lilotimz

T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

Here is some great news for Montana and Northern Wyoming. We knew this already, but we now have the number of sites. 

http://missoulian.com/news/local/blackfoot-teaming-with-t-mobile-to-build-cell-sites-in/article_e5eb4cd9-07e0-5ab3-b36c-ab4fa7f1fff5.html

• Like 1

Love my LG V30 with one exception, the second screen. I really miss it and I don't like the floating toolbar thing. Other than that, it's a GREAT phone and I highly recommend it. Will also be using for signal tracking as 600mhz spreads out in Wyoming/Southeastern Montana as well as Western North and South Dakota. I am located in Rapid City, SD, so I am right at the front door.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

Love my LG V30 with one exception, the second screen. I really miss it and I don't like the floating toolbar thing. Other than that, it's a GREAT phone and I highly recommend it. Will also be using for signal tracking as 600mhz spreads out in Wyoming/Southeastern Montana as well as Western North and South Dakota. I am located in Rapid City, SD, so I am right at the front door.

keep us up to date ! i l lbe looking forward to it being deployed.

According to Reddit T-Mobile is capping data roaming in Mexico and Canada at 5gb and then slowing you down to 2g speeds. Some people are going off about it. What I find surprising is the loyalist are bringing up how Sprint is not capping.

Why is it that any change that T-Mobile makes the hardcore fans cannot handle it. The first they yell out is tweet John and tell him you don’t like it or re-carrier. I think a lot of them forgot T-Mobile did these type of perks to get people through the doors to sign up and stay with the service. T-Mobile is leveling out and there’s going to be more changes ahead with or without Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, brockeb1 said:

I enjoyed the second screen until it started getting serious burn in.  So it now turns off with the main display.  I'm really looking forward to the V30, and beings as I don't really use the second display anymore, I won't miss it.  Will like the smaller footprint though. :D

4 hours ago, derrph said:

According to Reddit T-Mobile is capping data roaming in Mexico and Canada at 5gb and then slowing you down to 2g speeds. Some people are going off about it. What I find surprising is the loyalist are bringing up how Sprint is not capping.

Why is it that any change that T-Mobile makes the hardcore fans cannot handle it. The first they yell out is tweet John and tell him you don’t like it or re-carrier. I think a lot of them forgot T-Mobile did these type of perks to get people through the doors to sign up and stay with the service. T-Mobile is leveling out and there’s going to be more changes ahead with or without Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of them used to be here.  Remember the years of arguing with the people who'd freak out about every change to plans/limits, etc.?  Many of the worst churned and went to T-Mobile.  People that take more than their share ruin it for everyone.  In this case 5GB seems pretty darn reasonable to me.  Especially when you consider Sprint domestic roaming is limited to 100MB on most modern plans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

A lot of them used to be here.  Remember the years of arguing with the people who'd freak out about every change to plans/limits, etc.?  Many of the worst churned and went to T-Mobile.  People that take more than their share ruin it for everyone.  In this case 5GB seems pretty darn reasonable to me.  Especially when you consider Sprint domestic roaming is limited to 100MB on most modern plans.

I definitely agree with you...5 gigs of roaming data is very generous . I hate seeing people freak out over something like that...5 gigs is better then no data at all in my opinion.

Seen that map several days ago..US Cellular LTE roaming still isn't live in Iowa which that map is showing. I guess they have a couple months yet.

Seen that map several days ago..US Cellular LTE roaming still isn't live in Iowa which that map is showing. I guess they have a couple months yet.

Didnt T-Mobile just acquire the rest of Iowa wireless? Probably just going to use, and upgrade their own towers there now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Didnt T-Mobile just acquire the rest of Iowa wireless? Probably just going to use, and upgrade their own towers there now.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There's huge holes in iWireless's coverage and also a lot of it's edge yet.

Sometime in the last couple days USC LTE roaming showed up on T-Mobiles coverage map as partner 4G LTE coverage in a bunch of Iowa but I'm still unable to connect to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Sprke said:

There's huge holes in iWireless's coverage and also a lot of it's edge yet.

Sometime in the last couple days USC LTE roaming showed up on T-Mobiles coverage map as partner 4G LTE coverage in a bunch of Iowa but I'm still unable to connect to it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

it didn't hit me until now that you are the same user on reddit i've been replying to about LTE roaming on US cellular :) i contacted t-force on facebook when my wife's iphone connected to us cellular but mine didn't. i have no idea if they did anything or not but after talking to them it started working for me. now every time i go back up to the huxley area all i have to do is search for networks and pick us cellular and it connects right away. i don't know how it happened but i did notice that at some point while i was messing with things my data roaming option got turned off. not sure how that happened :/ only other thing i can think of is to go somewhere where its confirmed working and see if you can get connected?

it didn't hit me until now that you are the same user on reddit i've been replying to about LTE roaming on US cellular  i contacted t-force on facebook when my wife's iphone connected to us cellular but mine didn't. i have no idea if they did anything or not but after talking to them it started working for me. now every time i go back up to the huxley area all i have to do is search for networks and pick us cellular and it connects right away. i don't know how it happened but i did notice that at some point while i was messing with things my data roaming option got turned off. not sure how that happened :/ only other thing i can think of is to go somewhere where its confirmed working and see if you can get connected?

Haha yea I knew you were here to. Like I said on reddit I’ve contacted support and also TForce and they aren’t any help at all. I’ve tried my SIM in iPhone 8, OnePlus 3, V30 and Pixel and they all refuse to connect.

Also my ATT Mobley hotspot line now connects to USC LTE. I wonder if a smartphone line on a VoLTE capable phone would work to..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Sprke said:

Haha yea I knew you were here to. Like I said on reddit I’ve contacted support and also TForce and they aren’t any help at all. I’ve tried my SIM in iPhone 8, OnePlus 3, V30 and Pixel and they all refuse to connect.

Also my ATT Mobley hotspot line now connects to USC LTE. I wonder if a smartphone line on a VoLTE capable phone would work to..

thats so weird..... it has to be something on US cellular's end where they didn't get those towers setup to allow the connections, but yeah, where do you go to get help on that?!?!? if i'm in the des moines area and try and select us cellular it sits there for awhile and then comes back saying "unable to connect (maybe register) to this network at this time" but up in the huxley area it connects right away when i select it. so obviously they have the ability to control which towers allow people to roam on them, which points to it being on their end.....

thats so weird..... it has to be something on US cellular's end where they didn't get those towers setup to allow the connections, but yeah, where do you go to get help on that?!?!? if i'm in the des moines area and try and select us cellular it sits there for awhile and then comes back saying "unable to connect (maybe register) to this network at this time" but up in the huxley area it connects right away when i select it. so obviously they have the ability to control which towers allow people to roam on them, which points to it being on their end.....

I’ve been working in Dayton the last couple weeks and it won’t connect there either..that’s not to far from where you connected. I’ve been wondering if it could be a SIM issue? But I can connect to Vaeiro Wireless in NE and ATT HSPA just fine so I don’t think it is..

Just now, Sprke said:

I’ve been working in Dayton the last couple weeks and it won’t connect there either..that’s not to far from where you connected. I’ve been wondering if it could be a SIM issue? But I can connect to Vaeiro Wireless in NE and ATT HSPA just fine so I don’t think it is..

could be a SIM issue.... but that would require someone from t-mobile to help out. might be time for an email to the executive support team. the amount of network you went through from SW iowa to dayton iowa should have been enough to get some kind of connection, so maybe its not on us cellular/network side....

Looks like T-Mobile already has B71 up in some areas, even areas that I frequent up in the Northeast.

The timeframe is pretty impressive!

9 months between the time the boundaries of band 71 got known (mid-January), band defined, network equipment and a flagship phone designed and installed/released to customers

Edited by WiseGuy321
  • Like 2

Looks like T-Mobile already has B71 up in some areas, even areas that I frequent up in the Northeast.
The timeframe is pretty impressive!
 9 months between the time the boundaries of band 71 got known (mid-January), band defined, network equipment and a flagship phone designed and installed/released to customers

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/76m88t/b71_sighting_in_cheyenne_with_screenshots/Already?!

Great stuff!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1