have iPhones and Apple will probably never support RCS.

Well, this is why people use programs such as Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp.  Because their friends use it gives them RCS like capabilities, while being able to import their "low class" SMS messages.  

It isn't really worthless when more than half the USA market uses Android.  iPhone has even less share around the world.  For example the Chinese market share for Android is almost 75% whose market is 3x larger than the USA. So yeah, RCS is a big deal. 
Many other apps support RCS, such as VZW messaging, but have yet to implement the universal profile.