T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Here is some great news for Montana and Northern Wyoming. We knew this already, but we now have the number of sites. 

http://missoulian.com/news/local/blackfoot-teaming-with-t-mobile-to-build-cell-sites-in/article_e5eb4cd9-07e0-5ab3-b36c-ab4fa7f1fff5.html

• Like 1

Love my LG V30 with one exception, the second screen. I really miss it and I don't like the floating toolbar thing. Other than that, it's a GREAT phone and I highly recommend it. Will also be using for signal tracking as 600mhz spreads out in Wyoming/Southeastern Montana as well as Western North and South Dakota. I am located in Rapid City, SD, so I am right at the front door.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

Love my LG V30 with one exception, the second screen. I really miss it and I don't like the floating toolbar thing. Other than that, it's a GREAT phone and I highly recommend it. Will also be using for signal tracking as 600mhz spreads out in Wyoming/Southeastern Montana as well as Western North and South Dakota. I am located in Rapid City, SD, so I am right at the front door.

keep us up to date ! i l lbe looking forward to it being deployed.

According to Reddit T-Mobile is capping data roaming in Mexico and Canada at 5gb and then slowing you down to 2g speeds. Some people are going off about it. What I find surprising is the loyalist are bringing up how Sprint is not capping.

Why is it that any change that T-Mobile makes the hardcore fans cannot handle it. The first they yell out is tweet John and tell him you don’t like it or re-carrier. I think a lot of them forgot T-Mobile did these type of perks to get people through the doors to sign up and stay with the service. T-Mobile is leveling out and there’s going to be more changes ahead with or without Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

I enjoyed the second screen until it started getting serious burn in.  So it now turns off with the main display.  I'm really looking forward to the V30, and beings as I don't really use the second display anymore, I won't miss it.  Will like the smaller footprint though. :D

4 hours ago, derrph said:

According to Reddit T-Mobile is capping data roaming in Mexico and Canada at 5gb and then slowing you down to 2g speeds. Some people are going off about it. What I find surprising is the loyalist are bringing up how Sprint is not capping.

Why is it that any change that T-Mobile makes the hardcore fans cannot handle it. The first they yell out is tweet John and tell him you don’t like it or re-carrier. I think a lot of them forgot T-Mobile did these type of perks to get people through the doors to sign up and stay with the service. T-Mobile is leveling out and there’s going to be more changes ahead with or without Sprint.

A lot of them used to be here.  Remember the years of arguing with the people who'd freak out about every change to plans/limits, etc.?  Many of the worst churned and went to T-Mobile.  People that take more than their share ruin it for everyone.  In this case 5GB seems pretty darn reasonable to me.  Especially when you consider Sprint domestic roaming is limited to 100MB on most modern plans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

A lot of them used to be here.  Remember the years of arguing with the people who'd freak out about every change to plans/limits, etc.?  Many of the worst churned and went to T-Mobile.  People that take more than their share ruin it for everyone.  In this case 5GB seems pretty darn reasonable to me.  Especially when you consider Sprint domestic roaming is limited to 100MB on most modern plans.

I definitely agree with you...5 gigs of roaming data is very generous . I hate seeing people freak out over something like that...5 gigs is better then no data at all in my opinion.

Seen that map several days ago..US Cellular LTE roaming still isn't live in Iowa which that map is showing. I guess they have a couple months yet.

Seen that map several days ago..US Cellular LTE roaming still isn't live in Iowa which that map is showing. I guess they have a couple months yet.

Didnt T-Mobile just acquire the rest of Iowa wireless? Probably just going to use, and upgrade their own towers there now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Didnt T-Mobile just acquire the rest of Iowa wireless? Probably just going to use, and upgrade their own towers there now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There's huge holes in iWireless's coverage and also a lot of it's edge yet.

Sometime in the last couple days USC LTE roaming showed up on T-Mobiles coverage map as partner 4G LTE coverage in a bunch of Iowa but I'm still unable to connect to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Sprke said:

There's huge holes in iWireless's coverage and also a lot of it's edge yet.

Sometime in the last couple days USC LTE roaming showed up on T-Mobiles coverage map as partner 4G LTE coverage in a bunch of Iowa but I'm still unable to connect to it.

it didn't hit me until now that you are the same user on reddit i've been replying to about LTE roaming on US cellular :) i contacted t-force on facebook when my wife's iphone connected to us cellular but mine didn't. i have no idea if they did anything or not but after talking to them it started working for me. now every time i go back up to the huxley area all i have to do is search for networks and pick us cellular and it connects right away. i don't know how it happened but i did notice that at some point while i was messing with things my data roaming option got turned off. not sure how that happened :/ only other thing i can think of is to go somewhere where its confirmed working and see if you can get connected?

it didn't hit me until now that you are the same user on reddit i've been replying to about LTE roaming on US cellular [emoji4] i contacted t-force on facebook when my wife's iphone connected to us cellular but mine didn't. i have no idea if they did anything or not but after talking to them it started working for me. now every time i go back up to the huxley area all i have to do is search for networks and pick us cellular and it connects right away. i don't know how it happened but i did notice that at some point while i was messing with things my data roaming option got turned off. not sure how that happened :/ only other thing i can think of is to go somewhere where its confirmed working and see if you can get connected?

Haha yea I knew you were here to. Like I said on reddit I’ve contacted support and also TForce and they aren’t any help at all. I’ve tried my SIM in iPhone 8, OnePlus 3, V30 and Pixel and they all refuse to connect.

Also my ATT Mobley hotspot line now connects to USC LTE. I wonder if a smartphone line on a VoLTE capable phone would work to..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sprke said:

Haha yea I knew you were here to. Like I said on reddit I’ve contacted support and also TForce and they aren’t any help at all. I’ve tried my SIM in iPhone 8, OnePlus 3, V30 and Pixel and they all refuse to connect.

Also my ATT Mobley hotspot line now connects to USC LTE. I wonder if a smartphone line on a VoLTE capable phone would work to..

thats so weird..... it has to be something on US cellular's end where they didn't get those towers setup to allow the connections, but yeah, where do you go to get help on that?!?!? if i'm in the des moines area and try and select us cellular it sits there for awhile and then comes back saying "unable to connect (maybe register) to this network at this time" but up in the huxley area it connects right away when i select it. so obviously they have the ability to control which towers allow people to roam on them, which points to it being on their end.....

thats so weird..... it has to be something on US cellular's end where they didn't get those towers setup to allow the connections, but yeah, where do you go to get help on that?!?!? if i'm in the des moines area and try and select us cellular it sits there for awhile and then comes back saying "unable to connect (maybe register) to this network at this time" but up in the huxley area it connects right away when i select it. so obviously they have the ability to control which towers allow people to roam on them, which points to it being on their end.....

I’ve been working in Dayton the last couple weeks and it won’t connect there either..that’s not to far from where you connected. I’ve been wondering if it could be a SIM issue? But I can connect to Vaeiro Wireless in NE and ATT HSPA just fine so I don’t think it is..

Just now, Sprke said:

I’ve been working in Dayton the last couple weeks and it won’t connect there either..that’s not to far from where you connected. I’ve been wondering if it could be a SIM issue? But I can connect to Vaeiro Wireless in NE and ATT HSPA just fine so I don’t think it is..

could be a SIM issue.... but that would require someone from t-mobile to help out. might be time for an email to the executive support team. the amount of network you went through from SW iowa to dayton iowa should have been enough to get some kind of connection, so maybe its not on us cellular/network side....

Looks like T-Mobile already has B71 up in some areas, even areas that I frequent up in the Northeast.

The timeframe is pretty impressive!

9 months between the time the boundaries of band 71 got known (mid-January), band defined, network equipment and a flagship phone designed and installed/released to customers

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 2

Looks like T-Mobile already has B71 up in some areas, even areas that I frequent up in the Northeast.
The timeframe is pretty impressive!
 9 months between the time the boundaries of band 71 got known (mid-January), band defined, network equipment and a flagship phone designed and installed/released to customers

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/76m88t/b71_sighting_in_cheyenne_with_screenshots/Already?!

Great stuff!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, Sprke said:

i went to howell's pumpkin patch on sunday, its south west a little bit from cumming, ia. i was definitely on the border of allowed US cellular towers to roam on. sometimes i was able to select US Cellular and connect to it, other times it wouldn't let me on. my guess is i had a tower N/NE of me that wasn't allowed it that it tried to connect to sometimes and another one S/SW from me that was allowing it.

i went to howell's pumpkin patch on sunday, its south west a little bit from cumming, ia. i was definitely on the border of allowed US cellular towers to roam on. sometimes i was able to select US Cellular and connect to it, other times it wouldn't let me on. my guess is i had a tower N/NE of me that wasn't allowed it that it tried to connect to sometimes and another one S/SW from me that was allowing it.
I still haven't been able to connect anywhere in Iowa. The last couple days I've been all over Iowa and I've never connected. I sent an email to John Ledger which got me in contact with executive response team. They have been looking into it and they let me know last Monday there was a problem on the backend of my account and they have escalated it up to engineering.

So you always have to manually connect? It won't automatically connect on it's own? What about when your on a VoLTE call on TMobile and you cross over to USC, would it hold the call? These are all scenarios I look forward to testing.

4 minutes ago, Sprke said:

I still haven't been able to connect anywhere in Iowa. The last couple days I've been all over Iowa and I've never connected. I sent an email to John Ledger which got me in contact with executive response team. They have been looking into it and they let me know last Monday there was a problem on the backend of my account and they have escalated it up to engineering.

So you always have to manually connect? It won't automatically connect on it's own? What about when your on a VoLTE call on TMobile and you cross over to USC, would it hold the call? These are all scenarios I look forward to testing.

no it auto connects, i was just manually selecting it while testing things out. iWireless hasn't enabled VoLTE on their network so there is no VoLTE on tmobile in iowa...... so based on that i don't think calls will carry over from network to network. 

glad they are getting something figured out for you! i haven't used a ton of data while on USCC but as far as i can tell its counting as native usage, not roaming.

1 hour ago, bmoses said:

...its south west a little bit from cumming, ia.

The person least happy with his lot in life: John Cummins, who works at the Kum & Go in Cumming, IA.

AJ

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2017 at 12:47 PM, bmoses said:

no it auto connects, i was just manually selecting it while testing things out. iWireless hasn't enabled VoLTE on their network so there is no VoLTE on tmobile in iowa...... so based on that i don't think calls will carry over from network to network. 

glad they are getting something figured out for you! i haven't used a ton of data while on USCC but as far as i can tell its counting as native usage, not roaming.

I was able to connect to USC yesterday afternoon. Works great. Shortly after that Tmobile called me to check if it was working. I pushed her on what they changed/fixed. She didn't know but said a lot of "technical jargon" was being passed around in emails regarding my account that was over her head. She did mention one of the last things they did was whitelist my phone. Not sure why they would need to do that because I'm using a Tmobile branded V30. She also said other customers were having issues connecting to USC. I did swap my SIM over to a Pixel 2XL and it wouldn't connect..so the phone does matter. I've used quite a bit of USC data now and it's showing as native usage on my account.

I tested trying to carry a VoLTE call from USC to Tmobile and it won't do it :(. It just stayed on USC network even into Tmobile native and what finally dropped the call was when I crossed into NE where USC don't have VoLTE enabled. I was hoping it would be seamless coverage like Verizon and their LTEiRA partners. I can cross between their networks and it won't drop the call. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sprke said:

I was able to connect to USC yesterday afternoon. Works great. Shortly after that Tmobile called me to check if it was working. I pushed her on what they changed/fixed. She didn't know but said a lot of "technical jargon" was being passed around in emails regarding my account that was over her head. She did mention one of the last things they did was whitelist my phone. Not sure why they would need to do that because I'm using a Tmobile branded V30. She also said other customers were having issues connecting to USC. I did swap my SIM over to a Pixel 2XL and it wouldn't connect..so the phone does matter. I've used quite a bit of USC data now and it's showing as native usage on my account.

I tested trying to carry a VoLTE call from USC to Tmobile and it won't do it :(. It just stayed on USC network even into Tmobile native and what finally dropped the call was when I crossed into NE where USC don't have VoLTE enabled. I was hoping it would be seamless coverage like Verizon and their LTEiRA partners. I can cross between their networks and it won't drop the call. 

nice! glad they got it working, also nice to have confirmation that there is something they can/need to do on their end to get it to work if its not. yeah i didn't expect the call to be able to carry over since iwireless doesn't have VoLTE enabled on the network in Iowa yet. i'm hoping that along with a few other changes, is on t-mobiles radar to do right away once they take over iwireless!

nice to have confirmation that there is something they can/need to do on their end to get it to work if its not.

It won’t work to call into the regular support team, it takes engineering to fix it and I got access through them by emailing John.
The regular support team just give canned responses and I usually know more then they do.