T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Update...

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/04/t-mobile-rumor-new-program-buying-phones-sell-own-device/

I really like the sound of this news of T-Mobile testing out a new phone buying plan. I would like T-Mobile to make it a lease/purchase hybrid plan. I'm also impressed they are thinking of including insurance into this, rather than as a seperate charge.

As I've mentioned alot here of my rate plan pricing idea, one I'm mostly committed to as my final version of several ideas I've expressed over the past few years I've been a member here on S4GRU, which again starts at $45 monthly for each line, unlimited everything, including hd, fees and taxes, but no tethering. For unlimited 3G tethering included, $60 monthly for each line. For unlimited 4G tethering included, $75 monthly for each line.

I haven't talked much about my idea for device pricing for a while, probably because my idea for it has not changed in a long time. I'd have a plan where a customer can upgrade up to twice in a 12-month period, with a 30-day trial on those two devices counting as one month into that time frame. Returns for device defects do not affect the limit. This plan includes insurance.

Regarding the pricing, it would be $5 monthly for every $100 from the device MSRP cost. For example, a $500 device would be $25 monthly, a $700 device would be $35 monthly, a $900 device would be $45 monthly, and so on. Any price differences between swapped devices would have the price changed accordingly to reflect whatever difference in MSRP price between devices. The $5 per $100 MSRP figure is rounded upwards to the nearest $100 incremental rate.

• Like 1

T-Mobile announced their rollout schedule for 600Mhz.

http://www.tmonews.com/2017/05/t-mobile-600mhz-spectrum-transition-process/

Unfortunately it looks like my market will not see anything for 3 years.

What Market do you live in

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

With a government auction for spectrum -- i.e. airwaves -- now complete, it could be deal time for T-Mobile.

Question remains is it a buyout of T-Mobile versus T-Mobile merger or other.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/why-a-t-mobile-deal-could-happen-soon-1493657175

With a government auction for spectrum -- i.e. airwaves -- now complete, it could be deal time for T-Mobile.

Question remains is it a buyout of T-Mobile versus T-Mobile merger or other.

http://www.barrons.com/articles/why-a-t-mobile-deal-could-happen-soon-1493657175

i see T-Mobile actually fixing its network woes ... i have all four carriers T-Mobile Verizon Sprint and AT&T .... in my area T-Mobile has had some reasonable improvements. but they still need to densify here. during rush hour they crawl.

Despite that I'm generally happy with the service and pricing of my T-Mobile account, I'm still really despising the fact of paying into a company where John Legere is in charge. I know I've been critical of how Softbank is operating Sprint in regards to not pushing ahead enough on deployment and densification, but at least Marcelo is professional most of the time, and Sprint seems to be putting alot of care and effort into the Chicago area.

This is what particularly bugs me about John Legere lately in his remarks to people complaining about their service to him on Twitter. He attacks them whenever they go to him frustrated and mention switching. Its one thing for him to be a jerk towards his competitors, even though I hated when he insinuated Marcelo as being a drunk, but to attack customers is very immature. I'm really struggling between supporting them keeping the service active which will work with the phone I want to get (Sony Xperia XZ Premium), or making the move to Sprint, which I'd first have to do a trial of course to make sure it isn't just Lombard and Schaumburg that are doing great. Yet, the decision to move to Sprint would be alot easier if Sony made a device for the Sprint network, or I were more impressed by the Samsung QLED to take advantage of the promotion I read about today between getting a Q8C with a free S8+.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/862055372567191553

Despite that I'm generally happy with the service and pricing of my T-Mobile account, I'm still really despising the fact of paying into a company where John Legere is in charge. I know I've been critical of how Softbank is operating Sprint in regards to not pushing ahead enough on deployment and densification, but at least Marcelo is professional most of the time, and Sprint seems to be putting alot of care and effort into the Chicago area.

This is what particularly bugs me about John Legere lately in his remarks to people complaining about their service to him on Twitter. He attacks them whenever they go to him frustrated and mention switching. Its one thing for him to be a jerk towards his competitors, even though I hated when he insinuated Marcelo as being a drunk, but to attack customers is very immature. I'm really struggling between supporting them keeping the service active which will work with the phone I want to get (Sony Xperia XZ Premium), or making the move to Sprint, which I'd first have to do a trial of course to make sure it isn't just Lombard and Schaumburg that are doing great. Yet, the decision to move to Sprint would be alot easier if Sony made a device for the Sprint network, or I were more impressed by the Samsung QLED to take advantage of the promotion I read about today between getting a Q8C with a free S8+.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/862055372567191553

Sir John Ledger is attacking his own customer now I already have postpaid with Sprint I could cancel my service very easily if I desired to and go to Sprint again if I want

• Like 1

What do people think about the Tmobile branded REVVL T1, T2 and T3 Pro smartphones coming out to compete with flagship smartphones.

https://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobile-android-smartphones-revvl-t1-t2-t3-pro-rumor/

Even though I prefer unlocked devices, especially as I'm cautious about ordering a device directly from T-Mobile, I like this concept of getting a device that ought to take full advantage of T-Mobile's network. Although the specifications of the T1 are not quite powerful enough for me, I'm interested in finding out what the T3 Pro may feature. I'm not sure it will replace my idea of getting the Sony XZ Premium for myself, the T3 Pro might be something to get for my mother.

Even though I prefer unlocked devices, especially as I'm cautious about ordering a device directly from T-Mobile, I like this concept of getting a device that ought to take full advantage of T-Mobile's network. Although the specifications of the T1 are not quite powerful enough for me, I'm interested in finding out what the T3 Pro may feature. I'm not sure it will replace my idea of getting the Sony XZ Premium for myself, the T3 Pro might be something to get for my mother.

What about iPhones

• Like 1

Sir John Ledger is attacking his own customer now I already have postpaid with Sprint I could cancel my service very easily if I desired to and go to Sprint again if I want

He's done this quite often lately on his Twitter account, which I imagine could be more than I know, since I only go to look at it when I've read something online that I'm curious might get a reaction from him on there. While I've scrolled through his Twitter account whenever I do go to look at it, which recently I've noticed alot of people writing to him on it with complaints they have in hoping he'll review what they are saying and help them somehow as he use to do for his customers who wrote to him there, I've noticed his ego has turned from bad to worse, taking it to another level by attacking customers who even hint at switching to another wireless carrier.

Its a shame, especially as the past few months I've been pretty happy with T-Mobile. I was very surprised, yet also extremely proud of T-Mobile in their not just going for 5x5 nationwide 600mhz in the spectrum auction, which is what was highly rumored they'd do, despite my hoping they'd go for at least 10x10 while trying for 15x15. As it turned out, T-Mobile did exactly what I wanted them to do. Now of course, I want them to get Dish, so they have a minimum of 15x15 of 600mhz, with many areas having 20x20.

Regarding these network developments, I think T-Mobile is doing really well, and would be even better not only with Dish, but I'd like them to do enough spectrum swapping that they can have a mid-band nationwide minimum of 15x15 PCS, and 15x15 AWS-1, along with buying back the AWS3- spectrum Dish gave up from the tax issue in the AWS-3 auction, which if T-Mobile were to get ahold of that spectrum, along with getting Dish and its AWS-spectrum, I believe the total of nationwide AWS-3 spectrum they'd have is 15x15, (unless it is 10x10?). If it is 15x15 and T-Mobile did everything else I mentioned here, that would make their minimum nationwide spectrum holdings 15x15 600mhz, 15x15 PCS, 15x15 AWS-1, and 15x15 AWS-3, the equivalent of minimum nationwide spectrum of 60mhz down and 60mhz up, the only way I could envision them being able to compete well enough with Sprint, if Sprint got its band 41 network fully deployed and massively densified.

So, this is what I try keeping in mind whenever John Legere acts like a jerk towards competitors of T-Mobile. I really don't like what he says and also, unlike what so many people do by giving him credit for the "Uncarrier" and making a difference in the wireless industry, I really don't find what he's done as something unique to him, or that given another person put in his position as CEO, I think they would have done just as well, if not better, than John Legere has for T-Mobile. At the very least, the CEO would be more professional and wouldn't attack customers.

He's done this quite often lately on his Twitter account, which I imagine could be more than I know, since I only go to look at it when I've read something online that I'm curious might get a reaction from him on there. While I've scrolled through his Twitter account whenever I do go to look at it, which recently I've noticed alot of people writing to him on it with complaints they have in hoping he'll review what they are saying and help them somehow as he use to do for his customers who wrote to him there, I've noticed his ego has turned from bad to worse, taking it to another level by attacking customers who even hint at switching to another wireless carrier.

Its a shame, especially as the past few months I've been pretty happy with T-Mobile. I was very surprised, yet also extremely proud of T-Mobile in their not just going for 5x5 nationwide 600mhz in the spectrum auction, which is what was highly rumored they'd do, despite my hoping they'd go for at least 10x10 while trying for 15x15. As it turned out, T-Mobile did exactly what I wanted them to do. Now of course, I want them to get Dish, so they have a minimum of 15x15 of 600mhz, with many areas having 20x20.

Regarding these network developments, I think T-Mobile is doing really well, and would be even better not only with Dish, but I'd like them to do enough spectrum swapping that they can have a mid-band nationwide minimum of 15x15 PCS, and 15x15 AWS-1, along with buying back the AWS3- spectrum Dish gave up from the tax issue in the AWS-3 auction, which if T-Mobile were to get ahold of that spectrum, along with getting Dish and its AWS-spectrum, I believe the total of nationwide AWS-3 spectrum they'd have is 15x15, (unless it is 10x10?). If it is 15x15 and T-Mobile did everything else I mentioned here, that would make their minimum nationwide spectrum holdings 15x15 600mhz, 15x15 PCS, 15x15 AWS-1, and 15x15 AWS-3, the equivalent of minimum nationwide spectrum of 60mhz down and 60mhz up, the only way I could envision them being able to compete well enough with Sprint, if Sprint got its band 41 network fully deployed and massively densified.

So, this is what I try keeping in mind whenever John Legere acts like a jerk towards competitors of T-Mobile. I really don't like what he says and also, unlike what so many people do by giving him credit for the "Uncarrier" and making a difference in the wireless industry, I really don't find what he's done as something unique to him, or that given another person put in his position as CEO, I think they would have done just as well, if not better, than John Legere has for T-Mobile. At the very least, the CEO would be more professional and wouldn't attack customers.

I totally agree with you. Attacking subscribers to your carrier who's the CEO is the head of is very unprofessional. If I'm going to get mistreated I will pay off the rest of my LG G6 and switch back to either Verizon or Sprint I even have AT&T postpaid. So I have no problem switching if he becomes arrogant or worse a prude to his customers. I know he's gotten very cocky. Speed of my block are single-digit. TMobile needs to densify here in Central Jersey where I am. They need to add macro cells here. The only carrier here has macro cells deployed is Verizon Wireless. So we will see how TMobile does in the coming months and years. But I don't want to to be part of a company where the CEO trash talks all the time. Well he knows that he needs to play catch-up with AT&T or Verizon Wireless. But I know the other carriers will not sit around and wait for TMobile to catch up. So we shall see.

• Like 1

What about iPhones

iPhones are my choice in getting for my mother if the T-Mobile T3 Pro isn't good enough, or if we switch to Sprint.

Besides the concerns I've developed from Legere's sudden attacking customers, I had an issue getting the coffee table I wanted, which now has changed my plans on getting the 55"-inch Sony 4k OLED television I was going to get. I have a different/another coffee table in my purchasing decision, though while it's physical dimensional size will work in the room I plan on having it in, the counter top will not work with the A1e television, due to the A1e's back kickstand causing the television's entire width to be flush with the counter top. So instead, I want to get the 65"-inch Sony Z9D television, which has a stand that lifts the television upwards a short bit, just enough to fit on the counter top. Although, my mother may not let me get that television, due to its physical weight. That may bring us back to the last option, getting the Samsung Q8C, which would be disappointing compared to the Sony Z9D I really want, but the Samsung Q8C has the advantage of my being able to then get the Samsung S8+ on Sprint, leaving T-Mobile since no longer keeping T-Mobile for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium.

So, while I know that was slightly a bit off-topic, there is a connection between my television purchasing and my T-Mobile service active status. I want to have both my smartphone and television be under the same brand, and since Sony smartphones won't work on Sprint, I'm stuck with T-Mobile if I want Sony. Otherwise, I'd be free to switch to Sprint with Samsung for my smartphone, while waiting on the iPhone 8 for my mother, if we go to Sprint.

I totally agree with you. Attacking subscribers to your carrier who's the CEO is the head of is very unprofessional. If I'm going to get mistreated I will pay off the rest of my LG G6 and switch back to either Verizon or Sprint I even have AT&T postpaid. So I have no problem switching if he becomes arrogant or worse a prude to his customers. I know he's gotten very cocky. Speed of my block are single-digit. TMobile needs to densify here in Central Jersey where I am. They need to add macro cells here. The only carrier here has macro cells deployed is Verizon Wireless. So we will see how TMobile does in the coming months and years. But I don't want to to be part of a company where the CEO trash talks all the time. Well he knows that he needs to play catch-up with AT&T or Verizon Wireless. But I know the other carriers will not sit around and wait for TMobile to catch up. So we shall see.

Absolutely how I feel about the situation with Legere. As I've mentioned, its frustrating with him, especially at a time where T-Mobile is doing well. However, it may be that as John Legere's arrogance grows, it could affect the call center customer service/executive response employees of T-Mobile in a negative way. Already, many of these particular employees act as they are in a cult-like environment from photos and videos I've seen of the elaborate team-building worship-like events they hold for their leadership, which is much different than the simpler images I've seen from Sprint and other wireless carriers and companies. T-Mobile's events look closer to a Jim Jones-style call to order than even the pyramid scheme MLM events do.

If these T-Mobile call center people were to do what Legere's been doing, their customers will leave. Again, I'm already contemplating it because I don't want to support this kind of behavior towards customers. I really don't like it being done to other carriers, but it isn't enough to leave when I'm happy with the service and still depending on it for my potential Sony situation needs. However, I'm at a pretty available time to change my mind about things right now in not having a working television or my main smartphone, other than using the Lumia 950xl I got for under $300.

Also, if Marcelo were to address John's rudeness to customers over Twitter, that would be a plus for me and would win some customers over, especially if Marcelo would admit Sprint still is a work in progress, such as saying something like "I don't ever talk to customers so rudely as John Legere at T-Mobile has done when replying to customer complaints. I admit we at Sprint are working on bringing our customers an amazing network experience, to which we may have issues along the way. Yet whenever our customers report these to us, we will always respond respectfully, with courtesy and care. We will never let ego get in the way of what matters to us the most, our customers".

Marcelo would get much respect from me by saying something like that.

Just as I suspected. T-Mobile pretends like their network is equivalent to Verizon and AT&T, but their metrics tell a different story

097fc5cdb3.png

Their ARPU is nowhere near AT&T and their churn is much higher than T and V

• Like 1

Just as I suspected. T-Mobile pretends like their network is equivalent to Verizon and AT&T, but their metrics tell a different story

097fc5cdb3.png

AT&T is the worst. Their unlimited plan is the most expensive of all the carriers and to get any discount u have to bundle it with their directTV.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

097fc5cdb3.png

In all fairness to T-Mobile though, these are subscriber numbers, not network-related data. Its no surprise T-Mobile has fewer subscribers than AT&T and Verizon.

Still, this is good data to take into account which T-Mobile doesn't publically admit to as a benefit in their claim of having "more spectrum per subscriber". The reason for that obviously is in this data.

In all fairness to T-Mobile though, these are subscriber numbers, not network-related data. Its no surprise T-Mobile has fewer subscribers than AT&T and Verizon.

Still, this is good data to take into account which T-Mobile doesn't publically admit to as a benefit in their claim of having "more spectrum per subscriber". The reason for that obviously is in this data.

T-Mobile irritates me sometimes...they say that have 3g along a stretch of highway in Delaware and its all 2g ...smh T-Mobile really needs to get its act together plus on my block here is those so called blazing speeds. 97ac5016c967de905d7ca93aab8e9da8.jpg

• Like 1

097fc5cdb3.png

This is a bad chart or outdated chart. At&t is losing customers, so their ARPU is becoming less of an advantage. Churn is also at a record low for TMobile and ARPU on T-Mobile is very similar to Verizon's while also adding many more customers.

T-Mobile claims their churn is at 1.18% as of Q1 2017.

This is a bad chart or outdated chart. At&t is losing customers, so their ARPU is becoming less of an advantage. Churn is also at a record low for TMobile and ARPU on T-Mobile is very similar to Verizon's while also adding many more customers.

T-Mobile claims their churn is at 1.18% as of Q1 2017.

The chart was from May 8...

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/how-verizon-at-t-t-mobile-sprint-and-more-stacked-up-q1-2017-top-7-carriers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mergers, Alliances and Acquisitions Oh My!

When the merger between Sprint and t-mobile come to pass it is clear that Johnny Boy legere will not be running the company and maybe just head of marketing. That is a great thing.

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/05/10/softbank-sprint-t-mobile-merger-talks-masayoshi.html

• Like 1