Similar forum like this but for AT&T?

xmx1024

Well, prices keep dropping on unlimited data plans, as carrier keep getting more competitive. Here is some information regarding Cricket's new UDP at $55 monthly with autopay ($60 monthly without autopay) :

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/01/cricket-wireless-announces-new-unlimited-data-plan/

So, it basically is the same 8mbps speed limit as before with a/v streaming to match web browsing at that speed, unlike AT&T's Unlimited Choice, which costs $5 more per month than Cricket's UDP, does not include taxes, and is much slower, limited to 3mbps web browsing and 1.5mbps a/v streaming. This is a major part of my viewpoint that AT&T might as well just merge Cricket into AT&T. It looks bad to have a prepaid plan that is better in most ways to its near equivalent postpaid offering, and while AT&T owns Cricket, its brand name isn't getting any positive attention from this.

Also, I want to state how its interesting these rates are getting down to my most self-promoted figure rate of $45 monthly per line. With tax included, $55 monthly pretty much is there. Respectfully, I know some here have doubted my figure rate as being too low. Yet, here it is getting close to it, which I didn't intend the $45 rate as being tax inclusive. $55-$60 monthly with tax included is a very good similar rate, and is something I'd like to see on carriers prior to add-ons, such as international calling and tethering.

Seeing as talk is that 2G is going away, unlimited tethering could be offered at an add-on rate of $15 monthly for 3G speed, with 4G LTE being $30 monthly. That would take the total monthly rate to $75/$90 with a beginning non-autopay rate of $60 monthly, then a $5 discount applied with autopay still would remain reasonable at these figurative rates.

• 2 weeks later...

i personally have t mobile as my prepaid provider verizon as my main provider and ting for sprint cdma as my other provider....AT&T isnt very attractive to me anymore .....yes their coverage is great here but their speed has dropped and prices have increased....i m not fond of AT&T anymore

• Like 1