T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

T-Mobile acquires Charter's 700Mhz A block in Montana.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/wireless/as-charter-ramps-mvno-t-mobile-buys-charter-s-700-mhz-spectrum-montana

Montanans rejoice, all 15 of you :D .

Does it cover the entire state

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Does it cover the entire state

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

"However, Goemmer said that Charter owns the Billings and Rapid City Economic Area 700 MHz A Block licenses and the Montana 5 - Mineral CMA Area 700 MHz B Block license. “The Montana 5 B block license overlaps counties that T-Mobile already controls the 700MHz A-block spectrum,” he noted."

"However, Goemmer said that Charter owns the Billings and Rapid City Economic Area 700 MHz A Block licenses and the Montana 5 - Mineral CMA Area 700 MHz B Block license. “The Montana 5 B block license overlaps counties that T-Mobile already controls the 700MHz A-block spectrum,” he noted."

So I take that as a no ....I plan to travel there soon......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I think it supports 256 QAM and 3 carrier aggregation!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It does not. Intel XMM 7360 powers the AT&T/T-Mobile/International iPhone 7 and 7 Plus. Therefore, Tyrone's speeds are likely done through 3 channel carrier aggregation. I assume Tyrone is in a market where T-Mobile is stacking 20x20 AWS, 10x10 PCS, and 5x5 B12. Unfortunately Intel lags slightly behind with no 256 QAM and no 4x4 MIMO support in the modem.

Now Sprint/Verizon/Chinese models could conceivably support 4x4 MIMO, since they do not run on the Intel chip, but instead on the Qualcomm X12 modem. There is likely no antenna support for 4x4 MIMO in this generation of the iPhone. It absolutely could support 256 QAM but there is likely no plan for Apple to enable it when they would be creating a discrepancy between Intel and Qualcomm models.

Performance has been better than a lot of people have thought it would be on the Intel models but the features aren't as good for the Magentans. To fully exploit 4x4 MIMO and 256 QAM, Magentans need to go to the GS7 class of devices, the GS7, GS7 Edge, or Galaxy Fire, I mean Note7.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Where was this from??  Because I sure as hell aint getting it around me..

In fact I am still burnt about there "coverage" map and "verified" user tabs... load of Horse crap.... I went some where kind of remote, but checked the map... yeah wasnt happening... and its happened more then once... and I tweet and let them know about it...

whos ready ???

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

The new S7 update on T-Mobile enabled 4x4 MIMO!

In the tweet, note the "not seeing much of a difference."  That could be because these MIMO and modulation enhancements may require such optimal signal quality as to make little difference in the grand scheme.  The only network upgrades that practically are guaranteed to improve overall performance in all signal conditions are spectrum bandwidth and site density.

AJ

• Like 5

In the tweet, note the "not seeing much of a difference." That could be because these MIMO and modulation enhancements may require such optimal signal quality as to make little difference in the grand scheme. The only network upgrades that practically are guaranteed to improve overall performance in all signal conditions are spectrum bandwidth and site density.

AJ

Agreed. I'm noticing a large difference downtown Jax now, but it's likely due to them enabling CA overnight as well.

b0f6e8726676a56dad571aab9d6ae3d5.jpg2030902e808373a128063bc7ac03c481.jpg

• Like 1

I travel a lot so want to make sure coverage and speed is reliable

Travel the entire country? Only a region of the country? Travel by air/bus/train/car?

Where is home base?

Any type of starting point could steer in you in one direction or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travel the entire country? Only a region of the country? Travel by air/bus/train/car?

Where is home base?

Any type of starting point could steer in you in one direction or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Each carrier has their own weakness and strengths in different regions of the country check with people who have T Mobile and check crowd sourced maps like root metrics or open signal maps...best of luck to you :)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk