LG G4 User Thread (Was: Rumor Thread)

JThorson

Hmmn wish I would've know that. Its like we're going back to the past. Does Verizon have the same issue? 

depends on the phone, most of them do support SVLTE (simultaneous voice and LTE) but some of the newer ones stopped supporting it and won't again until VOLTE.

there are just too many LTE bands to support to try and make SVLTE work, not enough room in the phone to fit all that in there and wouldn't be cost effective.

• Like 1

Hmmn wish I would've know that. Its like we're going back to the past. Does Verizon have the same issue? 

Not sure how long you've been reading S4GRU, but before the first Spark devices were even released, back in 2013 we reported that SvLTE would no longer be supported, and have made that clear ever since. And yet, people are still surprised. 

Also, I should add that several Verizon flagship devices have stopped supporting SvLTE as well. I don't know the specific devices off the top of my head though.

• Like 3

I think many of us G3 owners are also skipping this upgrade cycle because it's not enough of an upgrade to justify paying out of pocket.

Forget the pocket.  What about the zipper?  That thing looks like it is just waiting to be unzipped.

lg-g4-leaks-720x462.jpg

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Got the G4 today and like it. The leather back feels good in the hand and looks premium. The slight curve in the screen combined with the beveled corners fits in the hand well and disappears in the pocket better than expected for the size. My only complaints are the large bezels and that it wobbles when used laying on a desk or table.

So I tried to get my msl code and they won't let me cause I'm leasing the phone. So if there is anyone out there that is not leasing it and has the code would you please share. Thanks.

In regards to your MSL, you just need to ask the right question: open up a chat support, and tell them you had to do a factory reset, and now it's asking for "some kind of code...MSL code I think?" Just play dumb. You'll often get a rep that thinks you're trying to unlock the device, and will refuse to give it to you.

Sent from my iPhone 6

In regards to your MSL, you just need to ask the right question: open up a chat support, and tell them you had to do a factory reset, and now it's asking for "some kind of code...MSL code I think?" Just play dumb. You'll often get a rep that thinks you're trying to unlock the device, and will refuse to give it to you.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I tried again yesterday and samething. The device is leased and the system won't allow access to that information

I tried again yesterday and samething. The device is leased and the system won't allow access to that information

Just say you need to manually program the phone, they will give you the MSL along with the steps required.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got a G4 yesterday. It's definitely a nice device. I didn't get the leather back though, because I'd rather get a case (and the case I'm getting doesn't have support for the leather back supposedly).

In any case, coming from a Nexus 5, I definitely notice both a huge battery life increase, as well as a way better camera. I have already gone through 2 and a half hours of screen on time with 63% remaining. I don't care whether that's good or bad to some of you guys, but for me, it's a HUGE upgrade from my Nexus 5, which would have been on fumes with the same usage. I will definitely miss my AOSP settings, though, but after getting used to it, I remember how much I like customization without resorting to rooting and Xposed. I already added and deleted certain toggles in the quick settings bar in the notification shade for example, and I like having a different wallpaper for my lock screen and launcher.

Performance wise, I definitely notice a very slight stutter every now and then compared to the N5, but not enough to bother me. It seems like installing apps and loading some websites is faster on the G4 though. I'm guessing it's just due to either better NAND storage or better RAM, or it could just be a placebo effect, but if it is, that means the performance difference is negligible, so it's more than good enough, in other words.

As I've already put the Google Now Launcher on this phone, it feels like home, and I'll definitely enjoy it more than my Nexus 5 now that I have better battery life and that better camera.

• Like 3

So is the vibrator removable?

You should unzip it and find out.  It could be your own mobile version of "The Crying Game."

AJ

• Like 1

No Framily upgrades at Best Buy, Sprint took that away. You might have been able to preorder but when you go in you will have to switch to one of the new plans.  Only Sprint Corp stores can touch Framily.  Even if you do easy pay, doesn't make sense, I have Framily can't do anything at my Best Buy.

Must've been at your own local Best Buy. Mine did the upgrade just fine. No hassles. Bought the phone on Easy Pay and went about my day.  

• Like 2

Has anyone else with a G4 and a non-default launcher like the Google Now Launcher or Nova Launcher (or any other 3rd party launcher) experienced an issue where a Sprint app tries to download itself, but fails to do so, and then it resets the default home to the LG Launcher? I would have gotten a screenshot, but I already dismissed the message. I've had it happen to me twice already. I think I uninstalled one of the preloaded apps that they allowed you to uninstall, and it may be causing the issue, though I don't remember the name of the app 100%. I vaguely remember the Sprint app to be the Sprint Direct Connect app trying to download itself, so I installed the app manually through the Play Store to see if it'll fix the problem.

I know it's a really weird issue, but I'll try to get a screenshot if it happens again tomorrow morning.

I've been running Nova Launcher since Friday and I haven't had that happen.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info. I'm definitely leaning towards the app that I uninstalled being the cause of the issue. You didn't uninstall any preloaded apps did you? I just wish I remember exactly what app(s) I touched. I don't want to factory reset my phone because I already installed all my apps and did a bunch of customizations, but it might have to come to that if I can't figure out what I did.

Thanks for that info. I'm definitely leaning towards the app that I uninstalled being the cause of the issue. You didn't uninstall any preloaded apps did you? I just wish I remember exactly what app(s) I touched. I don't want to factory reset my phone because I already installed all my apps and did a bunch of customizations, but it might have to come to that if I can't figure out what I did.

I've haven't uninstalled anything yet. I'm waiting for root to become available.

Has anyone else with a G4 and a non-default launcher like the Google Now Launcher or Nova Launcher (or any other 3rd party launcher) experienced an issue where a Sprint app tries to download itself, but fails to do so, and then it resets the default home to the LG Launcher? I would have gotten a screenshot, but I already dismissed the message. I've had it happen to me twice already. I think I uninstalled one of the preloaded apps that they allowed you to uninstall, and it may be causing the issue, though I don't remember the name of the app 100%. I vaguely remember the Sprint app to be the Sprint Direct Connect app trying to download itself, so I installed the app manually through the Play Store to see if it'll fix the problem.

I know it's a really weird issue, but I'll try to get a screenshot if it happens again tomorrow morning.

So it looks like it happened again this morning. This time I got a screenshot. So the error message is "Unable to install Sprint Default ." Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's in the Play Store, and I have no idea where "Manage Packs" would be.

Also, it does show the Google Now Launcher in the background, but after I click cancel, when I press the home button, it goes to the LG home screen and I have to re-set Google Now as my main launcher. Pressing Retry will retry and fail and come back to this screen.

I'll be posting this to Sprint and LG to see if they know of the issue, but I'm hoping one of you guys happen to have run into this at some point, whether on this phone or another one.

Screenshot_2015-06-10-08-05-30.png

got to play with my brothers G4 this weekend, it is a very nice phone! wish i would have waited for it instead of jumping on the flex 2 :( anyway everything about it was smooth and fast. he was at 22% battery left so i checked the stats and he was just under 4 hours SOT. he said the battery was much better then the G3 he had before.

So it looks like it happened again this morning. This time I got a screenshot. So the error message is "Unable to install Sprint Default ." Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's in the Play Store, and I have no idea where "Manage Packs" would be.

Also, it does show the Google Now Launcher in the background, but after I click cancel, when I press the home button, it goes to the LG home screen and I have to re-set Google Now as my main launcher. Pressing Retry will retry and fail and come back to this screen.

I'll be posting this to Sprint and LG to see if they know of the issue, but I'm hoping one of you guys happen to have run into this at some point, whether on this phone or another one.

It looks like Sprint themselves have never seen this issue before, and they just told me to troubleshoot with the Sprint Zone app. That app only has generic tips like clear app data, or clear app cache, or soft reset the phone by powering it off and taking out the battery for 10 seconds. I don't think any of those will help my issue.

However, in the Settings menu of the Sprint Zone app, I found Sprint Settings -> Updates, and I unchecked that. Hopefully it stops trying to at least download the failing app now. We'll see...

it's OK. My g3 was better before the lollipop update. So this battery is OK. I get roughly 1 7 hours on a charge. I'm using it allot too

See, 4 days in and I'm only like averaging about 11 hours with light use. Right now I'm at 26% after 7:41 of use time. I've got about. T hours left. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and seeing if anything improves. If it doesn't I may take this back and get a Note 4.

See, 4 days in and I'm only like averaging about 11 hours with light use. Right now I'm at 26% after 7:41 of use time. I've got about. T hours left. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset and seeing if anything improves. If it doesn't I may take this back and get a Note 4.

I'm going on 12 hours with 33%left with using Pandora for about two hours, some Internet surfing, some talking on the phone, and some playing candy crush. So not bad. So do you have your screen down too zero?

Get the Note 4

Sent from my SM-N910T

Get the Note 4

Sent from my SM-N910T

Not quite that easy. I'd have to give up the freebie microsd card from LG and the $100 gift card from best buy. Plus note is more expensive. Tough choice. 9 more days to decide.

Not quite that easy. I'd have to give up the freebie microsd card from LG and the $100 gift card from best buy. Plus note is more expensive. Tough choice. 9 more days to decide.

Ohhh I see. What type of SD card did they give you?

Sent from my SM-N910T