Sprint Organic Network Expansion Discussion Thread

Uhhh, no. Network Vision still continues. In fact, there are some internal conversations about a push to finish up LTE to remaining sites via microwave. We also have seen some evidence of this in Grand Junction, Colorado where permitting recently started to microwave all the remaining sites in that area.

Sprint is being much more aggressive in completing existing work as well as adding more scope. This is all good news, no matter where you live. Also, i expect some iDEN sites to replace some sites in rural locations like yours, too.

Does this apply to loner sites that are surrounded by lte completed ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 9000 tower's/sites it roughly 180 per state Maryland has 23 counties that would be 7 or so per county in a real world,wonder if Sprint will do this in a real world way.

Nah, I would put all 180 Maryland towers in Garrett County

• Like 2

What are your thoughts? What do you expect? Is it just another daily topic to feed the sheeple? Are we leading the lambs to slaughter? Stay tuned next week for more ESS FOUURR GREWWWWW... errr.

Discuss people. 

So I was pronouncing it correctly the whole time!!!!!

• Like 4

At 9000 tower's/sites it roughly 180 per state Maryland has 23 counties that would be 7 or so per county in a real world,wonder if Sprint will do this in a real world way.

This is all speculation, but as noted in the article it will rely on a multitude of factors. In terms of Maryland, I could see little growth in Western Maryland (do people still live there? :P ), but places like southeastern Frederick receiving new towers due to the suburbanization along I-270.

The urban sites portion would be useful in some areas of NYC. Sprint is probably trying to take back their crown as the interstate king. They're probably going to provide substantial enough service that you could drive from coast to coast and not encounter roaming at all. I'm also sure that RRPP is helping them a little bit with this in that some areas, they can simply skip over because the other carriers are doing them instead. 

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

• Like 2

The urban sites portion would be useful in some areas of NYC. Sprint is probably trying to take back their crown as the interstate king. They're probably going to provide substantial enough service that you could drive from coast to coast and not encounter roaming at all. I'm also sure that RRPP is helping them a little bit with this in that some areas, they can simply skip over because the other carriers are doing them instead.

I'M SO EXCITED!!!

The service in NYC actually seems to be improving for a change, not a false alarm this time.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll be in a real world way. They will probably do it percentage wise per market. LA, NYC, and a few other major markets receiving the largest portion of new sites. Of course, this is all speculation. I wouldn't at all mind if they added 50 new sites in just the Las Vegas Market alone.

Sounds like real band 41 expansion lookout tmobile .

Currently, Carter said, T-Mobile has fiber backhaul connections to 50,000 of its sites, out of 60,000 total sites. That decreases costs and allows for more data usage on the network, he said.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobiles-carter-its-myth-sprint-needs-fail-us-succeed/2014-11-13

• Like 1

Currently, Carter said, T-Mobile has fiber backhaul connections to 50,000 of its sites, out of 60,000 total sites. That decreases costs and allows for more data usage on the network, he said.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobiles-carter-its-myth-sprint-needs-fail-us-succeed/2014-11-13

eh

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

Robert - Any update on 800 in the IBEZ? NE Ohio is patiently waiting.

Sprint has started deploying 800MHz radios in many markets to be ready when rebanding and the IBEZ are clear this year. It will happen one market at a time over the course of 2015, mostly in the second half. We don't have any more info than that, but it's coming.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 4

Any expansion in the upstate of South Carolina?

I think it is up in the air right now man. Dude said it best in the article, roaming costs(!$!) prospective growth +$, and once it is rolled out, it is just interest% and opex /$/ I am imagining.

Look to areas that survived the meltdown in the city and suburbs, industrial areas that pose growth opportunities, and everyone else is rooting for highways like myself.

I live in teh styx now so I would appreciate a stonger rural presence. This should be cool man. I am getting geared up for this already.

• Like 3

In the future once we get more specifications on what iDEN sites are being converted, have you thought about creating a new map to show which iDEN sites are being converted or just add them onto the NV Sites Map? I'm looking forward to seeing how much more the coverage grows.

tumblr_lzwagsA2Bs1r7n0dh.gif

• Like 4

I'm so exhausted so I'm not sure if im making sense so please forgive me...

Can sprint also pair up with their LTE roaming partners and maybe add 1x voice to their sites?

Also will this organic expansion delay any plans with their LTE roaming partners? If not then taking this organic expansion plan and their LTE roaming deal...this is all great for sprint!!