Sprint Organic Network Expansion Discussion Thread

I'm so exhausted so I'm not sure if im making sense so please forgive me...

Can sprint also pair up with their LTE roaming partners and maybe add 1x voice to their sites?

Also will this organic expansion delay any plans with their LTE roaming partners? If not then taking this organic expansion plan and their LTE roaming deal...this is all great for sprint!!

I don't think this has any impact to Sprint's plans with RRPP members. However, Sprint could add 1x voice service to RRPP members when they add Sprint LTE bands to their networks.
  • Like 1

I guess the market is getting wind of Sprint's expansion plans.  Not sure what else would account for today's jump in the stock price. Granted the stock has taken a beating this week after those comments from BTIG. 

I guess the market is getting wind of Sprint's expansion plans.  Not sure what else would account for today's jump in the stock price. Granted the stock has taken a beating this week after those comments from BTIG. 

Sprint Gains Amid Speculation on Comcast Wireless Ambitions

By Beth Mellor

(Bloomberg) -- Sprint rises as much as 6.9%, most intraday since Feb. 5, on ~51% 3-month daily avg. vol.

Does the 1100 iDEN sites include the ~100 site that have already been converted?

No. That is a previous program, which is largely complete. This is an additional 1,100 sites.
  • Like 10

I wonder if any one can make an overlay of all the decommissioned Nextel site and remove all that already have Sprint on them and those already converted. Im dying to know which 1,100 sites are being converted now. I know of quite of few old nextel only sites that could be used to fill in some coverage gabs.

• Like 3

I wonder if any one can make an overlay of all the decommissioned Nextel site and remove all that already have Sprint on them and those already converted. Im dying to know which 1,100 sites are being converted now.

I did something like that in an Excel spreadsheet back in 2012. I never turned it into a map, but always planned to. I couldn't find the file the last time I looked for it. Which was about a year ago. If I had the time, I would just recreate it. And I still may do that.
  • Like 14

I wonder if any one can make an overlay of all the decommissioned Nextel site and remove all that already have Sprint on them and those already converted. Im dying to know which 1,100 sites are being converted now.

I would like to see the same thing, but I don't believe anyone knows which sites are going to be upgraded yet. Maybe in the near future we will have more information on which sites will be converted.

• Like 1

I did something like that in an Excel spreadsheet back in 2012. I never turned it into a map, but always planned to. I couldn't find the file the last time I looked for it. Which was about a year ago. If I had the time, I would just recreate it. And I still may do that.

Robert, couldn't you take the old Nextel Decommissioned Map and just update that with the ones that will be converted? I would think that may be the easiest, but then again, what do I know. :mad2:  

I would like to see the same thing, but I don't believe anyone knows which sites are going to be upgraded yet. Maybe in the near future we will have more information on which sites will be converted.

It would probably be relatively simple to create a map of the non collocated sites, then as sites are converted highlighting them (with a different color pin).

And/or we can hope for a leak of the actual sites to be converted. :)

• Like 1

Robert, couldn't you take the old Nextel Decommissioned Map and just update that with the ones that will be converted? I would think that may be the easiest, but then again, what do I know. :mad2:

Yes, that is what I'm proposing. But it still requires a judgment call on thousands of data points. Especially for density sites inside existing coverage areas. The last time I did it, it took me a week of free time. And I'd like to do it again. I may have time soon.
  • Like 8

Yes, that is what I'm proposing. But it still requires a judgment call on thousands of data points. The last time I did it, it took me a week of free time. And I'd like to do it again. I may have time soon.

Need a volunteer to help?

Did Sprint ever get faster at turning up MW backhaul then they were in the initial Chicago deployment? If they did the remaining sites and expansion should pick up pace.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Sprint filed frequcy coordination  for hundreds of New Microwave paths last November covering Washington, Colorado, Iowa, Illnios and Ohio

• Like 4

Sprint filed frequcy coordination  for hundreds of New Microwave paths last November covering Washington, Colorado, Iowa, Illnios and Ohio

Yep, I posted a list of the sites by cascade ID that are due microwave backhaul in the Premier sector of the forums.  If Robert would allow it to be posted in here I would copy and paste it.  

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, they did that at the start of NV 1.0 in the Chicago market. Some of those sites sat finished but not activated for a long time. (Dekalb I believe was a year and a half or so). That was very unusual even with the issues they were having with work execution early on in NV 1.0. I was just wondering as 1.0 rolled on if they were quicker at lighting up the MW links.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk