JThorson

FCC Revokes Net Neutrality [WAS: FCC Approves Net Neutrality]

Anyone know the outcome of the Congressional Review to have the repeal of Net Neutrality reversed?

2 hours ago, tybo31316 said:

Anyone know the outcome of the Congressional Review to have the repeal of Net Neutrality reversed?

Well, the Senate just voted to approve the CRA.  Now it has to go to the House, where if it somehow manages to pass it'll go to the President's desk for his signature. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• I think the others are going to go faster than you think...Probably not much further than 2020 (2 years).     T-Mobile is already re farming their older 3G space... Neville Ray had said in the past that he would like to follow Verizon's shut down date not too much further than what Verizon's is. (see link below)      AT&T just shut their 2G down in January and is now eyeing 3G's deadline. They have not made a date public. T-Mobile plan to sundown 3G
    • I think they should tell him to go suck an egg!    60 MHz is a lot of spectrum... isn't it nearly half of what they have in the 2500 MHz band?  (150 MHz total)...   Why does he think he's entitled to it?   What about the other MVNO's?    
    • Boost Founder Commits to Offer $9.95 Unlimited Data Plan for Prepaid Fixed Wireless Broadband Customers and Will Rollout 4G Fixed Broadband Network in Select Low Income Areas if Government Conditions T-Mobile/Sprint Merger to Divest 60 MHz in 2.5 GHz Band https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/16/1537805/0/en/Boost-Founder-Commits-to-Offer-9-95-Unlimited-Data-Plan-for-Prepaid-Fixed-Wireless-Broadband-Customers-and-Will-Rollout-4G-Fixed-Broadband-Network-in-Select-Low-Income-Areas-if-Gov.html
    • Companies are going to be paying fees to Qualcomm anyway given how many patents and licenses they own for 5G-NR too. Also Qualcomm's integrated modems in their chipsets are better than anything else on the market so I'm in no rush to replace them. Samsung's Exynos chipset wasn't the best compared to the Snapdragon 845 on this most recent round of flagships. It had battery life problems and slightly worse performance despite being the better chipset on paper.
    • I would assume so. Verizon is leading the pack for CDMA carriers so it would make sense for Sprint and pretty much any other CDMA carrier in the country to follow in their footsteps.