Windows phones?

Thomas L.

So Sprint is now offering the Lumia 635, and I'm wondering how people are feeling about Windows phones in general. I think the Windows 10 Technical Preview for PCs really shows that Microsoft is upping its game, and I'm excited for the possibilities of Windows 10 for phones, universal apps, etc. What do all of you think? Are you excited? Still think it's going to be a flop? Others thoughts?

Tommy

• Like 1

I have the tech preview as well for Windows 10 on one of my PC's and I really like it as well. I have wanted a windows phone for awhile but Sprint hasn't carried the flagship phones. I've used my friends Lumia Icon and I really like it. I am hoping Sprint will get more Windows Phones when Windows Phone 10 comes out. While I hope they sell, I have a feeling they aren't going too.

I liked my stint with my HTC 8X Windows Phone.  There were a few deal breakers for me, though.  No Signal Check Pro (or equivalent).  No Engineering Screens (on AT&T).  And limited access to apps.  Especially no Google apps, other than Gmail.

The OS itself works great.  I like it a lot.  If they had the ability to run Android apps the way that my BlackBerry Z30 can, it would be a game changer.

• Like 1

No Signal Check Pro (or equivalent).

Is it an Apple type situation where are an equivalent program can't access the information, or simply it doesn't exist?

Before I bought my evo LTE I had wanted to try windows phone but sprint didn't really carry any. Now it would be harder to switch since I am entrenched in the google ecosystem but I would still be willing to try it out.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

What are the chances and likely hood that if Microsoft releases a flagship device alongside windows phone 10. It would follow the Apple, Google approach as well as Motorola as the sole hardware manufacturer to do so with unlocked 3gpp/3gpp2 hardware with direct to consumer updates. One for the carriers and one available to consumers as well. I want to play with this!

http://www.windowscentral.com/newer-photo-microsoft-lumia-950

What are the chances and likely hood that if Microsoft releases a flagship device alongside windows phone 10. It would follow the Apple, Google approach as well as Motorola as the sole hardware manufacturer to do so with unlocked 3gpp/3gpp2 hardware with direct to consumer updates. One for the carriers and one available to consumers as well. I want to play with this!

http://www.windowscentral.com/newer-photo-microsoft-lumia-950

It would be great if Windows went the way of the new Moto X with Sprint.  Direct sales, white listed with Sprint.

• 1 month later...

I desperately want a new phone but I am not either a Apple or Sammy fan. I have had HTC phones for a while and right now have an M8 (That is bat shit crazy and driving me to the same), but the M9 is just ho-hum to me. I think I will end up with the Nexus 5x, but I would probably go for the looming Lumia 940.......if, if, if they put Sprint radios in it...........

Windows Phones are great and do provide a great alternative to BlackBerry, IOS, and Android. I would really like to have a Flagship windows Phone like the Lumia 1520 or 1020 on Sprint. My only concern is that Sprint won't give Windows Phone the proper support with WiFi calling, Windows10 Updates etc...and the the devices will be poorly tuned for CDMA.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the windows keynote.. Windows 10 looks amazeballs lol

It's too bad they didn't do this a year or two ago.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30