lilotimz

T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

I think it would be great if Sprint could pick some spectrum in the CBRS band—I could definitely see their NR network being primarily 2.5/3.5 GHz. Additionally, if CBRS spectrum were used for NR with massive MIMO, it would be a good overlay for the L1900 grid as it would have comparable coverage/range. 

Your point about roaming is definitely true too. It would be nice for us to roam in other countries on the same band as back home; additionally, with spectrum that lines up with international providers, Sprint may be able to break into the US international roaming market (which AT&T and T-Mobile primarily dominate today). 

1 hour ago, Fraydog said:

As it is, it’s time for Sprint to be active in spectrum auctions again. mmWave and CBRS are all needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

In the interview that Sprint's new CFO did today, he said that Sprint is content with what it has right now and doesn't see itself buying mmWave but if spectrum comes up for auction (non mmWave), Sprint will consider it. I think that's good news!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

In the interview that Sprint's new CFO did today, he said that Sprint is content with what it has right now and doesn't see itself buying mmWave but if spectrum comes up for auction (non mmWave), Sprint will consider it. I think that's good news!

Hmm...spectrum that could come up for auction that isn’t mmWave...wonder what that could be 😏…

17 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Hmm...spectrum that could come up for auction that isn’t mmWave...wonder what that could be 😏…

Sorry... what would it be?

2 hours ago, RedSpark said:

According to FierceWireless Ajit Pai mentioned earlier this year that he is trying to auction off 28Ghz spectrum this November and that in the coming months he "intends to propose the next steps needed to make the 3.7 to 4.2 GHz band available for commercial terrestrial use"

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RedSpark said:

cmWave of course ;) .

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, Fraydog said:

Isn’t Sprint faster in Chicago? I have friends up there and they seem to be saying Sprint has been faster there for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about my late reply. My online reading S4GRU has been very limited the past few months.

Sprint has been advertising using Schaumburg in their Chicago speed test examples. While I'm sure Sprint service in Schaumburg has improved throughout the past few years since I had Sprint, I was very impressed by it in Schaumburg back then, just not so much in some other areas. By now it looks like Sprint is doing really well around here, which is good.

Sorry about my late reply. My online reading S4GRU has been very limited the past few months.
Sprint has been advertising using Schaumburg in their Chicago speed test examples. While I'm sure Sprint service in Schaumburg has improved throughout the past few years since I had Sprint, I was very impressed by it in Schaumburg back then, just not so much in some other areas. By now it looks like Sprint is doing really well around here, which is good.
T-Mobile has some Wicked speeds.3239ecaedb78f36a70eb47fedd177b0e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

All of these speedtests by all of these carriers are great. What I am looking for is consistent coverage and consistent speeds. It does not help me if in one spot it's 150Mbits and then in another 3G. I would be perfectly happy if it was consistently between 10-20Mbits throughout the coverage area.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2018 at 11:33 AM, bigsnake49 said:

All of these speedtests by all of these carriers are great. What I am looking for is consistent coverage and consistent speeds. It does not help me if in one spot it's 150Mbits and then in another 3G. I would be perfectly happy if it was consistently between 10-20Mbits throughout the coverage area.

T-Mobile just upgraded the only stealth site in town and gave it tri band lte...4X4 MIMO and 256 QAM...the signal at the coverage edge is a bit dirty but it works none the less.

10 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

TMobile has a gotten good..

Screenshot_20180407-030305_Speedtest.jpg

I like that ping. 

I like that ping. 
Yeah the thing is really low which is amazing. It used to be in the mid-forties about a year ago. So they've gotten better.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sigh...

Sigh...

What's the problem?

What's the problem?

Those speeds are making me envious lol. We are still waiting on a site they've been meaning to build for quite sometime, till then we can't expect those nice speeds.

Those speeds are making me envious lol. We are still waiting on a site they've been meaning to build for quite sometime, till then we can't expect those nice speeds.

Well the speeds aren't like that all over town and it's really only at night when the network is unloaded

• Like 1

Well at times we can reach 20 between midnight and 6am. Other areas do pretty good despite the spectrum constraints in the Cincinnati market.

Well at times we can reach 20 between midnight and 6am. Other areas do pretty good despite the spectrum constraints in the Cincinnati market.

Yes I understand where you're coming from is only 55 mega Hertz total over here

• Like 1

Yes I understand where you're coming from is only 55 mega Hertz total over here

Once they flip the switch on our 5mhz of B66 here in the area(which I hope it's soon) it should help.

Once they flip the switch on our 5mhz of B66 here in the area(which I hope it's soon) it should help.

TMobile has come a very long way here but they still have a long way to go and terms of coverage and actual overall signal strength.

• Like 1