Tower Question

After 3 1/2 days without having any voice or text over the weekend throughout parts of today, due to a tower outage 2 blocks or so from me that I'm always connected to. Data worked just fine throughout the outage. It's an old light pole site. So this evening, everything is working again.

So my question is, for a site like this I took pics of, will someone please explain what am I looking at antenna wise, etc... And what would need to be done for a site like this to be upgraded to LTE? And my last question is, since voice and text are now working again, what was done to this tower?

There is another Sprint light pole site about 3 miles away, had some old cables like this one, was recently upgraded to LTE. When I last drove by it, all I noticed was new black cables.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wyo8jqvux80h6i7/AAAZmAx0C5wy9chEGy5IEQPea?dl=0

Well, looking at the updated maps for 3/9, I see it has been 3G accepted.

After 3 1/2 days without having any voice or text over the weekend throughout parts of today, due to a tower outage 2 blocks or so from me that I'm always connected to. Data worked just fine throughout the outage. It's an old light pole site. So this evening, everything is working again.

So my question is, for a site like this I took pics of, will someone please explain what am I looking at antenna wise, etc... And what would need to be done for a site like this to be upgraded to LTE? And my last question is, since voice and text are now working again, what was done to this tower?

There is another Sprint light pole site about 3 miles away, had some old cables like this one, was recently upgraded to LTE. When I last drove by it, all I noticed was new black cables.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wyo8jqvux80h6i7/AAAZmAx0C5wy9chEGy5IEQPea?dl=0

Interesting.  I've never seen a tower like that.

• Like 1