T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

1 minute ago, danlodish345 said:

There is only a few phones that support it. The one I have is the lgv30.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Yeah, so far no stand alone radios have it either. I don't have one I can build into a modem.

Yeah, so far no stand alone radios have it either. I don't have one I can build into a modem.
Yeah I'm wondering when those will come out. I'm waiting for T-Mobile to start testing here.

3 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Yeah I'm wondering when those will come out. I'm waiting for T-Mobile to start testing here.

Next year. The em7565 I just picked up supports all the current bands and has 5GHz LTE, Cat-12. I am gonna wait for new radio 600MHz before I go dump 200 more bucks on a chip.

The timeline everyone is saying seems like new radio 600MHz will be in a flagship by end of year and L600 should have aggregation and be available in mid range phones then as well. 
Four carrier aggregation. I believe the new S9 has four carrier aggregation.

Considering the excellent Sprint reports here in Chicago, I'd really like to switch to Sprint, but the phone selection still is looking quite limited this year until VoLTE comes around with DMA going away, allowing customers to purchase any unlocked phone and switching to whichever carrier they choose. I'm set on getting the flagship Sony phone this year, so its looking like I'll either have to stay with T-Mobile, or else go back to AT&T. Anyways, S4GRU is helpful with the Sprint updates regarding the network, and if anything changes allowing me to use an unlocked phone on Sprint, I'll switch.

Isn’t Sprint faster in Chicago? I have friends up there and they seem to be saying Sprint has been faster there for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn’t Sprint faster in Chicago? I have friends up there and they seem to be saying Sprint has been faster there for a while.

Doesn't T-Mobile have less Spectrum in Chicago than they do elsewhere?

Doesn't T-Mobile have less Spectrum in Chicago than they do elsewhere?

12 MHz 700
30 MHz PCS
30 MHz AWS
30 MHz B71
0 MHz B66

There are larger markets with less spectrum like St. Louis for example.

12 MHz 700
30 MHz PCS
30 MHz AWS
30 MHz B71
0 MHz B66

There are larger markets with less spectrum like St. Louis for example.

Where I live in New Jersey there's only 51 megahertz is Spectrum available.

2 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

Do they have any band 46 in central New Jersey?

Its LAA, saw a post on Reddit. Its pushing over 300Mbps.  Not sure if LAA is nationwide or New Jersey. 

Its LAA, saw a post on Reddit. Its pushing over 300Mbps.  Not sure if LAA is nationwide or New Jersey. 
Yeah I'm going to have to look it up somehow.

On 3/3/2018 at 5:24 PM, bucdenny said:

it uses carrier aggregation of both the 5GHZ band, yep the same band that WiFi uses and a licensed LTE band. The licensed part is used for control signals. The 5GHz band is shared with WiFi users and other carriers that decide to implement LAA. If nobody else is using it it is capable of vast amounts of bandwidth. If everybody else is using as well the available bandwidth goes down precipitously!

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 1

it uses carrier aggregation of both the 5GHZ band, yep the same band that WiFi uses and a licensed LTE band. The licensed part is used for control signals. The 5GHz band is shared with WiFi users and other carriers that decide to implement LAA. If nobody else is using it it is capable of vast amounts of bandwidth. If everybody else is using as well the available bandwidth goes down precipitously!

It's not being deployed Nationwide?

I thought tmobile came out and said that their 5G for now will be hotspot areas in cities.

I thought tmobile came out and said that their 5G for now will be hotspot areas in cities.

I'm talking about LAA... I don't see that as a 5th generation upgrade.

4 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

In order to deploy nationwide it would require vast numbers of small cells. I predict that it will redeployed at least initially in stadiums, malls, large buildings, box stores, etc. T-Mobile will have to share the spectrum with other carriers and cable cos that have an advantage in that they can use strand mounted small cells.

In order to deploy nationwide it would require vast numbers of small cells. I predict that it will redeployed at least initially in stadiums, malls, large buildings, box stores, etc. T-Mobile will have to share the spectrum with other carriers and cable cos that have an advantage in that they can use strand mounted small cells.
But phone carriers will not get priority?

I'm talking about LAA... I don't see that as a 5th generation upgrade.

I thought they said they were using their 600, mmwave and LAA for their 5G buildout? But because of what they have it will be hotspots around the city (high traffic locations) I could have misheard them.

I thought they said they were using their 600, mmwave and LAA for their 5G buildout? But because of what they have it will be hotspots around the city (high traffic locations) I could have misheard them.

They are only using part of the 600 megahertz they have for 5G.. T-Mobile only has 10 megahertz I'll 600 megahertz for my area. LAA may be rolled out here sooner. I'm not totally sure.

They are only using part of the 600 megahertz they have for 5G.. T-Mobile only has 10 megahertz I'll 600 megahertz for my area. LAA may be rolled out here sooner. I'm not totally sure.

If they do roll it out soon that’ll be interesting.

If they do roll it out soon that’ll be interesting.

I don't know to be exact when they will roll it out. If they do it sooner that would be better.