T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

It would be nice if Sprint also didn't charge a little premium on their phones. Sprint vs TMobile, Sprint S7 costs $25 more. The V20 is $23 more. The G5 is $65 more.

Different hardware variants of phones are bound to have different costs associated with them.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Sometimes I want to try T-Mobile but the whole b12 or edge on towers like on highways and rural areas bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different hardware variants of phones are bound to have different costs associated with them.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

I don't even think that is the case.  I think the carriers just have more room to charge whatever they want on Android branded devices.

Some are willing to take more or less profit then others.

If you look at AT&T for those same 3 devices, AT&T charges even more than Sprint.  You look at USCC they charge less than Sprint. ATT doesn't need CDMA, only difference is Band 30.  You'd think economies of scale they would be cheaper then at least Sprint.  Then USCC is CDMA as well, and just due to economies of scale, you'd think they would be more expensive then Sprint.

But pretty accurate, at least in my experiences.

YMMV.

I've driven a ton of highways and a ton rural areas.

T-Mobile has 100% of sites LTE online in the state of Mississippi. I'm not sure you can point to a more rural area.

They beat CSpire in a lot of highway LTE coverage, definitely in interstate LTE coverage, statewide more sq miles than CSpire easily.

Is it perfect? Not by a long shot.

Are there dead spots? You bet there are.

Is there band 12 in MS? On 4 sites on I-59, and one site in SW MS. In lay terms, no.

Does it work on "highways and rural areas"? YMMV, but its a non-no answer in my book.

Sometimes I want to try T-Mobile but the whole b12 or edge on towers like on highways and rural areas bothers me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I am pretty sure just like Sprint, the coverage is getting better day by day. I think Tmobile will make a stronger push to deploy small cells in 2017 to catch up with the other 3 carriers.  I would like to see Tmobile make a stronger push to deploy more B12 LTE on as many cell sites as they can.

• Like 1

T-Mobile is getting to the point where it isn't even worth the $45 per line deal my mother and I were getting when we both had that incredible unlimited data deal several months ago, before switching to AT&T.

My mother still has kept her T-Mobile prepaid phone service going while she's slowly been learning how to use the Microsoft Lumia 950xl she got a great deal on for under $300 from B&H a few months ago. The Lumia works great on AT&T in this area, which while using her T-Mobile prepaid phone, she can barely make a call, and the little she can, it usually drops the call within a few minutes, and gives a bunch of static prior to that.

I know it isn't a problem with the prepaid phone though,since I had similar issues with the Apple iPhone 6s T-Mobile had given us for free (due to my mother's several year loyalty with them). The iPhone was going to be her phone, but I ended up using it since I really liked the iPhone. Yet, that still was not immune from T-Mobile's horrendous network here in the Chicago area. AT&T is much, much better here. Even Sprint was when I used it last, compared with the issues my mother has experienced using her T-Mobile prepaid service as of late.

• 2 weeks later...

I am guessing its capacity is getting tapped out... sure sure its fun and exciting to bring new customers on board.  Till the influx causes issues..  I switched to TMO about a year ago... (got a smoking offer, I couldnt pass up for the 12 lines i am over) and while a majority of the users dont notice the issues I do.. they still creep in and I get a call about it...  With that said my latest trip to vegas gave me at least pandora streaming the whole way along I-15... IF and when Sprint gets the major highways covered even in the sticks (which should be a no brainer)   Ill look at going back..

Why does sprint have that stupid "network" access fee??... its the dumbest thing known to man... just looks like you are baiting and switching things... just get a fixed price and call it good.

• Like 1

Very intrigued about Tmobile cutting taxes and fees, or bundling them  in the plan prices. 

While this may just be my experience, ending taxes and surcharges and bs crap fees is going to leave Sprint as the most offensive "extra crap on top of the price" carrier.   The taxes  and surcharges continue to play a role every time I consider bringing lines back to sprint.   I have never comprehended how 3 carriers I've had (sprint, att, verizon) can have such different % of taxes of surcharges on top of the price for the same billing address. 

yea i just posted about this in the post above....network access fee... smh

• Like 1

yea i just posted about this in the post above....network access fee... smh

T-Mobile's Network in my area is maxed out. The network switch is my phones in my projector to band 12 which runs like a dial-up modem. So they have work to do in my area

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I am hoping badly that this new Verizon Unlimited Data plan will cause data hogs to flock back to Verizon to help reduce capacity on the Tmobile network especially in areas that are spectrum constrained.  Maybe this move by Verizon will make Legere reconsider some changes to the current Tmo One plan to make it more competitive.  

However I think Legere might want to see actual porting/churning stats first before making any decisions on changes to the current Tmo One plan. 

I am hoping badly that this new Verizon Unlimited Data plan will cause data hogs to flock back to Verizon to help reduce capacity on the Tmobile network especially in areas that are spectrum constrained. Maybe this move by Verizon will make Legere reconsider some changes to the current Tmo One plan to make it more competitive.

However I think Legere might want to see actual porting/churning stats first before making any decisions on changes to the current Tmo One plan.

T-Mobile in my area is Spectrum crunched I was parking on band 12 and it wasn't running too good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

SO I am just looking around.. and verizon has the "access" fees to... so a 16GB plan for 2 lines is 90 + 2 $20 fees so 65 per line for 16gb shared... SMH  plus the phones... For all this crap bring back the subsidized phones.. cuz we as the consumer are getting hosed..

More later 

LOL... so I dug into these things (verizons new unlimited wasnt on their site yet) 

1st thing... Everyone of these sites suck.. they take for ever to go no where, and are very confusing to me..

2nd, its back to a battle of unlimited, they really dont want you on tiered plans, because thats where everyone except Tmo, has "access" fees  And Tmo, I couldnt find an option for tiered data.. soooooo

3rd  I first was going to compare 2 lines on tiered, but read #2.... So i went 4 lines, unlimited, with an s7.. att has 2 different pricing upgrade every 2 cheaper, or every $5 more... everyone has ins. Sprint was the most at $13, but Tmo @ $12 included jump upgrades (i am guessing every year) 

Att $339.80.. before taxes.. BUT you had to have directv for their unlimited  $100 due today for activation

Sprint  $277.84   Before taxes  $219 due today for sales taxes and Activation I am guessing

Tmo   $312, taxes included    $280 due today  taxes and shipping sim card

So roughly $75 a line give or take $5-10 depending on carrier

Att the most PLUS having to have TV.... and theirs still said access charge.. 60 for plan, but $180 total...they give a $40 credit for the 4th line...

its all a racket... i pay just over these for 12 lines (3 have a higher GB, the others only 2) but I dont get hit with an "access fee" and it includes phones in that price to.... SMH   I guess ill deal with the issues

Bravo to Verizon for bringing a truly unlimited plan back to market! Hopefully now AT&T will drop the television service tie-in, then I could save an additional $10-$20 monthly.

Hopefully this brings a lot of success back to Verizon with its unrestrictive audio/video streaming, forcing T-Mobile and Sprint to drop those ridiculous restrictions. However, I wonder how Verizon's network will be able to handle this extra traffic, considering they don't have that much more spectrum than T-Mobile.

One thing this could do though, is force the need for mergers, and I definitely think this is going to happen. AT&T with T-Mobile, then an interesting situation left with Dish. To keep it a three-way competition, Verizon will get Dish and its spectrum.

LOL... so I dug into these things (verizons new unlimited wasnt on their site yet) 

1st thing... Everyone of these sites suck.. they take for ever to go no where, and are very confusing to me..

2nd, its back to a battle of unlimited, they really dont want you on tiered plans, because thats where everyone except Tmo, has "access" fees  And Tmo, I couldnt find an option for tiered data.. soooooo

3rd  I first was going to compare 2 lines on tiered, but read #2.... So i went 4 lines, unlimited, with an s7.. att has 2 different pricing upgrade every 2 cheaper, or every $5 more... everyone has ins. Sprint was the most at $13, but Tmo @ $12 included jump upgrades (i am guessing every year) 

Att $339.80.. before taxes.. BUT you had to have directv for their unlimited  $100 due today for activation

Sprint  $277.84   Before taxes  $219 due today for sales taxes and Activation I am guessing

Tmo   $312, taxes included    $280 due today  taxes and shipping sim card

So roughly $75 a line give or take $5-10 depending on carrier

Att the most PLUS having to have TV.... and theirs still said access charge.. 60 for plan, but $180 total...they give a $40 credit for the 4th line...

its all a racket... i pay just over these for 12 lines (3 have a higher GB, the others only 2) but I dont get hit with an "access fee" and it includes phones in that price to.... SMH   I guess ill deal with the issues

Try it again today. $80 unlimited for a single line. $45/line for multiline plans for 4 lines. No line access fee. Plus taxes of course.

Bravo to Verizon for bringing a truly unlimited plan back to market! Hopefully now AT&T will drop the television service tie-in, then I could save an additional $10-$20 monthly.

Hopefully this brings a lot of success back to Verizon with its unrestrictive audio/video streaming, forcing T-Mobile and Sprint to drop those ridiculous restrictions. However, I wonder how Verizon's network will be able to handle this extra traffic, considering they don't have that much more spectrum than T-Mobile.

One thing this could do though, is force the need for mergers, and I definitely think this is going to happen. AT&T with T-Mobile, then an interesting situation left with Dish. To keep it a three-way competition, Verizon will get Dish and its spectrum.

Sprint already has the nonrestrictive audio/video streaming, just as a premium upgrade. Verizon already bakes in it, do you see what they did there?

Try it again today. $80 unlimited for a single line. $45/line for multiline plans for 4 lines. No line access fee. Plus taxes of course.

So I saw it after I closed out my "search" but they didnt make it user friendly to find... And yea when I just looked BAM right on the front.. so I guess Announced Fri Website update Mon....  Now to put the 4 phones in and see    $335 a month, with 182 due today for taxes fees...

7227ffb1486a5c34f3d2d0d28ece632c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

and everyone of them have "access" fees, they are just smart enough to tie them into the price... Verizons is $110 + $20 each line.. = $190... -$10 for autopay...lol

I will say though.. they have this promotion in place... trade your old phone in and you are eligible for free phones

Isnt it funny how these things come back round... unlimited... to tiered, now back to unlimited...

Why cant they do a nice basic one, for older people, or for kids who dont need to be on it that much???  Yet still include the unlimited text and calls.. and have a nice little 2-4 gb plan. And NOT those stupid access fees.  I mean really my inlaws and parents shouldnt have to pay an access fee of $20 or so to grab an email on occasion... 

First company to cater to older/younger non-power users wins

Isnt it funny how these things come back round... unlimited... to tiered, now back to unlimited...

Why cant they do a nice basic one, for older people, or for kids who dont need to be on it that much???  Yet still include the unlimited text and calls.. and have a nice little 2-4 gb plan. And NOT those stupid access fees.  I mean really my inlaws and parents shouldnt have to pay an access fee of $20 or so to grab an email on occasion... 

First company to cater to older/younger non-power users wins

If you look at T-Mobile ONE pricing, you'll see that access fees are baked into that plan too. 

What customers look at is the total cost they pay. That's all.

If you look at T-Mobile ONE pricing, you'll see that access fees are baked into that plan too. 

What customers look at is the total cost they pay. That's all.

yea but I have NEVER seen Tmo have access fees..... have i just not looked hard enough???  even like a year ago when I switched.... in fact it was the MAIN reason I switched... I got my price for the multiple lines, and its THAT price....