Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, squigey said:

Thanks for the heads up! In Ventura county, it looks like they started submitting permits in October. 

Here's a description of one of the permits:

Install (2) new 800/1900 MHz panel antennas, Install (2) new 800/2500 MHz, Install (4) 800 MHz RRHs and [1] new 2500 MHz RRH's.

Ventura county is not in the IBEZ I thought?  I thought the zone begins around long beach / compton and southwards?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

Ventura county is not in the IBEZ I thought?  I thought the zone begins around long beach / compton and southwards?

I'm not sure...I've never seen band 26 in Ventura county or for that matter Santa Barbara county.

Was it due to San Bernadino public safety? 

The RRU's have always been there though since network vision started, at least at the sites I've been to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squigey said:
I'm not sure...I've never seen band 26 in Ventura county or for that matter Santa Barbara county.
Was it due to San Bernadino public safety? 
The RRU's have always been there though since network vision started, at least at the sites I've been to.

Was my understanding they could and have deployed 1x800 where they could right up to the exclusion zone. There's no B26 due to spectrum not being available as a sideffect of the IBEZ but they have deployed what they could. 

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically I’m not excited. Jesus Sprint


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How soon Mexico will get their act together?  Isn't San Bernadino waiting on Mexico?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

 

Oh ok nice. So does this mean the rebaning has been complete and 800mhz is ready to be rolled out ? When would it start ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

 

This does not mean the rebranding is complete, BUT the fact that they are installing new equipment where it did not exist is promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m gonna take an educated guess and say we’re looking at summer 2018. Earliest


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

I’m gonna take an educated guess and say we’re looking at summer 2018. Earliest


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.




So sprint applied for permits for SoCal ? How long ago was this ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.
The site in question in venture county. It's not in the ibez.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, S4GRU said:

Well, we saw the first B26 LTE sites go live in Western Washington market about 2 months after the first sites were applied for permits.  Because not all B26 sites will require permitting.  So the first ones will likely be much sooner than Summer 2018.

Mexico will clear by then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bucdenny said:

Mexico will clear by then?

I have no idea.  Mexico doesn't keep their schedule with me. I was just sharing that some sites will go faster than the permits for 800 because some sites won't require them.  That is, when they finally are free to start deploying. It was not a crystal ball comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, S4GRU said:
I have no idea.  Mexico doesn't keep their schedule with me. I was just sharing that some sites will go faster than the permits for 800 because some sites won't require them.  That is, when they finally are free to start deploying. It was not a crystal ball comment.

So some sites may not need permits to be deployed and those sites could come on line faster ?? Am I understanding that ? Is it entirely possible to roll it before Mexico clears it or is it a process of clearance then it can be rolled out to non permitted sites ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Brynn0823 said:

So some sites may not need permits to be deployed and those sites could come on line faster ?? Am I understanding that ? Is it entirely possible to roll it before Mexico clears it or is it a process of clearance then it can be rolled out to non permitted sites ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, Mexico must clear first. However, if Sprint is beginning entitlements, they must feel that is imminent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, S4GRU said:
No, Mexico must clear first. However, if Sprint is beginning entitlements, they must feel that is imminent.

Crossing my fingers then....b26 should help close the gaps here in SoCal. Here’s to hoping some miracle happens at the start of the new year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 3:03 PM, lilotimz said:

Was my understanding they could and have deployed 1x800 where they could right up to the exclusion zone. There's no B26 due to spectrum not being available as a sideffect of the IBEZ but they have deployed what they could. 

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
 

How much spectrum is available? Ventura county has had 1x800 for quite a while, but I've never have seen B26. 

It would probably have made it through the building at my old company, as it was a concrete tilt up. I got band 41 by my desk, since it was next to a window, but mostly 3g in the interior of the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How much spectrum is available? Ventura county has had 1x800 for quite a while, but I've never have seen B26. 
It would probably have made it through the building at my old company, as it was a concrete tilt up. I got band 41 by my desk, since it was next to a window, but mostly 3g in the interior of the building.
Enough for 1x800. Potentially enough for 1.4 or 3 MHz. I thought Robert says he has info on 800 lte sites being accepted going up to the exclusion zone?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enough for 1x800. Potentially enough for 1.4 or 3 MHz. I thought Robert says he has info on 800 lte sites being accepted going up to the exclusion zone?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

So far no movement on 800 in Yuma area.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hypeo said:

So far no movement on 800 in Yuma area.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
 

Yuma is in IBEZ.

The area we're talking about is outside the IBEZ but affected by it due to proximity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • gallery_1_23_9202.png

  • Posts

    • Yeah I'm looking forward to Android 8.0 and upload CA

      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    • Such a rogue update, haven't been updated since August and now we get one with an old security patch...
    • Red Nex



      Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

    • Friday morning I called support again.  After a 15 minute call, the final resolution was "you do not have Extended LTE because you have exceeded your 100mb roaming limit."  I knew this was the wrong answer, so i decided to make a nuisance of myself. I continued to call customer support over the next half of the day whenever I had the chance. I was always presented with either the "exceeded roaming limit" answer or I was told "there was a tower down" and that I should call back in about a week. I was always polite and patient, and I feel I educated several reps as to what Extended LTE is because most seemed to have no idea. I must have called a dozen times. Then Friday afternoon I received a call from someone at the OKC support center, asking what the problem was. They called me!  Now this was different i thought to myself.   I explained that none of my lines were no longer connecting to Extended LTE, specifically B12 via Appalachian wireless on any of their towers (this was what I had been telling support reps all day). She said "That's strange. Let me send this upstairs, and I will call you back when I find something out." Upstairs?  They have an upstairs!? This was great! Within 2 hours all of my lines had Extended LTE again. Problem solved. However I have no idea what the problem was.  Moral of the story: If you do not get resolution on a support issue, call support repeatedly until someone that doesn't have to follow a script notices you?    
    • I got the update today

      Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×