T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I could be wrong, but I feel very confident in saying that any AIR antennas would be those of either ATT or VZW, as Jacksonville is a Nokia infrastructure market.

I would imagine since Jacksonville is a late L700 market that T-Mobile may be going straight to NSN RAS, which affords 4T4R on L2100 and L1900, and 2T2R on L700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely a T-Mobile site for sure. I found it odd that Ericsson's equipment would be in a Nokia market.

It's definitely a T-Mobile site for sure. I found it odd that Ericsson's equipment would be in a Nokia market.

There's a very good chance you are mistaking the new Nokia RAS for an Ericsson AIR.

It is very beefy, due to incorporating 2x RRH's inside the antenna enclosure.

Typical configuration for non-AWS-3 market would be FHFB + FRBG internal, FRIG external.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/4sff69/brand_spanking_new_nokia_flexi_ras_radio_antenna/

• Like 1

There's a very good chance you are mistaking the new Nokia RAS for an Ericsson AIR.

It is very beefy, due to incorporating 2x RRH's inside the antenna enclosure.

Typical configuration for non-AWS-3 market would be FHFB + FRBG internal, FRIG external.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/4sff69/brand_spanking_new_nokia_flexi_ras_radio_antenna/

True I didn't know that manufacturers other than Ericsson made those type of panels. Which band do you think their for in my market Band 12 or 66?

True I didn't know that manufacturers other than Ericsson made those type of panels. Which band do you think their for in my market Band 12 or 66?

Bands 2/4/12. There is no AWS-3 spectrum owned by T-Mobile in that market. However, yes the antenna is capable of that frequency range.

If Jacksonville follows other markets getting this antenna, you will have L2100+L1900+L700+U1900 operating from this one antenna.

You will have a second antenna for G1900, and likely U2100, since Jacksonville is a 50 MHz AWS-1 market.

Keep 1c U2100, and for now 1c U19 for 2c UMTS, get to 10 MHz wide on L1900 from day 1. This gets to 70 MHz deployed LTE. (10 MHz of GSM, 20 MHz of UMTS)

Later as traffic migrated from UMTS to LTE, sunset U19 in favor of 15 MHz wide L19. Gets to 80 MHz of LTE (of 100 MHz of usable spectrum), with 1c U21 plus GSM.

With a tight enough grid, 80 MHz of LTE should handle T-Mobile's subscriber load for a while. Obviously high traffic sites will be slow no matter what, but sector splits, further densification can tighten up weak points needed as customer growth continues.

• Like 2

Tmobile basically does not have band 66 in Florida.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

48 million dollars that's a lot of money

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

48 million dollars that's a lot of money

It's more of a joke. They only pay like 7.5 million and the rest is to help poor students and discounts on accessories.  I guess Tmo is joining the helping the poor students train, but obviously not by choice.  I love how legere is "taking" credit for helping out students on twitter.

Edited by Hmight

It's more of a joke. They only pay like 7.5 million and the rest is to help poor students and discounts on accessories. I guess Tmo is joining the helping the poor students train, but obviously not by choice. I love how legere is "taking" credit for helping out students on twitter.

At least it's Honesty

T-Mobile only has band 66 in North Jersey

And judging from that map it's pretty much in Northwest Jersey. Coverage can be pretty bad on most carriers when you get all the way up there. Sussex Cellular used to be there but I can't remember what happened to them. They were an odd company.

My parents are in town for the weekend and my mom has her US Cellular iPhone with. I was helping her with some typical older parent owning a smart phone type questions and noticed she had pretty strong signal for Sprint at my house. I pulled up field test and it's connected to B4. The device seems to be using T-Mobile LTE but Sprint for voice. Previously it's only used Sprint when visiting. Is USCC roaming onto T-Mobile new? That's crazy how it can switch providers pretty seamlessly.

• Like 1

My parents are in town for the weekend and my mom has her US Cellular iPhone with. I was helping her with some typical older parent owning a smart phone type questions and noticed she had pretty strong signal for Sprint at my house. I pulled up field test and it's connected to B4. The device seems to be using T-Mobile LTE but Sprint for voice. Previously it's only used Sprint when visiting. Is USCC roaming onto T-Mobile new? That's crazy how it can switch providers pretty seamlessly.

Are you sure it's not using T-Mobile for voice as well? Too bad you don't have an Android to confirm this.

Are you sure it's not using T-Mobile for voice as well? Too bad you don't have an Android to confirm this.

US Cellular doesn't support VoLTE to my knowledge and is a CDMA carrier, so it would be quite unusual.  

- Trip

US Cellular doesn't support VoLTE to my knowledge and is a CDMA carrier, so it would be quite unusual.

- Trip

US Cellular has been trailing VoLTE for a while now I thought.

In Jam 15, they expressed intent to trial in "select cities" within the year.

In Jan 16, they expressed plans to launch in one market, following trials in 3 markets. They also talked up the VoLTE roaming benefits.

In May 16, they spoke up about the 'VoLTE gap' for CDMA carriers, and didn't include any other time tables other than there was 'no rush' to ship the product.

Didn't want to link Fierce three times as sources, but quick googling should yield results corroborating that summary.

• Like 1

I really wonder how T-mobile has band 4 @ 20 mhz across el paso and still it has congested in most areas. Is the network not dense enough maybe?? Or is T-mobile growth in this market really just that much

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Site density is huge for any carrier.

Otherwise you can go overcapacity relatively quickly depending on the area.

• Like 1